Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PCSL Results 2003

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pinnacles 2 - Slurrey 1

And the Irish Rovers are singing "Wasn't that a Party, could have been the two, four, six packs, I don't know, but we lost to the Pinnacles agian. My head is like a football, I think I'm go'n die, tell me, me oh me oh my, we lost to the Pinnalces."

Originally posted by knvb
It also happens to be our winter teams round up party. Look out Penticton here I come again. I do expect a good result on the Saturday vs. the Pinnacles, from what I’ve heard the majority of our Kick and Run squad should be playing.

The boys must of hit the sauce a little early or Slurrey finally played a quality team after such an easy Cup run vs. such shocking teams.
Look for Slurrey to have its name at the bottom of the Table of the PCSL this year, not the Pinnacles.

Mabey a few of the boys should suite up today vs. Kelowna and try to get something besides a hang-over out of the trip.

HOS

The biggest shocker, knvb scored
:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scored twice, didn't I?

Thank God that complete and total debacle is over! As it turns out not as many of the guys turned up I was first told. In fact, only 5 including myself who arrived at the park about 30mins in. This weekend turned out to be a complete and total cluster fcuk of misinformation with, no shows, late phone calls, or complete disappearing acts. The Pinnacle game was 2-0 by the time I got there and from all reports, biased of course, we should have been up four instead of down two. Both goals coming from BAD, BAD give-always in bad spots from the some of our "less experienced players." I jumped right into the fire after a quick 30 second stretch and half a pint warm up. I would have finished my beer but I had to replace the 15 year old defender up front because he was hurting from the 20 mins he spent playing center mid. (I did say it was a debacle) My first touch was a flicked ball through to Blakeway and my second was a first time side foot volley into the top corner off the subsequent cross. Thanks for fcuking coming, plumbers. The second half the ball was pretty much being knocked around in the Pinnacles half with a load of sitters all being shanked or blocked in front of goal. Penticton could only manage to scramble away the odd counter attack for the entire 45. Whatever. Off to Night Moves.

If Surrey Untied and the Metro Ford golf tour weren't in Penticton and if Victoria who BTW, were slated to play the next day (bless them) weren't there this weekend there would have been a grand total of 8 people in N.M. Saturday night. Shoc-King. The bouncer even told us we should probably go up the street to some other bar where there were more people.

The Kelowna game the next day, was in even a worse fcuking state than the Penticton game. The afore mentioned 4 players had all decided to go home early after not sleeping and left the guys to fend for themselves. Cnuts. I was supposed to sit out because of a bad knock and sore groin (easy now...) from the night before. We had our Max. 8 allowable U-21 permit players all dress and start. I begrudgingly dressed as well and played the lone man up front in a perfectly executed 1-4-4-1 attacking style :rolleyes: formation. Lets just say Kelowna were one plonker away from being Penticton. We actually didn't play to bad to start off and in fact took the fcuking lead 15 mins in. I did what I do best and converted a good switched ball into a 1-on 4 for myself. :rolleyes: I managed one meg and rounded two others before hammering it through the keeper. Who by the way, must have just come from the Captain Shamrock school of hair design and Institute for the bind.

We limited the Challenge to to only a few break outs, but Geoff Eiobontie(sp?) (SFU Clan) did have to come up with a number of good saves early to keep us in it. Their first goal came off a free kick down by the corner flag which should have gone the other way in the last min of the half. I think our defender actually deflected it in because the guy was crossing the ball. I was finished and we subbed in our 20 year old back-up keeper to take over for me up-front and I'll be damned if he didn't slot the tying goal on a scramble in front of goal late in the second (I missed the go-ahead) Kind of takes away from my goal now though doesn't it?. :D The game ended 2-2, but the 9 young kids (aged 15 thru 20) that played on the day did a brilliant job defending and keeping the ball when we needed to. The lone bright spot of the weekend no doubt, that is if you don't count the chick with giant nuggets sitting in the obviously chilly part of the Apple Bowl.

I believe the guys if they fcuking show up, play Sensei and Team BC this weekend. I don't fully expect the same kind of roster debacle as this weekend, but I've been wrong before. Several times in fact.

Weekend stats 2 goals, 3 megs, one pulled groin, one bad knock, 13 Rye and coke and a partridge in a pear tree.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVA 2-1 Khalsa

On a ridiculously perfect night at Canada's Wembley both teams came out flat and the game was very poorly played by both sides... thankfully we ended up with the win. In fairness Khalsa were missing some key players that could have played crucial roles in their side, but on the otherhand Leechy Tactics made his 2003 PCSL debut. By no means was it a weak Khalsa side, we did well to come out on top. FVA got their two goals on two good efforts from Mark Heinhaus. Maybe these goals will finally get his name onto the PCSL top scorers. All in all, the season series seemed pretty fair. A win and a loss could easily have been two ties.

Next is a game of redemption against BC U18's after they shlacked us in the preseason.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 game reports

2-2 against Team BC

They are young and inexperienced, we were just bad. We gave away poor goals and squandered many chances. They took the game to us for the most part but couldnt seem to find the killer instinct to bury us.

3-1 Penticton

We were bad again, they are awful. Referree let us off the hook in what could have been a 1-1 tie with two penalties in the final ten minutes. One was deserved the other was less than questionable. The player taken down said after the game that it wasnt and that he had just lost his balance. Once again many missed oppertunities. Player of the game was Jacob Hanson our goalie. Made 2 huge saves late in the second half to keep us in the game, and allow us to get the win.

1-0 Okanagan Challenge

Once again finishing was a problem but they gave us a good game. The keeper made some good saves and we allowed them to play with us because we didnt finish them early.

All in all, two wins this weekend which is what we were looking for but it wasnt in the convincing fashion that we were hoping for. Next we are on to an exhibition against the FVSL Allstars on Thursday night on our glorious pitch.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

Surrey United 3-2 Penticton Pinnacles
Robert Wilson (2), Brian van Schagen for surrey and
Cam Willmots (2) for Penticton.

Victoria 1-1 Seattle Hibernian

New Westminster Khalsa 4-1 Okanagan Challenge
Darko Jelic, Lavy Mangat, Petar Sulentic, Joseph Marrello

Surrey United 3-1 Okanagan Challenge
Brian van Schagen, Ken Adloff, Justin Carvery (U-21 player :wa: )

Two wins for the Surrey boys. Good stuff, they're no longer cellar dwellers. Ankle how was the Challenge game? It went well obviously.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
khalsa'a weekend

4-1 vs Kelowna
We dominated them from beginning to end. Up 3-0 midway through the 1st half. Lax play allowed them to get one late in the second half, and we came back with the fourth.

2-0 vs Victoria
Impressive play and result. It was an entertaining game for the fans. A few victorians commented on how we play great soccer. We went to Victoria right after our Saturday game and stayed the night. Great night!!! Unbelievably, we came out like maniacs at the opening whistle, and besides a few 5min spurts of "kick and run" soccer and the last ten minutes of the game, we knocked the ball around nicely and attacked for the majority of the game. They managed to create a couple great chances, but Didar came up huge. Joe Marrello had an assist on the first goal, and scored a beauty with about 15 mins to go in the game. We out-chanced them, and out-played them. Great game all-around!...and a great party on the way back!!!

Next up...BC on Thurs at Queens Park

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Khalsa - Surrey Darby tonight at Cloverhoof if anyone is interested. I don't expect our Summer record versus them to be any better than the winter ( :rolleyes: ) , but I and a couple others will give it a go anyway.

Couldbeinforalongnight.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only Way is UP

Originally posted by knvb
I don't expect our Summer record versus them to be any better than the winter

You guys could try and score a goal, that would be a good start, and then build up from there.

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys could try and score a goal, that would be a good start, and then build up from there.
Done. :D

3-1 Khalsa.

They're really not a bad side at all. Khalsa regulars :rolleyes: Joe Morello(sp), Tom Babic and some fat lad with a really bad salad held up by rubber bands did the Khalsa scoring in a fairly good game. Khalsa did have a majority of the chances though, but a mix Surrey side held their own (for a while). HOS, it's amazing how confident they were with Didar in net. With you it was like playing Russian roulette with 6 bullets on pass back, but Didar had more touches in the first half than you did all year.

PNE was the man in the middle and did a solid job, but his poor linesmen on the right side had a stinker. Called back a goal and 6 breakaways. I felt for PNE when he was trying cover up for his assistant. I think someone even brought up rule #9. Shoc-king.

Mental note when playing Indo next year… NEVER try and chip a 6'9" goalie. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just Doing My Job

"HOS, it's amazing how confident they were with Didar in net."

Congrats on your first goal in 270 minutes of League play vs. Khalsa.
I just try to keep my back-line on their toes with the odd mis-kick and mis-played cross. It is surprising how sharp your defenders will be after that;)

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kennedy Cup.

Now you can add a very respectable 4th place finnish in a 4 team tourney to your resume as well. :D

Khalsa lost their first game to some Nike rah rah USA all-star squad. Apparently Joe Morello(sp) got a red and Dave or Matt Morry(sp) ended up with a nasty cut right across his eye and Tommy Babic received a concussion. Welcome to Portland boys. Khalsa then went on to lose to Seattle Hibs today, 2-1 on a late PK.

This of course, is all second hand information.

Surreywonit4yearsagoit'snotallit'scrackeduptobe. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On to the Challenge Cup

Mighy Khalsa is hosting the event at Queens Park on the weekend, they play Fraser Valley on Sat. Night. The game before them is Victoria vs. Seattle. Should be some good football to watch and the pitch is in great shape. The final goes Sunday at 3 pm at Queens Park.

Tough weekend for the team in Portland, they went down 2-nil early in the first game and then couldn't battle back to tie it up.
Of course they were out on the piss Saturday night, so the Sunday morning game at 10 am is tough.

How did Slurrey do this year knvb, in PCSL?

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll field this one for the Captain

Who gives a fcuk about the Provincials??? They're completely shite now... Players aren't as skilled and the Metro League isn't half as good as it was back in my day (30 years ago);)

GuinnessfillinginforCaptain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mighty Khalsa - 2003 Challenge Cup Champs

I read the final score was 5-1 vs. Victoria on Sunday, hey Ankle Breaker fill us in on the weekend games.

Way to bounce back after the tough weekend in Portland.

HOS

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 5 Victoria 1

HOS

On Saturday we beat AIA 4-3. We were up 3-nil at half and took our foot of the pedal and almost got killed as they tied it up. But Darko Jelic (our captain) who has been rock solid in the middle and a great leader scored the game winning goal...

Special mention should go to Randy Celebrini who had an awesome game

Saturday's scare was a good lesson for Khalsa. On Sunday Khalsa outplayed and dominated Victoria. We were up 4-0 at half and finished winning the game 5-1.

Tournament MVP was Tom Babic.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winter Signings

I hear all these croatian boys will be signing for winter ball too, now that Croatia is in div. 1 and no one on peg will pass randel the ball.

hos

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts