Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of the greats, passes on...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actor Marlon Brando dies at age 80

One of the greatest actors of all time has died. Marlon Brando's attorney says the actor died Thursday in a Los Angeles hospital.
While he suffered from chronic heart problems in recent years, his lawyer, David Seeley, said the cause of death is not being released.
"He was a very private man," Seeley said, although The Associated Press later reported Brando died of lung failure. Plans for Brando's funeral have not been made public.
Considered to be one of the greatest actors of his generation, Brando was best known for his role as Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront and Don Vito Corleone The Godfather.
He won Oscars for both performances but refused to accept his second Oscar for The Godfather in protest of the U.S. government's treatment of American Indians. He sent Native American Sacheen Littlefeather to the awards ceremony to give his refusal speech, and she was booed off the stage.
CNN's Larry King was friends with the actor and conducted two memorable interviews with him. King said that despite the fact Brando was tired of acting near the end of his life he is credited with making profound changes to the craft.
"We'll never see his likes again. He changed American acting," King said. "He took what was Method and broadened it to such an extent that its now incorporated into all standard acting teaching."
A graduate of the famed Actors Studio in New York, Brando created a new style of natural performances that was often criticized for its mumbling, grungy attitudes.
But Brando's style electrified audiences and influenced some of the biggest actors of the next generation, including Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Jack Nicholson.
Brando shied away from the fame his acting brought. In his biography he said, " I don't think I ever liked being a movie star. No matter what I say or do, people mythologize me."
He was so uncomfortable with celebrity, Brando became somewhat of a recluse. Although he lived in Hollywood, he refused to be a part of it.
"Hollywood is ruled by fear and love of money," he told a reporter. "But it can't rule me because I'm not afraid of anything and I don't love money."
Although he was successful on stage, Brando endured his share of personal tragedy. His oldest son Christian was convicted of killing his sister Cheyenne's boyfriend in 1990.
Christian was released from prison in January 1996. His sister Cheyenne attempted suicide several times, and eventually died when she hanged herself in 1995.
King said Brando was broke by the time he died because he spent so much money on his son's legal bills.
Ironically, however, his signature is considered a valuable collectible. Many personal cheques he wrote were never cashed because his signature was usually worth more than the amount on the cheque.
Marlon Brando Jr. was born in Omaha, Nebraska on April 3, 1924. As a child he was called Bud to tell him apart from his father. His mother, Dorothy was a compassionate woman who underwent periods of problem drinking.
It was his mother who first introduced him to the theatre. She was a leader and occasional actress in the Omaha Community Playhouse.
Brando appeared in a number of plays, but broke through with his performance in Tennessee Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire in 1947.
The role made the young actor famous but in time Brando grew to despise the character.
"Kowalski was always right, and never afraid. He never wondered, he never doubted. His ego was very secure," Brando once told an interviewer. "He had the kind of brutal aggressiveness that I hate. I'm afraid of it. I detest the character."
Brando endured his two-year contract with Streetcar and after the role was up he never appeared in another play.
The godfather has finally passed on...

RIP :(

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very upset when I heard this news today.

We all know he did other work but was the greatest Godfather ever!

"We'll make him an offer he cant refuse"

RIP Capo

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the Godfather I last night! Had no idea he had passed away until now. :eek: He was brilliant. A sad day indeed.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anne Bancroft Dies at 71

Best known for her role as the seducing mother of Dustin Hoffman's girlfriend in the The Graduate.

Story.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just sit right back, little buddy.
Bob Denver, known to generations as TV's Gilligan, dead at 70

John Rogers
Canadian Press

September 7, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Bob Denver, the bumbling namesake of Gilligan's Island who embarked on what was supposed to be a three-hour tour and endeared himself to generations of TV fans, has died at age 70.

He died Friday at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital in North Carolina of complications from treatment he was receiving for cancer, his agent, Mike Eisenstadt, told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Denver, who for the last several years had lived in Princeton, W.Va., also underwent quadruple heart bypass surgery earlier this year.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rocky Mountain High and Thank God I'm a Country Boy were two of my favourite songs. I'm going to miss Bob Denver.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don Adams (Maxwell Smart)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Don Adams, the wry-voiced comedian who starred as the fumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart in the 1960s TV spoof of James Bond movies, "Get Smart," has died. He was 82.

Adams died of a lung infection late Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, his friend and former agent Bruce Tufeld said Monday, adding that the actor broke his hip a year ago and had been in ill health since.
A very funny man on a classic TV show! RIP Don

Attachments

• donadams.jpg
    donadams.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 127

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0