Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How fcuked are Spurs? Looks they will be starting this season without Bale after Charlie Adam Cnuted him again (twice now he's done him with bad tackles) as well as Parker and Modric.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I couldn't think of enough words to describe how betrayed i feel as a Gunner. But on the other hand Arsenal's board need to take a look at themselves, In two years we've sold Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas, Robin, and look set to lose Alex Song (Barcelona), with Theo also on the brink of leaving.

Ex players of ours on our rival clubs;
United-RVP
City- Nasri, Clichy, Kolo Toure, Stuart Taylor, and Yaya was once at Arsenal on trial.
Spurs- Gallas, Adebayor (if he left city, not sure)
Chelsea- Ashley Cole

WTF board, get your shite together.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't think of enough words to describe how betrayed i feel as a Gunner. But on the other hand Arsenal's board need to take a look at themselves, In two years we've sold Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas, Robin, and look set to lose Alex Song (Barcelona), with Theo also on the brink of leaving.

United-RVP
City- Nasri, Clichy, Kolo Toure, Stuart Taylor, and Yaya was once at Arsenal on trial.
Chelsea- Ashley Cole

Gallas to QPR is the rumour now. Does that count as a rival club? :p

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

United-RVP
Chelsea- Ashley Cole

Get your facts right, Stuart Taylor isn't with us anymore. As usual making shite up:)

And Yaya is a stretch

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Submissionblues10, the power shift form South to North has been happening for a short while now. No one really cares about fringe clubs like Arsenal any more. RVP is a star player that has made what can not be desribed other than a shear disregard of loyalty when it comes to changing clubs.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares about loyalty when you're in the world of winning. It sucks to see a player go from your favorite team but if you had the chance to go to a team with a massive trophy collection wouldn't you? Is the one Boateng brother a dick for playing for Germany because it gives him a better chance at a world or euro cup, or should he have stayed with Ghana. Some people will stay at an original club which is loyal and I can respect that, but you shouldn't give up the chance to win a major trophy, why do we play the game in the first place.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares about loyalty when you're in the world of winning. It sucks to see a player go from your favorite team but if you had the chance to go to a team with a massive trophy collection wouldn't you? Is the one Boateng brother a dick for playing for Germany because it gives him a better chance at a world or euro cup, or should he have stayed with Ghana. Some people will stay at an original club which is loyal and I can respect that, but you shouldn't give up the chance to win a major trophy, why do we play the game in the first place.

Cascades, if it's all about winning then why was he even playing at Arsenal in the first place? He will be remembered more for his defection rather than any trophies that he stands to win at Manchester.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say KP Boateng is the Dick- Not his Brother. Both were born raised and developed in Germany by German clubs. KP wasn't going to crack Zee German lineup, got impatient waiting to become an International Player and will now never have a sniff at winning a World Cup and not ever play in a Euro Championship.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascades, if it's all about winning then why was he even playing at Arsenal in the first place? He will be remembered more for his defection rather than any trophies that he stands to win at Manchester.

RVP played for Feynoord 2001-2004, not exactly a "world" name in soccer. They won a UEFA Cup 2001-2002 and were runners up in the UEFA Super Cup in 2002. While he was at Feynoord, Arsenal won 2 League Titles 2002-2003, 2003-2004, also in 04 they went undefeated. 2 FA Cups, back to back (2002,2003) 2 Community Shields 2002 and 2004. The undefeated team, had Henry, Berkamp, Campbell, Cole, Ljundberg, Fabregas, why would you not leave Feynoord for Arsenal?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...especially so he could be remembered more for his defection from Feyenoord rather than any trophies that he stood to win at Arsenal.:p

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
RVP played for Feynoord 2001-2004, not exactly a "world" name in soccer. They won a UEFA Cup 2001-2002 and were runners up in the UEFA Super Cup in 2002. While he was at Feynoord, Arsenal won 2 League Titles 2002-2003, 2003-2004, also in 04 they went undefeated. 2 FA Cups, back to back (2002,2003) 2 Community Shields 2002 and 2004. The undefeated team, had Henry, Berkamp, Campbell, Cole, Ljundberg, Fabregas, why would you not leave Feynoord for Arsenal?

Win trophies? United have an abundance of older players, Evra 31, Ferdinand 33, Vidic 30, Scholes 37, Giggs 38, and what youth coming through? Trophies are going to Chelsea or City next season with or without Van Persie. Not to mention you got snubbed by almost every player you tried to buy this summer, the only reason RVP went was for money, and even City weren't willing to match his wage demands that United offered. If he gets injured right away which isn't an unlikely prospect then what a waste of money.

Minute 1:40.. Doesn't mention United in his "dream".

View attachment 9024

Congrats RVP you're now even more richer than you were before.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your facts right, Stuart Taylor isn't with us anymore. As usual making shite up:)

And Yaya is a stretch

Not that Taylor bothered me i was just making an example and fine even without yaya or him, it still sucks to be a gunner and see those guys leave for clubs that are supposed to rival us.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Win trophies? United have an abundance of older players, Evra 31, Ferdinand 33, Vidic 30, Scholes 37, Giggs 38, and what youth coming through?

How old do you think United is?

No youth coming through? Really? None? Jones (20), Welback (21), Smalling (22), Di Silva's (22), and Cleaverly (23). You also have DeGea (21) and Kagawa (23). Then you have Hernandez (24), Anderson (24), Evans (24), Nani (25) etc...

You have to remember, Rooney's only 26.

The team is not as old as you think.

No doubt, we have some of the oldest players in the league in our line-up and we did rely too heavily on them last year due to injuries (and still finished second on goal difference) but to say no youth is coming through is a bit of an exaggeration.

I totally understand you feeling that City or Chelsea are gonna win some trophies this year but I don't see THEIR youth coming through as much as I see United's.

Besides, with a healthy backline and midfield, two matured goalkeepers and RVP up front makes us MUCH better than we were last year. Then again, we will have to be if we want to win any one of the 3 trophies up for grabs.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How old do you think United is?

No youth coming through? Really? None? Jones (20), Welback (21), Smalling (22), Di Silva's (22), and Cleaverly (23). You also have DeGea (21) and Kagawa (23). Then you have Hernandez (24), Anderson (24), Evans (24), Nani (25) etc...

I'm just being bitter, i know United have youth. I'm just trying to understand his decision other than money. I think had he of decided to stay then Arsenal would of been able to challenge with City, United, and Chelsea after the 3 signings we made this summer, it just doesn't make sense for him to betray Arsenal.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just being bitter, i know United have youth. I'm just trying to understand his decision other than money. I think had he of decided to stay then Arsenal would of been able to challenge with City, United, and Chelsea after the 3 signings we made this summer, it just doesn't make sense for him to betray Arsenal.

Understood. Don't blame you, really!

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betray is a strong word. He's a pro athlete. It's a business. Ffs, he's a business.

In my mind, whatever word you use, be it betrayal, selfishness or disrespectful, but that is how I view RVP. Big players simply don't move from one big club to another in the same league. Not a blanket statement, big players, big clubs. Bitter rivals, bitter enemies.

Not ashamed to admit that someone 10+ years my junior is a hero of mine. Love Gerrard, and he will go down as a legend at Anfield, but if he would have left for Chelsea 3-4 years back, and he was very close, he would have been dead to me.

I get this is business, huge business. But I wish players such as RVP when they choose to move on, which is his right, have more respect for the fans that live and die by their performances week in and week out. If he wanted trophies, he should have hit the continent at a club which fit his own ambition, or buckled down and commited his future to Arsenal. As much as I wish Mascherano and Alonso were still at Anfield, I am still big fans of these guys and follow their careers, but Torres can rot for all I care.

One passionate fans opinion.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lfc3, don't you think some of the blame has to go to the selling club as well? They should refuse to sell to their rivals!

I'm pretty sure ManU did that with Heinze a few years back when Liverpool were bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts