Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Boston vs. New Jersey.

How will this series pan out?

• Boston in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Jersey in four.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Boston in five.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Jersey in five.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Boston in six.

• New Jersey in six.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Boston in seven.

• New Jersey in seven.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will this series pan out?

All articles and discussion can be posted here.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly my Bruins will be crushed. Total mismatch, Brodeur alone will win this series. There is always next year for the big bad Bruins. I guess it could be worse, could be a hapless Habs fan.

Parkhead

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap, Parkhead why don't you just end it all now? You know if you are going to commit suicide perhaps you could suicide bomb the St. Louis Blues and make it worth while for the rest of us. The Bruins can do it! Samsonov is back and Thornton is a monster. C'mon man buck the fcuk up. Bru-ins Bru-ins Bru-ins

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish I was as optomistic Dap!! But simply put the Bruins have nobody to stop the puck. I will be pulling for them but I just don't see it happening.

Parkhead

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devil inside

Easy pick.

New Jersey in 5

Boston will have to have 1 hot game at home.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead, you have to believe ,man. Sometimes things seem so unlikely that people give up without even trying. Like with Knvb and getting laid. But what these people forget about is the power of intention. If you concentrate hard enough you can will things to happen. Let me give you an example.

My roommates dog lives a happy but somewhat boring existence, missing out on many enjoyable experiences that we humans take for granted. for him there are no pleasures of the flesh (his nuts having been hacked off as a puppy). there is no draining of pints, no joking of smoints, no trying to date four girls simultaneously. There is no betting, no fighting, no breaking the law. There is only one vice he might sometimes enjoy. Food. Human food. Fruit, veggies, meat it matters not. All that matters is humans get it and he doesn't. A few days ago I peeled the last remaining banana in the house. With the peel and banana in one hand and a glass of juice in the other I was faced with a dilemma when trying to open the garbage can and throw said peel away. I went about trying to transfer the banana to the drink-filled hand in order to make things easier. I should have known the dog was there. Eighty pounds of Pitbull/Rottweiller crossed foodhound. I should have known he'd be on my heels stalking me like a horny 40-year old cougar after a frat boy. I should also have known he'd be there focusing all of his damn Doggy Power of Intention (DPI) on one single thought, one single event. Bobble hands. As I began to grab the banana with my already full mitt, it happened. With his DPI at full strength, I had a spastic twitch and lost the handle. I was bobbling the fcuking banana! In that instant there were only two thoughts. Mine:"Oh fcuk, bobble hands! Nooooo!" and his: "Oh yes, fcuking bobble hands! Yeeeees!". The banana, naked and glistening, fell. It seemed like slow-motion as I reached for groundward trying to catch the nanner before it hit the floor. It was then I saw him. His thick cranium, toothy, sharklike mouth and usually beady but now saucerwide eyes lunging between my legs and snatching the fruit out of the air before it landed. He was off and running for the end zone. Touchdown foodhound!

Spud: "Fcuking son-of-a-bitch cnut asshole fcuking fcuk!"
Roommate: "Dude, what happened?"
Spud: "Ah, the freaking dog willed bobble hands on me and stole my banana"
Roommate: "Hehe. Man, he's getting good at that"

So you see Parkhead. You just gotta believe.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great post Dap,

Now that I have read the story and fully see the capabilities of DPI I must admit I am starting to believe the Bruins will win the whole damn cup. :eek:

Back on the Bandwagon, riding shotgun beside Dapo with Thornton and Murray supplying the go go juice.;)

Parkhead

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that's more like it, Parkhead. I don't want to say much more and risk jinxing the boys in black and gold but I will say that the Devils will get more than they bargained for. They (hockey nerds) talk about Madden shadowing Thornton but if the bears from Beantown can neutralize Elias the Devils will be in trouble. Game on tonight, TSN 4:00pm. Let's go Bru-ins.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spud,

Think you can get foodhound to help out us long suffering Canucks fans? Go and get yourself a St. Louis jersey (go ahead...it's only money), glue, tape, or somehow attach a glistening banana to it, and put it within view, but out of reach of the dog. Hopefully he's give those high scorring Blues Bobblehands.

I know TheRob...off topic.

Just trying to help,

Dude. :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langenbrunner: Irate Germadian Guy.

Bruins stuck in first: Devils ride Langenbrunner, Brodeur to Game 1 victory.

by Stephen Harris
Thursday, April 10, 2003

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The Bruins did most of what they hoped to do in the opener of their first-round series against the Devils last night. The effort, however, didn't produce a win.

The problem for the B's was the game also went just about as the Devils hoped and expected, which meant they got a rock-solid performance from goaltender Martin Brodeur and just enough offense - two goals from Jamie Langenbrunner - to eke out a 2-1 victory.

``I think the way they played was pretty much exactly the way we expected them to play,'' said Bruins defenseman Ian Moran.

Only blueliner Bryan Berard - with a sizzling third-period wrist shot from the slot on a play that should have been blown dead for an offside call on the Bruins - could put a puck past Brodeur. The B's carried play much of the night, especially in the third period, and had a slew of near misses against Brodeur, the Devils' Hart Trophy candidate.

``He's pretty tough to fluster,'' B's center Brian Rolston said of Brodeur, who stopped 26 shots. ``We had opportunities and took the play to them down low.''

Of course, near-misses and fruitless efforts don't mean much in the playoffs. And if the B's hope to knot the best-of-seven series in Game 2 tomorrow night back at the Continental Airlines Arena, they have to find a way to solve Brodeur - and they have to eliminate the sort of mistakes that led to the New Jersey goals.

``We had a couple of mistakes that cost us,'' said Berard. ``But I think overall we had a pretty good effort.''

Steve Shields matched Brodeur's 26 saves in the Bruins end, and could not be faulted on either of Langenbrunner's goals.

On the first Devils goal, Jeff Freisen skated around B's defenseman Nick Boynton on the right wing for an in-close forehander that Shields blocked. Langenbrunner beat a couple of Bruins to the goalmouth and knocked in the rebound at 15:35 of the opening period. On the second New Jersey score, B's forward Michal Grosek tracked down a loose puck in the right corner and sent an ill-advised pass toward the center of the ice that was deflected by Devils center Joe Nieuwendyk. The puck bounced perfectly to Langenbrunner, who didn't miss, zipping a forehander past Shields' glove at 11:38 of the second.

``We played well, but obviously they were two costly mistakes,'' the B's Martin Lapointe said. ``It's only one game. I think we can beat this team. If we don't give them the two mistakes, we're in good shape.''

Despite the Devils' daunting record this year when leading after two periods - 35-0-5-1 - the Bruins were in good shape after Berard's goal cut the New Jersey lead in half at 3:29 of the third. The B's pressed and pressed, but could take the game to overtime.

``I thought they did fluster a little bit,'' said Rolston.

But the Devils, as they so often do, successfully protected their slim lead.

``I thought it was a well-played game on both sides,'' said B's acting coach Mike O'Connell. ``It was an evenly played game. They just got the better of us. I thought Shields played well and the team played well in front of him. We made a couple of mistakes and, as usual, New Jersey took advantage. I thought we had enough (offensive chances).''

Indeed, the B's came close several times.

One Jozef Stumpel wrister from the slot broke through Brodeur and was rolling toward the net when the goalie lunged back to stop it. A Rob Zamuner bid from the right circle pinged the near post. On a clear 2-on-1 Stumpel rebound, New Jersey defenseman Scott Stevens stepped in the way an instant before Glen Murray could deposit the puck in an open net.

All in all it was a frustrating - yet encouraging - night for the Bruins. And nothing about it was the least bit unexpected.
They actually call them the B's in Boston? How gay is that?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boston is the only lower-ranked team not to win their opening playoff game. Still, there were postives. Like the fact they didn't lose six-donut:rolleyes: Dignity is still intact. Now they just have to score the first goal or suffer the confines of the left-wing lock. New Jersey bastards. Had a good laugh last year watching the Hurricanes beat the Devils in six games and only scoring nine goals in doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0