Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok,

Due to an economic downturn, causing for example the light at the end of the tunnel being turned off as a cost saving measure, the rankings are back for 2013-2014. Some staff (especially the VISL guys) are recently out of having to spend several months doing "quiet time". So we are a bit out of the loop on the VISL, NSCL and FVSL. The VMSL is easy as Poco will kill everyone this year as per staff member Yoda.

Any input or whining from any usual providers (Conductor, Lupoman, Cside13, Guinness, RF, Jojo13, Kjell Broadsgaard or that guy who talks about chainsawing a log on the Island) would be greatly appreciated by staff, many of which are trying to assimilate back into a non-custodial environment and the community at large.

My goal is to have this season's rankings out within two weeks.

Sir M

Last edited:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of input is pouring in and there is lots of support for PCOV and Columbus to place them high in the rankings. What about the FVSL teams guys (RF)? Who are the power teams out there? Any NSCL input? I will not nag VISL as staff advised that there may be relatively limited knowledge in relation that there is a thing called the internet over there. In fact, it is actually on computers now.

Stay tuned. Sir M.

Last edited:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lots of input is pouring in and there is lots of support for PCOV and Columbus to place them high in the rankings. What about the FVSL teams guys (RF)? Who are the power teams out there? Any NSCL input? I will not nag VISL as staff advised that there may be relatively limited knowledge in relation that there is a thing called the internet over there. In fact, it is actually on computers now.

Stay tuned. Sir M.
Well I have to agree with the support for both PCOV and Columbus. I also feel that West Van has bounced back from last years sluggish season. Sapperton on the other hand is already looking at relegation and it's only 3 games into the season. As for the NSCL a few changes have happened since you last ran the Power Rankings. Norvan has now left and joined into the VMSL and this year, are in Div 1 Masters not bad as last year they were in Div 3. The NSCL have picked up a replacement team though and they are called the Thunder. I would definitely say that Howe Sound is the class of the NSCL and going back last year in the BC's almost gave mighty POCO a big scare by only falling to them 1-0. Also Cside and Lupomen have both retired and are no longer ever seen out at any games!! :(

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are currently working on the rankings. Having said that (and bear with me here as some staff members have difficulty understanding any but the simplest problems and some tend to breathe from the mouth quite frequently), they are confused by the FVSL. It appears that in the FVSL, after looking at the Masters Premier standings and schedule, the following teams more or less are involved, and staff are confused (there are also a few that need to stop cooking with aluminum pots):

• There is North Delta SC Rangers, South Delta, and Delta Utd...these are all different teams correct?
  • Coastal FC United and Coastal FC Peace Arch Utd are different teams yes? Staff assumes, between watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High, that the FVSL does not have the same rule as the VMSL that two club affiliated teams (assuming that these two sides are both affiliated with the same club) are allowed to compete in the same division? If so, can they CAT with each other? If they are not from the same club, and both arbitrarily came up in with the same name Coastal FC, in a bit of of coincidence similar to Lou Gehrig passing away from Lou Gehrig's disease, are they separate teams from separate clubs who just utilized the Saskatchewan and Ottawa Roughrider's CFL logic that two different teams in the same league should name their teams the same, when there is a multitude of names out there?
  • Also, last week it appears on the FVSL schedule that in Masters Premier North Delta SC Rangers (who should not be confused with North Delta SC United) defeated Abbotsford Karen Magnussen Ford, (it is little known that this side is named after the 1972 Sapporo, Japan Olympic women's figure skating silver medalist) and staff are unable to find the Abbotsord Karen Magnussens in the FVSL Masters Premier standings at all.
Staff would appreciate any help with these inquiries.

Thank you, Sir M.

Last edited:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple and Delta are the top two teams in the Valley according to my sources! It will be a dog fight for the 3 and 4 spots between 4 teams, with a few of those teams having similar names in the dog fight!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple and Delta are the top two teams in the Valley according to my sources! It will be a dog fight for the 3 and 4 spots between 4 teams, with a few of those teams having similar names in the dog fight!
Delta is Junk - North Delta is the team to beat in FVSL

Notcher22

Nov 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd put down good money that the Westside Rangers could give any team in Master's a helluva run and take 3 points.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd put down good money that the Westside Rangers could give any team in Master's a helluva run and take 3 points.

That's what Jags thought last year with the Flying Donkeys before they were unceremoniously punted out of cup play by the last place team in Premier. :rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, after some intense economic not to mention peer pressure, compounded by some personal issues, staff have finally been able to hammer out the inaugural edition of:

Sir M’s Excellent Power Rankings 2013-2014

They are as follows:

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). 2013 BC and Western Canadian Champs, currently 3rd place VMSL. Always a contender for top spot in the rankings.

2. Croatia FC (VMSL). This upstart side has tied Columbus and defeated PCOV and Westside in the last month. An up and coming force in the rankings. Currently 2nd place in VMSL.

3. Poco Castillians (VMSL). The reigning VMSL Masters Premier champs are enjoying a good start to the 2013-2014 season. Lots of firepower going forward and a defender with a 40 inch waistline sporting an excellent headband on the field are a couple of highlight features of this entertaining to watch side. Currently 4th place in VMSL.

4. SFC Temple (FVSL). First place in the FVSL and a very dangerous side.

5. West Van FC (VMSL). THE 2011 BC and Western Canadian Champs are off to a good start in 2013-2014. Currently first place in VMSL.

6. PCOV (VMSL). When this side has everyone in attendance, this side is as good a team as any Masters team in BC. If they can carry this through to the BCs, they will contend for the provincial title.

7. ND SC Rangers (FVSL). This is a team that is a blend of several traditional contenders, and they are certainly contending in the FVSL so far this year.

8. Coastal FC Peace Arch (FVSL). Another in a series of FVSL teams who have names referencing several clubs, this is a side that no one should take lightly.

9. Richmond FC (VMSL). This team gives a lot of very good teams a run for their money so far this year. A loss this weekend drops them in the rankings.

10. Delta Utd (FVSL). Delta United is always a consideration in the rankings, and this year is no different.

11. Westside FC (VMSL). Traditionally a slow starter, the 2012 BC and Western Canadian champions are slowly rounding into form.

12. Howe Sound FC (NSCL). Staff have their (those that have more than one) eyebrows raised at this team’s 4-0-0 start.

13. Romanian FC (VMSL). This side has lots of firepower going forward and are ironically, mainly of Romanian descent.

14. Roma FC (NSCL). Another unbeaten and untied well coached NSCL team.

15. Vancouver United Westside Rangers (VMSL). This side has taken a page out of the FVSL book and has merged 5 or 6 teams to field a team. This has worked, and they are in first place in VMSL Masters Div 1. One staff member (albeit with a few substance abuse issues) has commented “this team could give a Premier team a run for their money”.

16. Nordic (NSCL). Staff predict that this team will make the BCs.

17. CCB Shooting Stars (FVSL). This team replaces the 22nd Avenue Lions for most excellent team name.

18. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Sapp have had a bad start but are improving and staff predicts they will make a run for it later in the year. ..and staff should know about making a run for it.

19. Shaheen FC (VMSL). This team is getting used to the Premier division in VMSL Masters. They now wear less clothes while showering after the game.

20. South Delta FC (FVSL). South Delta has made the BCs at some point in previous years, but need to pick things up this year.

Good luck to all teams this week, and welcome back teams to the rankings.

Sir M

Last edited:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Sir M, great to see the rankings back up! I'm pretty sure PCOV will be diappointed to see that they didn't make the top 5. People are a little surprised that after WV's undefeated start that your staff would have put them at #5. As for Romania my prediction is that they will make the top 10 by the end of the month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0