Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So they have signed Mhiller, and now Velicka...

and now they have been bidding for Lafferty?!
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Burnley | Rangers increase bid for Lafferty

Why does Walter feel the need to buy Strikers en masse every close season?
(last year: Darcheville, Cousin, Gow, Naismith)
Nobody from the team has left as of yet.

I guess this means Darcheville, Cousin, Gow and Buffel are finally off

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

JBN, I could be wrong but I think Mhiller has no 'h' in it..........

Looks like Rangers are trying a new approach next year............2 - 2 - 6..............since they had so many 0 - 0 games, 6 strikers is the way to go.........:D

Some massive signings so far mind you.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Radio clyde reporting Lafferty has signed with Rangers...3 million quid plus Alan "I played one game for Rangers" Gow

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sure looks like it...

I'm pretty sure this is one of the most frustrating Close Seasons ever...

Now the three are signed up we have the slimmest of chances of signing Ivan Klasnic...would have been class.

We need(ed) a midfielder to replace Hemdani...and to provide cover for slowing Bazza who can't ever seem to stay fit...

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barry's out for the first part of the season with a ankle / ligament issue
let the mud slinging begin

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on Steve ... I'm not taking the bait here ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Ferguson

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Watford | Shittu still keen on Ibrox move

A Proper defender would be nice to pair with King Carlos now that Weir is like a million years old and slow as Molasses.

Webster is never fit and Dailly is a Donkey.

Rangers manager Walter Smith appears to have closed the door on the transfer. "We have not managed to reach an agreement on that one so it looks as though we are finished there now," he told the club website.

This name would just be too easy...........:D He looks like big mercenary Bobo Balde........and I've read he plays like him. Surely that isn't what a quality footballing team like Rangers are looking for? Another bruiser?

Samaras a completed a 3 year switch to Celtic today, which is always good back-up I suppose. Now to get the backline sorted out..........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greek striker Georgios Samaras has signed a three-year contract with Scottish champions Celtic.

The 23-year-old impressed Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan when he was on loan from Manchester City last season.

City bought Samaras from Dutch side Heerenveen for £6m in January 2006 and have made a substantial loss in offloading the Greek international.

Samaras said the influence of boss Gordon Strachan and Celtic's "family atmosphere" had persuaded him to stay.

"Celtic are one of the best teams in Europe, with a very distinguished football manager," he told Celtic's official website.

"His unique way and unconditional desire to see me in his squad persuaded me to sign for the club.

"The same goes for the fans. They showed their support to me and with their dedication and excitement, they helped me decide that this is the right club for me.

"The important element for my decision, however, was the fact that there is a family atmosphere around here.

"We all respect each other and help each other, there is understanding and tolerance and these are all necessary ingredients for the success of a club and for the personal development of a football player.

"I am waiting for the start of the new season so I can help my team to repeat the successes of the last season. With the help of the fans, it is my view that we will achieve great things."

Samaras scored six goals for Celtic last season, although he failed to break up the first-choice strike partnership of Scott McDonald and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

He played for Greece at Euro 2008 and was then given clearance not to travel with the rest of the Manchester City squad to Germany for pre-season training. 606: DEBATE
Is this a good signing for Celtic?

He was signed by former City boss Stuart Pearce and went on to score only 12 goals for the club.

Samaras quickly fell out of favour when Sven-Goran Eriksson replaced Pearce as manager last summer, making only five league appearances last season before moving to Glasgow in the January transfer window.

Stoke, Hull, Lazio, Besiktas, Feyenoord and Werder Bremen were also reported to have been interested in landing the forward.

Well said, big man. Not a truer word could be said about the green and white Hoops!

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bobo has been released on a free..........if someone wants to pick him up they can have him........watch the Huns go for him. At 32, he is much younger than the other two fossils playing in the back...........:D

And to the big news, which has ALMOST been finalized...a REAL defender possibly coming to Paradise? The boy was very good at the Euros.......that can't be denied. Mind you, he's no Christian Dailly or David Weir..............:D :D

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Celtic | Celtic to release Balde on free

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Celtic | Celtic close in on defender Tamas

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of press over nothing...Surely this is a story simply because it is the dog days right now and everyone is busting to see some football that matters since the Euro has ended..

Nil By Mouth out at it again...:confused::confused::rolleyes::confused::confused:

I never realised that Gazza was fined so much money!!??!?!?, I wonder that the "holy Goalie" got for a fine with his Pope Shirt :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0