Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pre-Game Tunes

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While many TTPers may have certain pre-game superstitions such as pre-game meals, they way they tape up their socks, tie their laces, warm-up, etc., I'm sure just as many have certain musical tastes associated with their pre-game music. Whether it's to get you pumped up or as a superstition, let it flow in this thread.

It begins:

I often find myself only changing music based on superstitions -- play well, and listen to the same on the way to the game next week. Play shitty, and there's a chance to try something new.

Years ago, it had to be anything Canadian. Then it had to be Crystal Method; then Prodigy; then Rage Against the Machine. Now I'm on to a great track from the Canucks' in-house-DJ: the U2 intro when the players step out onto the ice. I swear, when those air-horns start blaring, it really gets you going. Now I just need better speakers . . .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny you mention the Canucks' U2 intro as that's what Peg played in the dressing rooms before a couple of games in PEI.

Seems to work!

:D

Cheers,

~Regs.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without Bertrum in the change room anymore all we listen to is K.Rutledges mental comments and Millsy and Boldt telling everyone one to shut up and Fcuk off. :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto on the Canucks U2 intro! A few great one are Right Now by Van Halen and these from the Rocky 4 sountrack:

- No easy way out
- War
- Burning Heart

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's a change room? Usually as I'm walking up to the 'changing sideline' I am rapping to NWA's Straight Outta Compton 'cept I change the lyrics to Straight Outta Yaletown. If anyone 'gangsta-looking' walks by I clam up pretty quick though. I don't know what anyone else on my team listens to but I'm pretty sure it's probably along the lines of Cinderella's Final Countdown.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Driving to games I'm always playing Thunderstruck. Other favourites include Go For Soda, Eye of the Tiger and a personal favourite..... Oh Mickey You're so Fine, you're so fine you blow my mind..... Oh Mickey!!

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I don't know what anyone else on my team listens to but I'm pretty sure it's probably along the lines of Cinderella's Final Countdown.

Potatoe, it's actually Europe and The Final Countdown you Yaletown twat. :D You and your metrosexual dowtown poolhall antics disgust me. As for pre-game tunes, bertrum did well including tracks like Come Along by Salty Dog and Heavy Metal Love by Helix.

Cowtown

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have thought that Bertrum would have mentioned only drinking songs like "99 bottles of beer in the room and all for me".

HOS would be singing that fine old labour tune "Free, free beer for all the workers, the union makes us strong"

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like listening to The Cult's She Sells Sanctuary. Nice and loud. My kid's get psyched on that one too. I'm pretty sure I've blown their ear drums. Then after that one's done, I throw on The Proclaimer's I Would Walk 500 Miles, Opus' Life is Life, and finally Thunderstruck. Great mix.

Depends who you are playing. For example, when we play the Mighty Rangers, I make sure I throw on the Sesame Street Song. :rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0