Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Stadium Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vancity

http://www.canucksource.com/news2.php?subaction=showfull&id=1128114775&archive=&start_from=&ucat=9&

STADIUM UPDATE // canucksource exclusive breaking news
Jason Y | 30 Sep 2005

Canucksource Exclusive
September 30, 2005

Canucksource has learned from very reliable sources that the much anticipated outdoor-stadium unveiling will take place in exactly 14 days (October 13th) from today. There will be a media frenzy on that day and sure enough, people will be crowding to get a glimpse at this developing plan. The stadium, which will cost approximately 70 million dollars, will habour over the beautiful downtown waterfront. Please note that this date has been confirmed by sources and the major press conference will be held in exactly 14 days. The new stadium will accomodate the Vancouver Whitecaps, possibly the BC Lions, and numerous other events. Furthermore, the stadium could serve as a gathering place for delegates in 2010. If a second tier of stands were added to the plan, it would more than double the capacity to 35,000. Stay tuned to Canucksource for more on this breaking news and proposal.

olympstd.jpg

by * Alan Jackson @ 30 Sep 2005 11:14 pm | Canucksource.com
This isn't big news, this is the worst kept secret in Vancouver. Where have you guys been. This venue is a 3 sided venue that is open to the water. Not only will it have beautiful luxury boxes to accomodate patrons, but it will also be an open air venue for the Vancouver symphony (already confirmed), a bowl for open air concerts, and it will have real grass, but you will be able to take it all out and have an outdoor skating rink in winter, a volleyball court in summer, it will be able to be used all year round. And so it should, the whitecaps are an amazing organization, and what they are doin for the city is intangible.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
details are out, and the Caps have a site explaining all the details including pictures, artists renderings, testimonials etc...

www.whitecapsnewstadium.com

To me it looks fantastic. I have a seasons tick for the SouthSide.
I feel that the Caps would be better attended if they had better Transit access than they do now. Who wants to walk through Central Park in Burnaby now.
Now with the games DT I can slide off to a nice DT watering hole post game for a cold one or thirteen.
The rendering showing a picture of the West Gastown/Canada Place with the new "Whitecaps Waterfront Stadium" airbrushed in looks fantastic.

I cannae wait!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancity,

What does Munich's Olympic Stadium have anything to do this?

[edit]
. . . . forget it -- I see that it was the report's fault, not yours.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the fcuking Lions keep their Damned paws off this stadium.

I want a real football rennaiscance in Vancity!
Imagine 15k singing "We're Blue.. We're White"

Although I know all those 75 year old "hard" european men will not get off their wrinkled arses if Angelina Joile was offering them sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0