Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roxy Turns 20 Year Old ...........

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The legendary Roxy turns 20 today. Has any other bar/club in Vancouver been so successful in the last 20 years? Has anybody ever had a good time at the Roxy? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Or is a better question ............ has anybody over the years had a bad time at the Roxy?:D:D I've had a bad drink once (had a headache the next day), but always seems to be a place for a good night out downtown. It is a place that draws children of all ages, which gives one a better menu to order from.

HOS, have you ever been to the Roxy???

JAGS

Maradona

Aug 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The legendary Roxy turns 20 today. Has any other bar/club in Vancouver been so successful in the last 20 years? Has anybody ever had a good time at the Roxy? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Or is a better question ............ has anybody over the years had a bad time at the Roxy?:D:D I've had a bad drink once (had a headache the next day), but always seems to be a place for a good night out downtown. It is a place that draws children of all ages, which gives one a better menu to order from.

JAGS

Shagged many a lass out of there, not like surrey hose or hos. Quality not quantity. Kind of like the Allblacks lineup.:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
20 years and not dollar 1 has been spent on renovations. that is quite a business.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite true, the layout has changed at least once within the last 10 years or so I think.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shitt, I still remember going to the 10th B-day back in 98, that was fun, they had the theater beside the Roxy full of people and Nearly Neal on stage.

Been many of a fun moment there, one of the best was getting on stage with the Lions and the Grey Cup in 94 after Lou kicked the winner vs. Baltimore. How many Sunday nights in the back?
Too many.

hos

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday nights usually had the Surreal Mccoys playing .....if memory serve's me right
Dawn "the ODDS" Patrol were pretty cool as well ...

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realize it has been 20 years and more than a few brain cells, but didn't they also have a band there called "The Rage" or something like that?

Off to my Gino and Pavel reunion. Some magical moments watching Pavel and the entourage at the Roxy. Valky was a player too. :eek:

When do we start the Kits' Pub New West thread? Followed by Mardi Gras, Casablancas, Hawaiian Village, etc.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hawaiian Village...:D

"Who ordered the Puu Puu Platter?"

Has any other bar/club in Vancouver been so successful in the last 20 years?

Umm, possibly the Commodore (when it wasn't shut down/being reno'd/in receivership)? Or does that even count?

Do Dr. Strangelove still put in appearances at the Roxy? It's been so long since I've been allowed to go anywhere that I've lost count...

Felis NonDomesticatus,

Trece

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Dude that played Colossus in the X-men films was the door man there. he nearly ended my life one drunken night lol

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes the flips for doctors, but I think darko and johnny p. in their younger years may have got me too with good old Sashay, I think he is still the bartender back there now, not sure how he does it, but he is still going.
Long live the Rocko.
hos

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts