Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Ole Qvist

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having grown up outside the lower mainland I never really knew of Ole's playing days until running in to him at the Nation's cup a couple years back. It seemed like everyone we talked to had a story about their epic playing days together.

He was my first coach when I joined City FC.
He was in his 50s back then but still fit enough to run with us late-teen to early 20 year olds! He helped a few kids get soccer scholarships as well. He was never shy with what he had to say and demanded respect but he also had a great sense of humour!

Rest in peace coach.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ole was my first coach as I got the first Westide U21 team started. He was awesome, great touch and insisted in the full passing game. He played with us as our one "senior" player. But, he would kill me as he would be inside 18 and still be passing away, though I knew he could easily pick a corner and score. He wanted us to do it. He was a wonderful guy. Bumping into him, he would say, "Heyyy Bill fuccckkk ehh? - how's it going?" I ran into him about 7 years ago on the ferry to Pender. I pulled out my video camera and got him to tell a funny story about Trigger's brother. I will figure out how to put it on Youtube.

RIP, Ole - you were a very good man.

Last edited:

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I edited a video I created in 2011 down to just the Ole part.

Thanks for this! Brought back a lot of good memories. Especially our keeper Fulber who would do spot on Ole impersonations at get togethers. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0