Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pat Quinn

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loved this guy, one of the greats that you always thought was honest and respectful both in hockey and life.

RIP Pat.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few years ago I was playing golf up at Nicklaus North. We got to a par three and there was a bit of a wait on the tee. Pat Quinn and his wife were part of the group waiting. There was also a Japanese couple that were part of a group that was causing the wait, along with another kind of very West-Sideish young couple. The West-Sideish guy asked Quinn, who at the time coached Team Canada, the Leafs etc, "what do you do for a living? " Quinn replied, "I coach hockey". The guy,oblivious to who he was talking to, said, "really, is there any money in that? I was going to put my son in hockey but it is too rough".

Quinn just looked at him,said nothing, and took a draw on his cigar.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few years ago I was playing golf up at Nicklaus North. We got to a par three and there was a bit of a wait on the tee. Pat Quinn and his wife were part of the group waiting. There was also a Japanese couple that were part of a group that was causing the wait, along with another kind of very West-Sideish young couple. The West-Sideish guy asked Quinn, who at the time coached Team Canada, the Leafs etc, "what do you do for a living? " Quinn replied, "I coach hockey". The guy,oblivious to who he was talking to, said, "really, is there any money in that? I was going to put my son in hockey but it is too rough".

Quinn just looked at him,said nothing, and took a draw on his cigar.

By West Sideish do you mean West Van'ish?

Quinn was a BEAUTY! RIP.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup the guy I was referring to was kind of portly, short and untanned, looked like an accountant or something and was being bossed around by his wife. Dark hair, receding a bit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend. When I was still at BCIT in 1994-5ish, when GM Place opened. I was hired as an usher. They were initiating us at the Queen E Theatre, and brought in Pat as a motivational speaker. The place went nuts for him, and his speach about personal excellence was, well, excellent.

Loved him, loved what he did for our city, and our country.

RIP Pat, you made an positive impact on me...and if there is internet in heaven, can you post to this thread and my Facebook account? Thanks in advance.

~Dude-whohatesitwhenpeopleposttothedeceased,especiallytheirdeaddogs.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts