Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Playoffs Whitecaps vs Galaxy 20121101

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
here we go.....

Predictions?

Not many giving us a chance.

Wonder what squad Rennie will start with?

Were do for something good

3-2 caps in extra time!

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If LA plays like they did on the weekend vs Seattle, this one will be over after 30 minutes.

If the Caps score first, they have a chance.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If LA plays like they did on the weekend vs Seattle, this one will be over after 30 minutes.

If the Caps score first, they have a chance.

We need O'brien to be a stud on the back line. He has looked good the last few weeks. Robson needs to get in Becks and Landycakes face from the opening whistle..

Hoping to go into the half scoreless or up 1 nil.

Do u start Mattocks and have him running his bag off for the first 60-70 minutes and then bring in the experience of Miller?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shock the World and leave Mattocks on the bench until the second half of extra time if they can get it that far.

:)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were talking about our chances while having beer after indoor on tuesday and the way we figured it is if we score more goals then them we'll probably win otherwise we didn't like our chances.

I would go with Miller and Mattocks up top and have Richards play out wide but I think we will see Richards and Mattocks up top, lots of long balls and the have Miller come off the bench when we are down by two late in the game.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were talking about our chances while having beer after indoor on tuesday and the way we figured it is if we score more goals then them we'll probably win otherwise we didn't like our chances.

I would go with Miller and Mattocks up top and have Richards play out wide but I think we will see Richards and Mattocks up top, lots of long balls and the have Miller come off the bench when we are down by two late in the game.

Dickwarts,

i hope you are wrong but i have to admit that scenario has crossed my mind quite a bit actually

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expect the Caps to park the bus and try to hit LA on the counter... which means long balls over the top to Mattocks and Richards. If we score first we have every chance of winning. If not, we're in big big trouble.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harvey, Watson, and Thorrington are all in the starting XI.

This is not going to pretty!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far the backline is playing simple. They arent turning it over in silly places. Watson is owning the left side.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sayin we deserved to win but we didnt deserve to lose like that. poor sportsman ship but could u expect anything less from donovan?

miller is brutal... au revoir

off to landycakes twitter account i go.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far the backline is playing simple. They arent turning it over in silly places. Watson is owning the left side.

why was he subbed. Richards did zilch... watson accounted for 25% of our 30 % possesion

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach is full of Sh-t, as soon as he took out Mattacks LA went on all out attack. The PK givento LA is the reason Americans win. Refs give them gifts and it turns in to wins. Bojour did't foul the dog. He went down on his own.
Coach needs to go back to school of coaching on game tacticks. Maybe a motivator but tacticly way off. Miller is just not an MLS players. Few years back yea but as of this last year he just can not couter attack solo. In my opinion he might have played last game for Caps. Bojour needs to move or this coach will destroy him.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that was an exciting match despite it being highly disappointing.

Martin Rennie picked the only strategy that had a chance to beat the galaxy and they executed it reasonably well. His side gave up one legitimate goal and I begrudgingly blame Koffie for not getting out from behind Rochat when the ball went out wide.

Though the back line was organized and patient. Particularly in the first half they choose methods of clearing that maintained possession. Utah nailed it with Watson's performance. He was easily our most productive mid and despite being in front of Harvey the left side wasn't getting destroyed defensively.

Miller might well be the smartest player on the field and the constant battering of him is beyond me. He was BRUTAL when he arrived but he was apart of the two best chances in the second half and has demonstrated his ability. If Mattox could make the runs Miller does he wouldn't be in the MLS.

Robson disappointed today.

So who is retiring? Cannon, Thorrington, and Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0