Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roy Jones Jr. vs Antonio Tarver

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as per Kevin Hector's request;
the fight between these two on saturday night was an absolute embarrasment to the legacy that Jones could have left. Jones simply wanted to dance around rather than fight. when he wanted to, he hit Tarver at will but rather than follow up with the fantastic flurries that made him the fighter we all love(d), he would step back and either stick his tongue out, give a huge grin, do the Ali shuffle, the harlem shiver, or put his hands behind his back in an attempt to mock Tarver. well needless to say, he did not succeed. Tarver and Jones went the 12 round distance, with Tarver winning in a unanimous decission. this was one of the worst boxing displays i have ever seen, and i'm glad i didn't have to waste money on a PPV. in a post fight interview Jones stated that he would continue to fight saying, "why wouldn't i continue to fight? Tarver is the only one who's ever been able to defeat me.". obviously he was either beaten too badly, or is getting too old to remember that other guy who knocked him out. can anyone name that fighter? did anyone else witness this.....er.....fight? what are your thoughts? i think Jones should cut his losses and retire already. even Evander Hollyfield was quoted after Jones' most recent loss saying that he should retire. you know you should hang em up when........

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
beaten too badly, or is getting too old to remember that other guy who knocked him out. can anyone name that fighter? .

Glen Johnson, slow and predictable puncher. Still can't believe he lost to this guy buy VERY glad he did. Maybe now Jones and Holyfield can fight in a "loser retires match".

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
holyfield is done. at least in north america, as nowhere will sanction him anymore. GJ is the correct boxer to KO Jones......i think in the second.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0