Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

new whitecaps coach !

ivar

Jul 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teitur Thordarson !

VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Whitecaps named Teitur Thordarson as the new head coach of the United Soccer League team Tuesday.
Thordarson, 55, a native of Iceland, spent three years as head coach of Estonia's national team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thordarson, 55, a native of Iceland, spent three years as head coach of Estonia's national team... and 5 years as Evan Pellerud's best friend.

Gotta feel for Daso.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Colin Millar? Local guy just left premiership team in england. (Derby) Played for Canada, Not sure how many caps for canada but more than enough?

Would seem to be a better fit and would create local interest. but of course they go with some guy from Iceland that nobody has heard of.

I say the caps and their fearless leader Lenarbobaduzzi dropped the ball on this 1!:confused:

Parkhead

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't agree more wtih Parkhead! Colin Miller was the perfect fit as he been at the highest of levels in Europe as both a Coach and Player. Once again the "Hubcaps" have gone and done the wrong thing for the sport here. Typical!

Will this new guy be looking locally for potential youth talent for the team or will he do as Bob Lilley did and bring in players from everywhere else, pay them a salary, and have them sit in the press box. What a joke!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you ever think he didn't want the job? Or maybe he was asked and was unavailable due to the fact he has to live in Europe for a year before he can come "home" with-out paying an un-believable amount taxes on his salary and buy out. I'm just spitballing here...

You're right. Best bet to blame the Whitecaps for the wrong choice first and ask questions later.

Franz Bakingpowder

Aug 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you ever think he didn't want the job? Or maybe he was asked and was unavailable due to the fact he has to live in Europe for a year before he can come "home" with-out paying an un-believable amount taxes on his salary and buy out. I'm just spitballing here...

You're right. Best bet to blame the Whitecaps for the wrong choice first and ask questions later.

If Miller or Dasovic didn't want the job then why would they have applied for it?:confused:

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting take. And plausible. KNVB closer than you may think through his connections.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Are you going to tell me he didn't want the job? He applied for the job knowing full well everything you stated. I am sure miller knowing all this said to the caps for me to come my salary has to be this minimium. If this were the case then again it comes down to the caps. I am pretty sure his wage request would be reasonable.

Again I see a blown opportunity by the caps to make progress here. That is my main point. It seems to me they went for a easy fix instead of looking at the big picture down the road.

parkhead

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Caps took Miller now, they would be hooped a few years down the road potentially if they went MLS because then they would need to choose between Miller and Yallop.

Caps in MLS = Yallop Whitecaps coach.

I think I just hit KNVB with a spitball to the back of his estonia.

ivar

Jul 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And soccer Canada does?

Exactly.. The entire country of Estonia has a population of about half that of the city of Vancouver and yet Estonia was ranked higher than Canada in FIFA rankings for several years. The Vancouver Sun has an article here with more details. It's sad to see people write him off before he's even settled.. besides.. it could be worse.. it could be Steve McClaren :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess my point is this...you can get mediocrity anywhere from all over the world. For any mediocre coach from most nations, this is a pretty good gig.

So, why not promote a local lad w/ good international and professional experience to do a job as well of better than a foreigner?

But, I digress. I'm just pissed Kenny Cormac didn't get the job.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts