Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seattle Sounders set MLS attendance record

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle Sounders set MLS attendance record

A Decision Day 3-1 win over Real Salt Lake thanks to a Clint Dempsey first-half brace to secure fourth spot in the West was just the first bit of good news for the Seattle Sounders, as it was announced Monday the Cascadia club also set a new MLS average attendance record.

Seattle's CenturyLink Field saw an average attendance of 44,245 per match, boasting the highest single-match number with an astounding 55,435 people through the turnstiles for Sunday's victory over Real Salt Lake.

The infographic below provides some staggering statistics comparing the MLS to Europe's top-flight leagues:

Attendance%20RecordFINAL-01.png

(Courtesy: SoundersFC.com)

Copyright © 2015 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Continue reading...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I truly believe if the Caps would open up more seats more fans would attend. Sell tickets to youth clubs ( 20 to a block ) in the higher seats for a quarter the price of a regular seat...you know the'll buy a hotdog and a soda, maybe some swag. WIN / WIN. Club gets some new fans and makes a bit of money, maybe these kids will become lifers and boost future Season Ticket sales.

My thoughts are....I would rather have 50,000 people at 20 bucks a head, than 20,000 at 40 bucks a head. More up front cash and two and a half times the ( food and beverage sales ). not sure is that bad math or just a Laymans way of thinking?

I'm a contractor so I'm used to higher volume at a lower price means good profits.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I truly believe if the Caps would open up more seats more fans would attend. Sell tickets to youth clubs ( 20 to a block ) in the higher seats for a quarter the price of a regular seat...you know the'll buy a hotdog and a soda, maybe some swag. WIN / WIN. Club gets some new fans and makes a bit of money, maybe these kids will become lifers and boost future Season Ticket sales.

My thoughts are....I would rather have 50,000 people at 20 bucks a head, than 20,000 at 40 bucks a head. More up front cash and two and a half times the ( food and beverage sales ). not sure is that bad math or just a Laymans way of thinking?

I'm a contractor so I'm used to higher volume at a lower price means good profits.

You make some very valid points.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts