Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I watched that game.
Good to see McFadden back and I thought Motherwell did well, quite well...
McCall's got them playing not too badly over the last two years.

Its not quite thread appropriate Trece but Rangers are dominating the 3rd division.
We look forward to Division 2 next year and our ascent through the ranks.
Thanks for asking. :D

Disappointed to see us lose in the Cups this year to SPL opposition as a dream story for us would be to line up ASAP against your Manky Mhob. ;)

Seriously, no matter how weak our 11 may stack up to Celtic right now, you know the support would be there in full force and it would be a cracking atmosphere.

We are down but we are definitely not out.
Nae surender indeed.

:knvb:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puma will be our shirt supplier next year by the way.

Bucky's two XS shirts for him and his daughter wil be en route to Vancouver 'shortly' I bet.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece......tough to get up for every game when you're winning the league in a canter.....and preparing to beat Juventus in Turin next week. ;)

Puma, that's great..........for 2nd division teams. I'm surprised Joma wasn't chosen. :D

Nike FC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anyone gives a fcuk but whats the whole deal with this proposed SPL/SFL realignment?

It takes the top 2 divisions and then proposes to make it three midway through the year.

Ross County and St. Mirren voted against it and they're getting right grief over it from the SPL clubs.
The Chairman of the Sheep Shaggers especially.

I actually fcuking despise what the SFL and SPL did to Rangers and truly had no idea for the level of hatred people had for them in Scotland until this happened.
People can say we deserved that treatment, and fair play to them I guess.
My opinion is we didn't deserve what we got and there has never been a club put into Administration treated as harshly as what we were.

That all said, buzzings are St. Mirren did this for Rangers and I don't see the logic in that.
Like their chairman said, they were a club who voted Rangers into Division 3 so what would they gain from backing Rangers position on this?

Regardless, Rangers are happy that the reconstruction didn't go through as it now puts them into a higher tier as a result and they won't play the same teams they did last year now because of that.
I see that logic actually from my own selfish standpoint.

What was the right decision for Scottish football though?

Because I honestly don't know.

Discuss. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF....really? The level of hatred of Rangers? Why do you think they got away with the crap they did for so many years? Are you sure it's hatred by ignoring stuff like that?

Anyway, it was shitty not seeing Celtic/Sevco games this year and it was shitty knowing that Celtic would win the league but what is also shitty that a team that has cheated in so many ways is all of a sudden put into this position. Tough call but the reality is the Celtic/Rangers games are the ones that the majority of supporters look forward to. It's too bad it didn't happen this year because Celtic would have battered Sevco.....like ICT and Dundee United did. :)

To be blunt, the SFA and SPL are ****ing jokes and that can't be denied.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The SFA and SPL are jokes, fair enough.

Rangers also poorly ran their business from an accounting perspective. Fair enough.

They were not found responsible for any wrong doing by the Revenue Service in the UK, and the kangaroo court SPL/SFA found them guilt for a sum of 250k pounds for not disclosing the use of EBT's. Furthermore they shuttled them to the 4th tier of football in Scotland where precedent was set elsewhere to only doc a club points and demote them one level.

I site two articles published by the beeb who are never going to be considered pro-Rangers, especially with RFC essentially shutting the beeb out of covering the club for a long while.

Here's some highlights for you from the kangaroo court:
Rangers will not be stripped of any of the five SPL titles won during the period in question
The company that formerly ran the club have been fined £250,000 for not disclosing payments to relevant authorities
The commission found that the 'oldco' management did not take professional advice on disclosing the payments
It was ruled Rangers did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of the SPL rules
The non-disclosure of the payments did not mean any of the registered Rangers players were ineligible to play
As the players were still eligible to play, no sporting sanction or penalty is to be imposed upon Rangers
Rangers' current owners will not be held responsible for any breaches made by the previous company
BBC Sport - Rangers: Reaction to the SPL Commission ruling
BBC Sport - Rangers: Sir David Murray critical of 'witch hunt'

It was easy for the community at large to presume RFC guilty before proving anything. Easy for Celtic fans etc to call Rangers "cheats" when they were never found to have cheated on anything, unless you consider not knowing how to balance books "Cheating"

As far as footballing goes the one that hits out to me as the most relevant finding is that "Rangers did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contravention of the SPL rules" yet they were thrown right out of the league and down 4 flights of stairs to the basement of Scottish Professional Football.

It was a witch hunt. full. stop.

Furthermore the sending RFC down 4 flights caused them to have contracts of assets in players found to be null and void and they lost players that were signed for transfer fees for free and the club (oldCo newCo sevCo whateverCo) has been put many years in reverse as to having a team that is able to compete fairly

As for the new re-alignment etc- I have no fcuking clue as I cannot be arsed to watch Scottish Football anymore. It's a shambles. It was bad enough to have a two horse race every year with Rangers and Celtic fighting it out for first with a massive points gulf between 2nd and 3rd... now it's even more of a joke.

The Standard is poor, the governance is atrocious, and it's no wonder the Scot's National Team is appalling.

When you look at the facts and park your emotions about love/hate/indifference of your club and other clubs Rangers really were given a good going over, much too harsh imho and I'd say the exact same about Celtic if the shoe was on the other foot.

My $0.02 worth.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooooooh K.

Thanks for again showing your hatred of Rangers. ;)

But you didn't answer my question.
What's your opinion on the re-org proposed?
Take your hatred coloured glasses off for a moment and look objectively at it all. :D
Regardless if Rangers make it back to the show, which we will, :) what would this mean?
Is it about better revenue sharing to equal the playing field to then generate more interest country wide?
Or, would it impair the current promotional structure and be unfair in any way to teams on the fringe either up or down?

Or, are you one of these people that doesn't give a shite unless you get a chance to batter Rangers and say we 'cheated'.

:cool:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the new re-alignment etc- I have no fcuking clue as I cannot be arsed to watch Scottish Football anymore. It's a shambles. It was bad enough to have a two horse race every year with Rangers and Celtic fighting it out for first with a massive points gulf between 2nd and 3rd... now it's even more of a joke.

The Standard is poor, the governance is atrocious, and it's no wonder the Scot's National Team is appalling.

And herein lies the problem so maybe that's what they're trying to accomplish on the shake up?

Cheers Johnny.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, Celtic is good now because they had a good fierce rival domestically for the last number of years, coupled with excellent fiscal management and good revenue streams via Nike etc.

If RFC were to disappear and no other club was able to step up and hold CFC's feet to the fire they will be worse off for it.

That's just a fact of life. No other club in Scotland is as big as Celtic, not even close, except Rangers. As much as they hate each other, they NEED each other... and Scotland needs them.

From what I have read the alignment system will suck all the way around. Clubs are voting for what's best for them and not what's best for Scottish Football.

The SFA and SPL cannot co-exist, the best way forward imho would be to have one dissolve and do what they do South in England with a proper pyramid allowing amateur sides in and relegate clubs out... Have a 2 tier top flight and then regionalize the lower leagues.

Look at Germany's structure- That's the way forward imho for Scotland... in fact there's a lot leagues and clubs could learn from the Bundesliga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts