Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PCSL 2010 Results and Banter

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL Premier Mens 2010

Okanagan Challenge
Vancouver Thunderbirds
Khalsa Sporting Club
Kamloops Excel SC
Victoria United
Athletic Club BC
*Victoria Highlanders
*Chilliwack FC

* new teams

Vancouver Whitecaps, FV Action and Surrey United asked to withdraw for this season.(with plans to return).

2 Major Clubs, 1 from the VMSL and 1 from the FVSL were at the meetings and asked to remain anonymous , but were in private meetings for enterance into the PCSL for the 2011 Season. (I recognized them and asked).

Discussions that caught my ear.
When 20 mens teams (10 Premier,10 Reserve(Div1)) are in the PCSL, a promotion/religation system will be put in place.

American teams still out due to the American Economy.

The Vancouver Thunderbirds will be the PCSLs representative for the 2010 Provincial Cup.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A results and banter thread title for a league that doesn't start for another 6 months or so?

Seriously?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse White Cap sides are young. They just can not do well in that League and it looks bad for them. Prospect team got beat 80% of times last year. Even FVSL Langley FC kicked the heck out of them in the cup this year. It was five zip could have been ten zip. Maybe if Caps use four over age players they might be five hundered side. Two new sides will come in next year from around here. That is a plus. You will see Azzies empire crambling in a short time. It will not take long before three or four sides from PCSL will be in Provincial cup.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack FC is not in premier men's division - only u21 and "academy" teams. Women have teams in premier, u21 and an academy team. The academy teams are u18/u19 playing tournaments during summer.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack FC is not in premier men's division - only u21 and "academy" teams. Women have teams in premier, u21 and an academy team. The academy teams are u18/u19 playing tournaments during summer.

Yes I see that. They must have pulled out as they were at the meeting and were on the website for a bit..That sucks

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats Ok bad news is always better than no news. See Ghouse aren't you happy now that you are staying in PCSL. Add four teams to PCSL and that is your BC premier soccer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stalion you are good. You just need better players with you. Club is going south. Game buildup is wrong. You attack with two third is a shot taker. With four attacker on a counter attack you give lots of space to opponant.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've just moved here from the UK, I'm 27 and was playing a good standard, semi-pro, in England, Playing in the FA Cup Preliminaries, FA Vase, etc..

Would PCSL be a good league to play in or am I better off waiting for the VMSL to start up again next season?

The League structures don't seem to be as abundant out here (obviously). Is the VMSL the highest amateur standard? I assume next step up in this area would be Whitecaps who are full-time I believe?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL is the highest amateur league that runs in the spring/summer months.

The VMSL and FVSL are the two leagues for amateur Senior Soccer throughout the season that mirrors the football season in England. The VMSL and FVSL have premier divisions, with teams in both leagues from either side of the River, the VMSL is overall a way stronger group of premier teams than the FVSL teams.

The Whitecaps are the local professional team, and yes are now full time. The team in between is the Victoria Highlanders on Vancouver Island, which play in the development league a rung below the Whitecaps.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mikey C nine PCSL is a League formed to be able to use the best players from both Fraser Valley and VMSL. If you come from England than Poco Rangers would be for you. They play English style of a game. In VMSL no side plays that type of soccer. They play ten tatch ball. You woud go mad making runs and not getting the pass. Slow skilled players play in VMSL. Fast strong ball movers play in Fraser Valley league. Local side in PCSl check out Khalsa.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts