Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Utica is giving Mike Aviani a try out. Local kid from North Shore. In juniors he could score and play high pace game. I have seen him play with Grandview Steelers in East side of Vancouver and with Portland. His style of play is like Chicago's captains play . Just maybe we find a third line centre with top speed. Reminds me of Bob Clark when he played. Does not back up. Crafty youngster I wish him all the best.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao six games to go Gillis's thinking is so negative. It is sad to hear that if he stays Tortorella goes or if he goes Totorella stays. With out a question both of them are equal falt. Gillis for not buying a guy like Molson and Tortorell a with his nineteen o six shot blocking.
In my opinion twins should come and ask to be traded. Players like that can not play for a guy like Torts. He needs five goons and four good D.
I dam well feel sad for the team if Gillis or Torts stay. Both are way over their heads for modern hockey of today. Paul Mourice should have been here before both of them.
Owners will have to loose few million before the club moves forward. Team is way under size for western group. Foot seed lacks in counter attacks. Shooting in every time makes it for very boring hockey. Both Gillis an Torts have a job to do yet. Both neend to shut their yaps and take care of the job.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My biggest concern as I said before is the Ownership is involved in hockey decisions. It doesn't matter who you fire you are not going to get good hockey people if the ownership wants to get involved. A good owner hires good people and gives him the resources he needs to build a winning team. They shouldn't be involved in hiring the coach, negotiating contracts, trades and anything else. Set realistic goals for your hockey people and hold them accountable when they don't meet them. If you are the one making the desicions how can you say they did a bad job. Looks like we are going to be the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My biggest concern as I said before is the Ownership is involved in hockey decisions. It doesn't matter who you fire you are not going to get good hockey people if the ownership wants to get involved. A good owner hires good people and gives him the resources he needs to build a winning team. They shouldn't be involved in hiring the coach, negotiating contracts, trades and anything else. Set realistic goals for your hockey people and hold them accountable when they don't meet them. If you are the one making the desicions how can you say they did a bad job. Looks like we are going to be the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL.

With 0 Championships!!!

Go on Red Wings!!!

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think you're posting in the wrong thread. We're not talking whitecaps here.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch I think STD is trying to say that Canucks are like Dalls Cowboys. I personaly think Canucks Gm will get the door. In last two years he blames the coach's. But it's all his doing. Team is old last a drive to play sixty minutes full out. Srarting with twins. They lost forty percent of their game,age is a factor. They blame the wingers. Burrows got hurt this year twins are down by thirty points. Kesler has lost his drive after the Sochi. Bieksa picked his game up after the Christmas, before that he was dogging it. Stanton is a plus. Edler is a hole on the team. Weber is the same as Edler.
Canucks need a guy like Molson who can score goals on regular bases, or another free agent that can score and is a proven score, not some Ontario scrap yard dogs. There is no way team can win if you need fifteen chances a game to score. Torts is not to blame. I only think he has to stop telling players to block shot. We have a keeper in net. Two D and Centre need to clear the rebounds. As of now D is not strong enough.
Horvat is coming next year in my opinion no better than Kassian, third line and no more . Dane Fox, Cassels and Shinkaruk should be here as fourth line. We would see allot more goals. Game pace would pick up. Team is slow. In my opinion two D with way more size and speed are needed. Team gets beat four five times a period on the outside as our D is slow to cut the guy off.
Owners must buy a gad darn sniper for this club. Two two positive ladies will not do. Kesler goes we get a sniper. Booth goes we get young D.
Edler goes we get second line winger. Burrows to Rangers we get the D we need.
I see twins an Bo as line one I see Matthias Jensen, Kasian as line two I see Santorelli,Hensen,Higens as line three I see Shinkaruk, Cassels and foxs as line four. I see Dalpe, Sestito and Avanti as fill in players. D I hate to even talk about. That is the sole reason of our club going waste side. Franco Corrado has to be here, young Peter Anderson should be here.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Torts still hunting for a play off spot. Gillis is golfing soon. What a game by Canucks. Corrado is better than Webber. O hockey gods might be with Torts. Would it not be a good laugh. Gillis would have to eat his own shyt.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprisingly no one commented yet that loss on Saturday. Completely on Robinson and no one else. Not on a referee. Not on Laba.
Guys, please, tell me. You are the coach and you decide to substitute Mattocks (with Manneh). Really, logical move at the moment Robinson wanted to do it. Then Mattocks scores and makes a great pass to Morales two minutes after. And, as a coach, what you do at that time? You send Manneh to continue warm up and then after additional 6,7 minutes sub Miller!!!??? Now, you leave two runners (Mattocks and Manneh) on the field with Manneh playing outside which is NOT his position. Manneh can be only a target man and nothing else! How the hell Robinson still does not understand that? He is not a new guy!

Miller is very good up front with his experience. He works hard, he makes some really nice passes (Mattocks' goal has Miller written all over it). He can cover also midfield so substituting him was a ridiculous move (unless you sub him as a similar type of player). As a coach, you never plan to make one sub and then completely change your opinon and sub another player who is really playing a different role than the player you wanted to sub. Manneh can sub only Mattock and, really, no one else!

At the end he puts in Hurtado who is another runner and he plays three runners against a congested Colorado defence!? Just unbelievable! Robinson lost that game. All because Mattocks finally scores. So what? Cannot deal with his disgruntled face when he is substituted?

Another thing. With Laba getting a red card how the hell you do not address a holding midfielder position right away? Who did he relay on? Teibert!? I have been saying for quite a long time that Teibert's useless running does not mean anything. On the contrary, his wandering around often screws up positioning for some other players. Please, what is the point running to your own player (who is now 5 feet away from you), demand the ball, get the ball, and pass it back to the same player? That is exactly what Teibert does! And with Robinson's screw up substitutions, with Miller, Laba, and Koffie out, the team had to rely on Teibert! Really! To finisih, again, the same thing - the game is about to start and Teibert is in the squatting position! What the hell does that mean? That guy has some serious issues because he is constantly looking for attention. Yes, he is definitely being noticed but for all wrong reasons. And to think he is the future of Canadian soccer!? We are guaranteed to be 125th on the FIFA list.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutless Frucks are going golfing. If I was Torts I would smoke Gillis in the nuts and tell him I told you four months ago to make some trades. Gillis and his third line players. Torts as GM, Travis Green as a coach Booth, Higgins to Florida.
Gaunce,Bo,Shinkaruck and Fox here. Sestio fishing in Alaska. Hell man they forgot how to shoot the puck. Not one D can hit the net. All have sixty flex sticks.
Sad sad to see Luango gave the a chance Henrik of all goes and shyts the pants. They dont even know how to come out of ther end. Pay Boby Orr to come here and show the bums what to do.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk of the town Linden in Gillis and his side kick Gi-man out. It would be nice to see Linden back but in my opinion as an assistant first.
Sad to see the team totally flat and lost for most parts. It's not Torts as you can see he sas very little. Torts deserves another year. The man means well but the players he has now they lack a drive to win. They go on and off like a light switch. Sestito head to kick the crap of one of their guys to lift the the team up. Again he curled his tale in like a little pup. I am not sure what went wrong with his drive. Ducks third goal is what hockey is all about. Go full out as a team and good things happen. In my opinion Lack is good enough to be the number one. D is out to lunch. Few forwards need to change the address and things will be good again. For god sake get rid of Webber. He always jumps up in to the play but forgets to come back. If it was not for Shawn Matthias score could have been six zip. Jensen looks good even on a shyty team. I heard Torts is going to Richmond driving range each day before he goes home across the line. That team could drive a man mad. Henrik needs a rubber ducky to play with.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Admin....time to close the thread?

I like it, it's just what the current group needs.
Especially Botchford.

Can't wait!
THIS! ^^^

I am absolutely ready to kick the next "CanucksFan" in the balls that opens their mouths about so&so needs to be fired.

This team played in a SHITE division amongst teams that beat their heads in from the 80's through to the early 00's and this sense of entitlement to win and succeed blows me away.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for the Canucks and being a hockey fan. There is something wrong to be "CanucksFan" and live a life seen through Blue & Forest Coloured Glasses.

Gillis made some mistakes, all GM's do. Torts had a horrendous team to play with that ended up hurt all year. Owners seem to be meddling, you know what?! It's their ATM and they can play with it however they choose. Us fans get to vote with our wallets!

The last thing Trevor Linden needs is the Vancouver Canucks. Guy is rich, has his brothers now set up in business. The fitness gyms are printing money, he travels the world hiking, kayaking, mountaineering and biking. He's enjoying retired after-hockey-life. Why would he want all the Vancouver Media ambulance chasers calling him every day? He has enough grey hair!

A little birdy also told me Naslund was our next GM. Give me fcuking strength. :rolleyes:

FFS.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm 50/50 on this to be honest... too many stories of the owners getting involved in player/coaches decisions.

This reminds of the dark Messier/Keenan days... I think that's what's in store for us the next few years :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts