Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Sapperton Summer team?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, will the Rovers be Pentictons new feeder team?
A player with the Pinnacles last season is now the team’s head coach.
Kevin Hearn, a 34 year-old educator at Princess Margaret Secondary School, has agreed to assume the head coaching reins of the Pacific Coast Soccer League’s Penticton Pinnacles. The announcement was made at noon Tuesday at the Penticton Soccer Club.

Hearn, who came to Penticton a year ago, fills the post vacated by Ivo Jager less than two months ago. Jager resigned due to business interests.

“We had three people on the list that we looked at and we went with Kevin mainly because he is still quite involved with the team,” said Manuel Borba, a PSC director.
“He knows where we’re at and he knows the shortage of players that we have up here,” said Borba.

Borba says another key in the hiring of Hearn as head coach was his connections to the soccer scene in the Lower Mainland. “He can bring in players to help us out and – I think in the next couple of years until we get some more young guys coming through – we still have to get that help from the coast,” said Borba.
Hearn played with both the UBC soccer club and Sapperton Soccer Club in the Vancouver Premier Soccer League.

Borba and fellow directors Alex Ferreira and Ray Hintz will look after the technical and managerial side of the Pinnacles.
“Instead of having one manager we’ll spread the work around,” said Borba. “We’ll do the technical part of the game and assist Kevin whenever we can. But he will be responsible for the team, getting players and coaches. It’ll be his baby.”

The PCSL season kicks off the first week in May and the league has expanded to twelve teams from nine in 2004. The new teams are UBC, the Whitecaps Reserves and the New Westminster Khalsa. The Khalsa won the PCSL championship in 2003 but were forced to take a year’s leave of absence.

“The league might go to two divisions,” said Borba, “That has yet to be decided. Borba said the split into two divisions might be a necessity due to league scheduling.
“They have to get the league in between May 1st and the middle of August because a lot of the university players have to go back,” said Borba. “So it might be two divisions with some interlocking games.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you will not get a better person to coach than hearne,looking forward to see him succeed ,I will tell you one thing there will be a lot more interest than sapperton,lots of people would play for him

best of look with the challenge ahead of you kevin

;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: best of luck via: marble mouth???

WTF??? Why on gods green earth would you TTP out of criminal??? :rolleyes:
I think you're going a bit overboard this time sidney!!! ;)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
you will not get a better person to coach than hearne,looking forward to see him succeed ,I will tell you one thing there will be a lot more interest than sapperton,lots of people would play for him

best of look with the challenge ahead of you kevin

;)
dumbo !genieus !guinnypig,thats not a fcuking piss take,I am wishing a good friend luck with his new job!
I thought friends were only allowed to call him criminal!I believe wilky started that name when he played at UBC with kev

sid

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote from Media Release:

"Borba and fellow directors Alex Ferreira and Ray Hintz will look after the technical and managerial side of the Pinnacles.
“Instead of having one manager we’ll spread the work around,” said Borba. “We’ll do the technical part of the game and assist Kevin whenever we can. But he will be responsible for the team, getting players and coaches. It’ll be his baby."

Kevin is a great guy and will do a super job but what does the word "technical" in this release imply?? I hope for his sake that this does not mean interference or they call the shots on what they do in training or on the field.

Player shortage in the area?

Isn't having a PCSL team in a city without an adequate supply of players (other than via long drives/air) like opening a hospital for brain surgery in a town with no brain surgeons or the likelihood that any will relocate?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe he will hire you reccos as his back upwawawawaterboy

bobby(reccos)bouche :eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The composition of photos with 17 or 20 players can be improved by inserting Bobby Bouche (the "waterboy") into the picture at no extra charge.

Simply list Bobby Bouche on the order form where you want him to appear.

Hey Sid, I don't do water.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure Kevin will be bringing in a few boys from past Scotland Nations teams, might have to change the team name to Penticton Rangers or would that be Celtic?

Well I bet they won't be the laughing stock of the league any more, well at least not laughing in front of Kevin.

hos

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will take a while to rebuild,but lets see if hearne can accomplish this overnite,him alone can win championships,as for the waterboy ,you should challenge yourself RECCOS ;)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take a pass on that Sid. I will do one thing though. I"d sign a petition to get Hearne's photo up there to replace the naked guys with the trophy. Maybe the one from a few years back with his head bleeding and a bandage wrapped around it and him right back on the field playing.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
HOS - Magic. :D

I'll have to ask Wilkie if he did indeed give him the name at UBC.
he sure did ;)

phone in results or answer to cannon ind. :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I'll take a pass on that Sid. I will do one thing though. I"d sign a petition to get Hearne's photo up there to replace the naked guys with the trophy. Maybe the one from a few years back with his head bleeding and a bandage wrapped around it and him right back on the field playing.
That happens once a year since kevin was a teenager,I remember in the kelowna tourney,I wrapped kevins head & nose up with a half jar of vaseline,an eight foor bandage & a role of electrical tape,he looked like alibabba,he went back on a few minutes later and scored the game winner,we wemt home monday night,he went to school then he went to the hospital got 6 stiches then he played a Bohemiam summer game tuesday! ;) this is just one weekend in the criminals life ;) Now for another story ,try hiking with the cnut,he never gets tired,I have 30 pounds of back pack,kev has 40 + his son braiden in the backpack with his daughter shaela up front,the chap killed me fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :mad: :) :)

sid

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sidney's birthday bite!

Originally posted byEgg face
dumbo !genieus !guinnypig,thats not a fcuking piss take,I am wishing a good friend luck with his new job!
Really??? I thought you hated the guy and wanted him dead??? :rolleyes:
I couldn't decide (after all of the BJ's you been GIVING him on TTP), whether you secretly lusted him or loathed him??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (note sarcastic eye rolls) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guinnessjustpishedalloversidsface!!! :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sidney's birthday bite!

Guinness said:
Really??? I thought you hated the guy and wanted him dead??? :rolleyes:
I couldn't decide (after all of the BJ's you been GIVING him on TTP), whether you secretly lusted him or loathed him??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (note sarcastic eye rolls) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guinnessjustpishedalloversidsface!!! :D
whats a bj :rolleyes: ;) ;) :D I guess cainey knows all about your bjs you have given him,wasnt it foden before cainey :eek:
you wish you could play son :eek:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs are you mad cause hearne knocked you on your ass 6 years ago in league play ;)

sidthinksGuinnessthinksheisallIRISHwithaBritishpassport

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I'm mad because little Billy Thompson pushed me into a mud puddle 26 years ago :rolleyes:

WTF does that have to do with you?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
No, I'm mad because little Billy Thompson pushed me into a mud puddle 26 years ago :rolleyes:

WTF does that have to do with you?
hows the modelling going Regs :p :p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts