Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Party Zone

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got in late to the Heine house last night...lets just say that it was well worth my brother standing in the rainy line for 1 hour (then letting me in line:eek:)...

While Club I Champ and his boys continued to text me, I was assure I wasn't going to be let in...all of a sudden the line started to rush towards the building. Great atmosphere, great talent (men and women). The place doesn't look like the old arena of yesteryear...

All in all, CIC and 500 decided to 'jump' the fence and grace me with their presence...

I think my Caribbean Irish Canadian roots will happily trade in for a Dutch passport if I could get back into that place again.

Here's the dealio-I closed the place down with a guy who has been there 11 times (closed down the place every night).
The line ups are long, but the place isn't usually full. The DJ(s) playing there are magic...great night clubbing atmosphere...the cover band who play every night is fantastic...the bands and/or entertainers are the best of the best of Holland. The VERY talented bar tenders get up and dance their many routines, they are all cute in every way

Good times, and CIC got in too late to see it. But I'm sure like me, he's praying to the Dutch gods that the damn brown boots with your pants tucked into them fashion doesn't come to Canada...VERY gay, very lame, very European :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yeah, during the day the atmosphere is like this: direct Dutch coverage on the big screen...one tiny canadian tv coverage...the bands/djs don't start up until 6 or even 8pm...if you want the clubbing atmosphere, go early, but expect to stay late...

very loud, very good...

airport tight security...pack light:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outside of the Beer Houses, does anyone know where a good place to go with kids is?
I'd like to go on a week day, or a weekend, and just hang out for the day and see some stuff with the wee ones.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

My recommendation: pack the fam into the mini van, leave the house by 4:30 or 5:00 AM, and get through Squamish BEFORE 6:00 AM. This way you will miss the check-point (starts at 6:00). Drive to Whistler, and take a right at Whistler Way (last right BEFORE Village Gate). Stay left on Whistler Way, and pull into either the Hilton or Westin public parking garages. You'll spend something like $16.00 for a half day, I suppose double for the full day. Time your drive back so that you are approaching the check point AFTER 6:00 PM.

Honestly, even if it is pissing rain, it will be a day well spent. You and the kids can see so many different houses and Olympic features, and just kind of hang out amongst the vibe.

If you find you want to drop $500.00 and stay the night, there are still rooms available, too.

Google Image Result for http://www.metrotown.info/img--site/maps-bc-whistler/whistler-resort-c90-13cx7c.gif

Attachments

• Whistler 311.jpg
    Whistler 311.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Whistler 336.jpg
    Whistler 336.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Whistler 354.jpg
    Whistler 354.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 72

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More shots...this was at the Sky Bar at Monks. -5 deg C, and everything inside is ice. $20.00 to get in, includes one drink, $10.00 per drink after. A bit of a fleecing, but the drinks are damn good and they do get you where you need to be in a hurry!

Attachments

• Whistler 364.jpg
    Whistler 364.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Whistler 391.jpg
    Whistler 391.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Whistler 378.jpg
    Whistler 378.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 66

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

My buddy and I took our wives and young kids down yesterday and had a blast before the real crowds started congregating making it difficult to do much with small kids. (He has a 3 and 1 year old, we have a 3 year old and a 4 month old)

At King George skytrain at 8:00am, starbucks brekky on train
At Granville Skytrain at 8:50, jump in line for HBC Olympic Superstore (The Bay, only way in is off corner of Seymour and Georgia) In line for 1 hour or so.
After an hour wandering/shopping we took off up Granville and there is lots of cool stuff around to look at and good photo stuff for kids. We then headed up to Robson Square and the kids got a kick out of watching the people on the zip line from Courthouse to the Art Gallery. (Line up for that was 5+ hours :eek:) The Canada Pavillion is inside the Art Gallery. We then wandered around the Robson area for quite a while, then headed towards the Waterfront for a look at the Big Olympic Cauldrons and hanging out around the Media Centre... Pretty cool to see all the people lingering around to see who they could see and take photos with the Cauldron off in the background. We then headed over towards Yaletown and the LiveCity setups. Lots of free handouts (Vitamin Water, Coffee, Chai Tea, Excel Gum) from Sponsors. Took in the last half of the Swiss vs US Hockey game at the Livecity Downtown across the street from SharkClub on Georgia... We then jumped on Skytrain (surprisingly not busy at all to be heading east at 3:00 or so and just after the Swiss Us game let out) to be home for the Canada Norway game. Everything was free... and even though we didn't have passes to be anywhere in particular there was a shiteload of fun things to do/see etc.

For all the bad press we are taking about the weather and technical snafus, I think the city looks really good, and the Volunteers are doing an excellent job and I had one tourist from the states (Indiana I think) tell me on the skytrain that he is amazed with how nice and helpful and accommodating the locals are and that we are blessed to "Live in the most beautiful place on earth"

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats exactly our plan i think JBN. Thanks for that.

I think the wife and i might take in LiveCity Yaletown tomorrow night, and then head for Robson Square Friday or next Friday. Take our oldest out of school for the day and just waste the day away downtown.

Might even head over to one of the smaller venues on Saturday in Surrey and see the RCMP musical ride. Kids love seeing that, and it's free as well i think.

Cheers

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the stuff is free except the skate rentals at Surrey and Robson square being $3.00 or something.

Surrey's venue is closed Mondays and Tuesdays...

Also keep your eyes open for the Visa people at venues and at the bay, if you pay for food and souvenirs with your Visa you can take your card and receipt and get commemorative pin sets (kind of like the Expo 86 pins) (And based on what kind of VISA you have) that you can't buy anywhere... pretty cool stuff I was able to collect all day for my young daughters...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is still looking for rooms in whistler, head onto whister.com and go to accommodations, and search last minute deals or call the hotline, I just got a room friday night (the 26th) for $299 in the center of the village and its a king suite. So there are some good deals if you look for them. Dude was there anywhere specific that you went that you would recommend to see before its gone. That ice bar looked awesome too, have to check that out for sure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was hopping everywhere. I've been up for other festivals...Crankworks several years, X-Games, Ski & Snowboard fest...none compare to the vibe there now. Way lower douchbag quotient. Hot birds everywhere.

Depends too on what you are looking for. Plenty for everyone. I will say this: don't go to the Nix play at Lost Lake. The setting is cool, but it was effing odd.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the Heineken House last night, just as everyone say, was fantastic inside, almost dropped 200 for one of the sick jackets they were selling too. Around 6:30 I was able to get 3 people in with me using my citizenship, so if you have any annoying dutch people in your phone book, nows a great time to call them up. Def gonna try to hit that place up again.

Caught Hot Hot Heat tonight at the celebration site out in surrey. Pretty decent family orientated place, not much to do, a small skating rink, curling rink for kids to play on, big indoor beer garden.

Impressed with how well transit is working, and how organized everything is.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vip at molson hockey house was sick.... open bar from 2:30 pm.. Got brave , met lanny mcdonald,asked Kevin lowe if tambelini was moving back to port moody soon and stalked evanka osmak {--------- yum. ( i got bust taken pictures of her rump)

The food served up by wolfgang puck was exceptional....

felt sorry for the individuals who actually shelled out the 500 bucks for vip passes. because all the vip seats were reserved for corporates, leaving undesirable view area's for the game.....

If u want a good place to watch the game on sunday i recommend the molson house, how ever save your money and by the 100 general admission tickets... I believe the food is included in that price so i cant really justify spending an extra 400 bucks just for booze.... plus the general admission atmosphere was where its at

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bar None saw team USA members Patrick Kane, Ryan Malone and David Backes last night. They were going hard...So was I...next thing I know they're buying me shots and we're celebrating Russia's loss. Wild, wild night...

P.S. Patrick Kane is really short

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you get his shirt off and pants undone?

I think he answered that when he told us Patrick was really short

:wa:HA:wa:

Patrick kane can afford to buy shots but cant pay cab fare......:eek:

P.s. I hate Tiger WOODS

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha u muddafuggas...they were cool guys, just out for a good time. It was fun. They are scared of Canada though :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0