Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Persie to leave Arsenal ......... for the 'blue' pastures of City perhaps ??

Soccernet.com said:
Robin van Persie has revealed that he will not sign a new contract at Arsenal and expects to continue his football career away from Emirates Stadium.

Van Persie, 28, whose current contract with the Gunners is due to expire in 12 months' time, met with the club's hierarchy over an extension before Euro 2012, with talks subsequently postponed until after the Dutchman returned from his summer holidays.

The striker has had time to reflect on those talks - which he says did not centre on his own personal terms, but rather the direction the north London club is heading - and has now decided not to renew his contract, believing the club do not share his ambitions for the future.

"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the boss [Arsene Wenger] and Mr [Ivan] Gazidis after the season," said Van Persie in a statement. "This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward.

"I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.

"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last eight years. As soon as Mr Gazidis is back from his two-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

Van Persie was named the PFA footballer of the year for his performances last season, which saw him score 37 goals in all competitions for the club.

The striker has been linked with Manchester City, Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona since his contract situation became an issue.

Van Persie's exit would continue a worrying trend of Arsenal losing their best players - with Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri both leaving Arsenal last summer, after the club lost the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure 12 months prior.

The Gunners have already boosted their attacking options this summer - signing Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, in a bid to both improve the playing staff and convince Van Persie of the club's ambition. However, Wenger and Gazidis will now have to decide whether to allow Van Persie to leave for nothing next summer, or cash in on the Dutchman while they still can.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Premiership 2011/12

I reckon he wants Arsene and the board to spend money on proven talent and not just trying to develop top 'prospects' over and over. After eight years, he has put in his time, and the Arsenal faithful will surely appreciate all of his efforts, unless he goes to another Premiership team at which point, they'll all him JUDAS :D

In other news, Spurs signed Gylfi Sigurdsson...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I reckon he wants Arsene and the board to spend money on proven talent and not just trying to develop top 'prospects' over and over. After eight years, he has put in his time, and the Arsenal faithful will surely appreciate all of his efforts, unless he goes to another Premiership team at which point, they'll all him JUDAS :D

Agreed CIC ...... my issue with it though is this : If he's so enamored with the club, manager & supporters, why don't you do this in private ?? Now, your value goes down as everyone in Europe knows you'll be leaving. Arsenal will be lucky to get 25 million for him now I think.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

With the price being spent on players, we have all seen what one good year can get you. Look at Carrol for example, he scored no where near the goals RVP did and he was 35 million pounds on a trade. I see City spending big to get him and I don't think Arsenal will let him go for cheap.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's my point Cascade ...... everyone knows he's out the door at the end of next season. Teams could wait and offer RVP a huge wage packet and pay nothing for a transfer thus stitching Arsenal up.

Arsenal will have to make some money off him and sell him for whatever they can get ......

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think you're right here CIC, i'm not mad at RVP, i 100% back his decision. If he is telling the truth about money then he won't leave us for another Premiership side. Also according to Arsenals website, RVP will fulfill his contract, which we all know won't happen unless Arsenal do bad business and pass on the money that's gonna be offered now. I'm getting tired of reading on Arsenal's site about how good we are at business yet as fans we never see money spent wisely, with Podolski and Giroud coming in to obviously replace RVP, and yet neither has played in the premiership i would say that's bad business.

Frustrated :mad:

Could be worse, like being a Rangers fan.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or being Dutch fan. He and his mates S...the bed again in Euros with a talent laden team and now he runs off to Real/Inter/Hamburg/City/Barca etc because his team isn't going in the right direction/not being played in the right position/ doesn't like to fly/supermodel girlfriend doesn't like the city etc (choose one of the above).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adidas used to be cool for football/soccer.

But now, well, at least Katie Perry is all in :rolleyes:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's my point Cascade ...... everyone knows he's out the door at the end of next season. Teams could wait and offer RVP a huge wage packet and pay nothing for a transfer thus stitching Arsenal up.

Arsenal will have to make some money off him and sell him for whatever they can get ......

I don't follow that logic. Teams wanting RVP aren't going to all agree to not try and get him this year, instead waiting for next year in hopes he is still available. By announcing he is on the market, the bidding begins. And, I suspect someone with a Billion lying around will be the winning bidder, and it will be a big bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0