Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Next England Boss

Who do you think will get the England Job?

• Fabio Capello

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Jose Mournho

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 'Big' Sam Allardyce

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Harry Redknapp

• Martin O'Neill

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Martin Jol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Shearer

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Steve Coppell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Hoddle

• Luis Felipe Scolari

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually feel bad for the fans of England. That board of old snot nosed bastards should have done everything in their power to lure Jose to Wembley! The problem they have with him are the exact things they need in the next manager (character and temperment). They don't want a manager that appears to control his own ship, they want to drive from the executive suites. Insted, they'll hire another puppet that will fail to achieve any sucess on the pitch (winning a trophy) and will get crucified in the media for not being the second coming of god.
Good luck to the poor bastard that gets that job! :rolleyes: Capello or Lippi will be a joke!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jose Mourinho was a terrible choice for England.

First off he might actual get them sorted which woould be absolutely hard to deal with. A england team that is playing well i mean.

The other is the fact that wherever he goes, he needs to be the main focus of attention. That would not work very well while running a national program as he would either be starting controversy in selections or spouting off to make sure his name was in the papers and out there for everyone to see.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze.

He may also command the respect of his players, peers and boss'. That just wouldn't work out! :rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually feel bad for the fans of England. That board of old snot nosed bastards should have done everything in their power to lure Jose to Wembley! The problem they have with him are the exact things they need in the next manager (character and temperment). They don't want a manager that appears to control his own ship, they want to drive from the executive suites. Insted, they'll hire another puppet that will fail to achieve any sucess on the pitch (winning a trophy) and will get crucified in the media for not being the second coming of god.
Good luck to the poor bastard that gets that job! :rolleyes: Capello or Lippi will be a joke!

Well if it's a puppet that the FA wants, perhaps they could lure Avram Grant out of Chelsea?

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
And so the English have finally decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I can't wait to see England eek out wins 1-0 and qualify on 0-0 ties just like Italy. Should be interesting to see what changes will be made to the lineup too. Bye bye Gerard and Lampard?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
I got a text from my friend in Glasgow telling me Capello was the new England boss.

Thanks for the heads up ......... I swear I read that on every football site at 7:00 am this morning ;)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And so the English have finally decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I can't wait to see England eek out wins 1-0 and qualify on 0-0 ties just like Italy. Should be interesting to see what changes will be made to the lineup too. Bye bye Gerard and Lampard?

Why axe them both? It's only a problem when they're on the pitch together. If he makes the tough choice and drops one I hope it's Lampard. Without international duty he'll be fresher for the Chelski games. :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm disappointed as well... the English national team has been on the upswing since '66 :rolleyes: ... look at it this way... at least Capello has agreed to take on at least one English coach.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's yer daddy!? Called it. But then it's no like it was a big surprise.

I wonder if the FA will keep their meddling mitts off the team this time around ?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0