Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Dallas vs. Edmonton.

How will this series pan out?

• Dallas in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edmonton in four.

• Dallas in five.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Edmonton in five.

• Dallas in six.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Edmonton in six.

• Dallas in seven.

• Edmonton in seven.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How will this series pan out?

All articles and discussion can be posted here.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do I hate more?

I don't really like either of these teams but I prefer Edmonton slightly more. Unfortunately it will be Dallas in 6

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
These two teams seem to meet every year in the first round, and it could go either way.
I say Big Upset in Big D. But the winner comes out with the Big Hurt:(

HOS

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This series is going to be war. The two teams do not like each other, and have met every year since 1997 ( except last year when neither made the dance). Edmonton is a lot bigger than previous years, but has less skill. Dallas will miss Guerin and Turgeon. Grant Marshall was always a pain in the ass in the playoffs, and hes not there either. Dallas is favored, but the Oil will go down fighting, and the Stars will be neat up at the end of it. Just glad its on opposite days to the canuckleheads.:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Good job by the mighty Oil.

Derian Hatcher re-affirms his standing as the cheapest cnut this side of Toronto. Hopefully, he'll get some type of suspension for blatant headhunting - I can't believe the bastard was actually complaining that there was a penalty on the play. Staios is lucky he came out with a bloody upper lip and nothing more.

Oil steal home ice advantage.....long series still, though.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

I totally agree......he did the same thing to Nazzy a couple of weeks ago, when Linden took that penalty in the last 5 minutes.

Sandman

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a pussy!!!

Just saw the Hatcher CHEAP shot on Staios what cheap fukcing Cnut!!!!

TURCO BLOWS!

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Game,

Wish I could have watched more than the last five minutes of it. Instead CBC forced me to watch the fcuking leafs game. Guess Im going out to watch the next one. Hatcher is a cnut, no question, and I hope he gets at least a game for that shite.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another good performance from the Oil, coming back from 1-0 and 2-1 in the 3rd period to eek out a win, and take the series lead.

From what I've seen in the close battles (throw away the game two blowout), Turco has been very average when it comes to making key saves in tight games and pressure situations. Dvorak's game-winner was a nice goal, but the Laraque half-wrap and Pisani wrist-shot were not things of beauty. I'd say Turco has been less than stellar when his team needs him to provide clutch playoff goaltending - which is not all that surprising given his complete lack of postseason experience.

Skyreach was just about as vibrant as GM place was last night. You could feel the momentum shift as soon as Laraque broke through the two-period wall Turco had set up. Methinks the Oil can smell blood now, being at home and up two games to one; if they can win the next home game they'll be one away from the second-round. It will be interesting to see if Dallas tries to push Guerin back into action early if they face the brink of elimination anytime soon.

Good series.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The stars sure miss Hatcher and I agree, Turco has looked very average so far. He has made some great saves, but a few of the goals havent been very pretty. Hope he keeps it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0