Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ Good luck to Anfield if this comes to pass...And from Italians everywhere we say "Thank you Marcello for 2006. Now fcuk off...good riddance!"

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It goes from bad to worse for Liverpool ........ Benitez then Lippi ?? Ouch .......

On a positive note, Roy Hodgson has been linked with the Liverpool job and that would be Liverpool's best bit of business for years if that happens ......

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign Spain international David Silva from Valencia on a four-year contract.

Fcuk me !!! Another striker ???!!!! Mind you ...... he's a good one and should be interesting to see how he does in England.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
Manchester City have agreed a deal to sign Spain international David Silva from Valencia on a four-year contract.

Fcuk me !!! Another striker ???!!!! Mind you ...... he's a good one and should be interesting to see how he does in England.
Isn't silva a midfielder?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's played in both roles previously for Valencia but he may have to play in a midfield role for City. Not sure how they'll make everyone happy there as they have a wealth of midfield & attacking options.

Apparently, they're close to sealing the deal for Yaya Toure which also poses problems defensively for them. Will Lescott be left out or ??

I'm sure Kippax's head is spinning with all the possibilities :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great news for Liverpool ........

Soccernet.com said:
Liverpool have confirmed that Roy Hodgson is their new manager after agreeing a compensation deal with Fulham.

• Thompson backs Hodgson to succeed

Hodgson, 62, has signed a three-year contract at Anfield and will be officially unveiled to the media at a press conference on Thursday, having overseen the first day of pre-season training at Melwood.

The former Inter Milan and Switzerland boss had been heavily linked with the post since Rafael Benitez left the club for Inter last month and Liverpool finally got their man after agreeing a deal with the Cottagers for Hodgson to be released.

Hodgson impressed at Fulham last season - guiding the Cottagers to the Europa League final - and was voted Manager of the Year by the League Managers' Association for his efforts.

"This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club," Hodgson told Liverpool's official website.

"I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood."

Hodgson is likely to be joined at Anfield by his trusted assistant Mike Kelly, although Sammy Lee - brought in by Benitez because of his coaching credentials and links to the club's successful past - is expected to be given a role somewhere in the new set-up.

In a bid to stave off any future interest from England, it is reported that there has been no get-out clause included in Hodgson's contract should the national team job become available.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has praised the appointment of Hodgson and believes that the former Fulham boss is "the right man for the job".

"The club have made a good appointment in Roy Hodgson,'' Gerrard said. "Rafa left a few weeks ago and I know the club were determined to take their time and get the right man for the job.

"Roy is hugely experienced and I believe he is the right man for Liverpool. "I think it's been worth the wait and I'm sure he's just keen now to get on with it and start to quickly put in place his plans for the new season.''

Hodgson's assistant at Fulham, Ray Lewington, has been put in temporary charge of the Cottagers until a new manager is found.

A statement on Fulham's official website read: "Fulham confirm that at 9.20am this morning, Roy Hodgson resigned from his position of first team manager, effective immediately.

"The club would like to wish Roy the very best for the future and thanks him for all that was achieved during his tenure. Ray Lewington will take temporary charge of team matters, until a successor is announced in due course."

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccernet.com said:
Wesley Sneijder is a £25 million transfer target for Manchester United, according to widespread reports in the UK press. The Dutch playmaker's stunning form for club and country has alerted Sir Alex Ferguson, who is believed to be searching for a long-term successor to the 35-year-old Paul Scholes.

Ferguson insists that the majority of the £80 million acquired from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid last summer is available for new purchases and, given the 26-year-old's potentially high resale value, United's American owners are reportedly willing to splash the cash on one of the stars of the World Cup.

Sneijder, who was integral to Inter Milan's treble-winning season cost the Nerazzurri £20 million after being squeezed out at the Bernabeu following the signing of Kaka.

Ferguson has suggested he will make one quality signing this summer, although a stumbling block could be Ferguson's frayed relationship with his old Premier League foe Rafael Benitez, who is now at Inter.

£25 million for Sneijder ?? Jesus ........ go on Fergie, jump all over it. Sounds like a bargain to me .......

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? I would have figured Sneijder would fetch a lot more than that considering what the going rate out there was for the last big name transfers and considering his age.

With him also playing in an advanced position in the midfield, how would he and Rooney fit together? Rooney is always coming back fairly deep to get the ball etc...

Interesting... I thought Real was all over getting Rafa Van Der Vaart? I thought I saw that in the news a few weeks back, and 20 million quid sounds more like Van Der Vaart than Sneijder.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed ..... I thought Sneijder would command a far larger transfer fee. Thinking more like £35 - £40 million with his stature in the game right now ??

I think an attacking midfielder like Sneijder would be fantastic for Rooney and United. Personally, I think that's been the missing cog in the United wheel for a while now. A creative, dynamic centre midfielder would open up so many holes where Rooney can play in a far more advanced position. Michael Carrick can go back to training with the reserves then ;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Harry's too smart to take that plonker back .......... mind you, it'd be comical seeing Jenas & Carrick battle it out in training to see who can sit on the bench :D

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks - Forget it Benitez will do us no favours - suspect it is just agent talk coming off the back of a fine world cup - new contract/contract extension. Fancy Carrick to Villa though - Sidwell never did cut it - he is still paying a heavy price for taking money over playing time with his move to Chelsea. As for Hargreaves losing patience big time - fancied he would sit in the hole next season and allow us to get down the flanks - oh well. I still think Berb will head off to Germany and Fabiano will be brought in to help Rooney. Hernandez looks half decent but then again so did Gary Birtles...........final thought Toure 200k pounds a week - don't get me wrong the bloke can play but he is no world beater (pre world cup :) ala Messi/Ronaldo/Rooney) - like to see how Mancini fits De Jong, Viera, Barry, Toure into the two spots in the middle of the park - fcuk me who will get forward to support the front two???? I'm sure Kippax can explain.........................

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For djones and Ginger ........ new United kit unveiled at Old Trafford this morning. Home shirt looks like this :

Attachments

• Home Shirt.jpg
    Home Shirt.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 426

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That has an old school look too it. I actually kinda like it minus the united badge lol. I've seen a few kits I like this year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0