Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real Madrid / Liverpool in Seattle?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beckham up next? Liverpool-Real Madrid visit rumored in works

By DAN RALEY, MOLLY YANITY AND ANGELO BRUSCUS
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERS

David Beckham didn't make it to Seattle this time, but the most globally recognized name in soccer might have his talents on display at Seahawks Stadium in 2004.

Last night's Manchester United-Celtic exhibition match was such a popular venture, with most of the 67,000 seats sold over three days, that efforts are under way to bring Real Madrid and Liverpool to the city next summer, according to a source close to the negotiations and wishing to remain unidentified.

The match would need to be played on a date that doesn't conflict with the Mariners home schedule.

When Manchester United agreed to add Seattle as a fourth match on its current North American tour, Beckham was the British soccer club's marquee player. However, on June 18, Beckham was sold to Real Madrid for $41.3 million, a deal apparently too good to pass up.
I'm not too sure that this game would be as "successful"... Wouldn't Beckham be involved in the Euro 2004 championships? Even if the game were to be played after the Euros, some players would probably be resting with the domestic leagues starting soon afterwards.

Regardless, it would be magic to see at least some of the Real stars, even if they were on the bench.

~Regs.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

That sounds like it has potential.

Fcuk me...I'm so tired of the Beckham thing...totally overdone and nauseating!

Daz:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0