Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Report: Ibrahimovic applies for U.S. visa, fuels speculation of future MLS move

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report: Ibrahimovic applies for U.S. visa, fuels speculation of future MLS move

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not hidden the fact that he would consider a move to Major League Soccer in the twilight of his career, and now it seems he has taken a big step towards making that a reality.

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reports the Paris Saint-Germain striker, 33, visited the American embassy in Paris last month to apply for a long-term U.S. visa. Naturally, this has fueled speculation that the giant Swede is eyeing a move to North America.

Ibrahimovic, the centerpiece of Paris Saint-Germain's transformation into one of Europe's top clubs, signed a one-year contract extension with the Ligue 1 side two years ago, taking him through the 2016 season.

His openness with regards to a potential MLS move is no secret, as Ibrahimovic has stated in the past that discussions with close friend Thierry Henry - who starred with the New York Red Bulls prior to his recent retirement - have peaked his interest.

"I will really think about it, I find the American challenge really interesting, because my friend Thierry Henry plays there and he's fantastic there.

"He says good things about the MLS, so that could be interesting if the opportunity comes up again in two or three years," Ibrahimovic said last summer.

Copyright © 2015 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Continue reading...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0