Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier league cup

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With only nine teams there's not much to do with it. And by the looks of it, all but one team makes the next round. It's more games I guess. I like the fact we're playing it now though. It shakes things up during the dog days of the season.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure of the purpose behind playing a round robin grouping of games when 8 of the 9 teams make the knockout stage anyways? I guess it's more games, but I'd rather pick up some exhibitions with U16 boys teams or the Whitecaps prospects on free weekends than see a team 3 or 4 times in a few months if you combine league play.
But a bottom of the barrel team will now get 3 group games and at least a knockout round and a consolation game...so could realistically go 0-5 in cup play and that seems absurd.
I'd have preferred straight to a knockout round with no group play....last two teams just get a play-in game and have top 4 seeds in an 8 team draw...then a consolation round to ensure everyone gets at least 2 cup games. And I'd rather have just seen this format in March which would mean quarters/semis/finals over 3 or 4 weeks which would be a perfect amount of prep for provincial cup play in April. To play pointless groups games in Dec/Jan/Feb when it's below 0 or raining doesn't make for the best footie.
Oh well, as we were new this year, we didn't say much at the meeting but next year I guess we can make some suggestions....

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, Coq is on fire. Good on them, those pylons can sure play! Haha, had to get that in.
Would be nice if we ever get a cup game scheduled....some teams have 2 scheduled and we have none which makes it hard to plan a return to training in the new year if you don't know when you play next. :(
All the best to all MWSL/TTP'ers....the gooner is off to the land of aloha and 28 degree weather for the holidays!

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just browsed the cup results/standings. By my calculations using the rules that went out with the initial draw, I believe these will be the match-ups....I could be wrong, but I followed the league's spreadsheet placing the top 3 seeds (group winners) and then 4 through 8 in the deisgnated spots:

Top half
Coquitlam v Richmond
Surrey v Langley

Bottom half
North Shore v North Coquitlam
Burnaby v Westside

Richmond gets in due to the fact they scored a goal in round robin....they tied with White Rock on goal difference but WR didn't have a GF on record.
If I'm right, this would be an interesting draw with the top half containing the current league leader, defending BC champs, and BC finalists....I kind of hope this is the draw as we've had enough of Surrey for a while! :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing to say the least, FB. :D This must be the ONLY League Cup in the world where you can get thumped in succession and still progress. This just hasn't been our year in terms of getting consistent bodies to games.....Ah well, we might have something up our sleeve come cup time. :rolleyes:

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not just take the round robin winners from each group plus the next highest point total? That would be Coquitlam , Surrey , North Shore and Burnaby( by points ) Have the semi's and get on with the final. Do we need to draw it out further with the 8 teams as Gooner posted? Just my 2 cents.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not just take the round robin winners from each group plus the next highest point total? That would be Coquitlam , Surrey , North Shore and Burnaby( by points ) Have the semi's and get on with the final. Do we need to draw it out further with the 8 teams as Gooner posted? Just my 2 cents.......

Couldn't agree more, Knaacks. :) IT is ridiculous to have quarter finals when only 9 teams started. :D

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was close, had the pairings right....here's the real draw that goes Feb 26-28....

Top half
Coquitlam v Richmond
Burnaby v Westside

Bottom half
North Shore v North Coquitlam
Surrey v Langley

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars