Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Sapperton at Nationals 2018

BC Teams @ Nationals

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much margin for error in a tough tournament. Have to top the pool to play for gold and Group A is definitely the tougher of the two pools you would say on the face of them. Saskatchewan is not usually the best, but they are rarely the worst; interesting that it is not Huskies Alumni representing the Province. Based on their crest, looks like possibly a brand new team founded this season which might make them a little out of their depth, but they may also be a band of all stars. Opening with the hosts is never easy as you know they will be charged up for that game.

Thanks to Calgary's dismal showing at Newton last season, they landed Alberta in this side of the draw. I would not expect Edmonton Scottish, who are representing that Province to be nearly as accommodating; especially given that last time they were here, in 2016, they won the tournament. Speaking of past Champions, defending Champs Western Halifax from Nova Scotia are also in the A pool. That really just leaves New Brunswick and the Fredricton Picaroons Reds who were also at Newton last season as soft tosses on the A side.

The order of the games can either help or hurt Rovers, depending on how you look at it. The toughest day to play Saskatchewan will be day one, then they play Alberta before their off day. Assuming they are still in the hunt, that sets up a massive show down with Halifax on Saturday which, I guess the schedule does allow them to go into rested, while Nova Scotia will be coming off a game against Alberta on Friday. After that one Soolsma and Co. should know exactly where they stand and with only New Brunswick left, it figures that, if they are in with a chance, they should be able to rest some bodies ahead of the final.

In the B Pool, Winnipeg Lions return to represent Manitoba after their silver medal performance last season. Also returning are Holy Cross from Newfoundland who are not likely to pose a threat. Nor are Yellowknife YK Galaxy FC who are in representing the Northwest Territories ahead of the Yukon. Honestly, having watched Manitoba last season, I would be surprised to see them in the final again this year. Ontario and Quebec both have new representatives and I would expect one of those two in the final, but hey, you never know.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Live stream will be on gents.

We are ready a little worried about the grass and weather but the boys are focussed. We need to take it home so regs stops reminding me his team was the last to win it 14 years ago.

Crazy how many we’ll wishes from everyone including rivals, really appreciate it.

Cheers

Lads

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bullshit, I hope you lose because you knocked off Langley.

:D

Above, I love you so much I deployed my first emoji in years.

Best of luck, bring it home for BC. Really, I just want to see @robj lift that trophy!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looked again...should have trusted myself was right the first time.

19:00 local aka 6:00pm here.

Meanwhile looks like a draw for the SU Ladies in their opener; 1-1 also against the hosts Sakatchewan.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can nobody in BC tell the fcuking time? I think I just figured out why we haven't won in 14 years...

That, and getting elbows deep in chicken wings and pitchers of beer the night before opening match.

Hi Halford.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts