Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@SirM is trending! As for whether a top VMSL Div 1 team is stronger than than a top NS Coaches team…hard to know without watching some games or playing some of the teams. They do get Provincial spots though so should they? Have they ever made it out of the first round of Provincials?

Just with respect to the VMSL, like any of the divisions (Open, masters, whatever) the jump from Div 1 to Premier is significant BUT I think it's fair to say that the top teams from Div 1 and the bottom teams from Premier are often interchangeable. I think both the Flying Horses and ourselves would compete in Premier and wouldn't get embarrassed. I don't see another team in Div 1 that I can say that about. The bottom couple of Premier teams, if they were in Div 1, would be strong but may not run away with the league. The only game against a Premier team that we got last year was in cup vs West Van Premier who beat us 2-0. We are considerably stronger this year and look forward to the cup and some upsets :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have one answer and one question. The first answer is yes NSCL teams have won in the BCs in the past, I know that the old Pegasus team from the NSCL (now West Van but circa 2002-2004 or so) before they moved to VMSL made it to the semis one year, and the quarters on others, losing to Columbus I believe it that semi final, but over the years defeated a few Island teams and Surrey FF and PCOV etc if I recall. There have been other NSCL teams that have won several games in the BCs in recent memory. I am struggling to recall if a VMSL Div 1 team has won any BCs games over the years (the problem is of course that Div 1 teams have a tough time qualifying as they need to go to the league cup final, and even when they get up against a Premier team resting several starters, it still ends up 2-0 or similar). Having said that I know some Div 1 teams have won some games in league cup in the past, but that is not the BCs as some Premier teams treat that one a bit like the old Carling Cup. Further, I think if I recall, Wickham around 2007 or so made it into the BCs from Div 1 but I cannot recall if they won a game or not, I think they got knocked out by eventual BC Champs Surrey Rangers out in Newton who had crazy Penner in goal and Coach at the helm.

That is my answer.

My question though is what does "trending on Twitter" mean.

Seriously.

Sir M

Last edited:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am struggling to recall if a VMSL Div 1 team has won any BCs games over the years (the problem is of course that Div 1 teams have a tough time qualifying as they need to go to the league cup final, and even when they get up against a Premier team resting several starters, it still ends up 2-0 or similar).

Just couldn't help yourself eh?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
;) Bandcamp.

PS RF I remember that game, I was standing behind your goal with one or more of the Bear Cubs. They kept telling your colourful 'keeper who was like 110 yards away from the play how the ref was favouring Wickham call after call and he was getting really wound up, he was livid about offside calls in the Wickham box that were so far away no one could see them from our vantage pint. He kept kicking or clawing at his goal posts and flaring his nostrils. By the sounds of it I think he had metal cleats.

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF then there was that one guy on Rangers who had MLB/NFL lamp black stripes under his eyes and it wasnt Halloween. Remember him? Classic.

I also remember the old lineup sheets that SFF had that listed the height and weight of the players because the ref really wants to know on the list if a player is 6' 3" 220.

Notcher22

Nov 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played for a few years in the NSCL and played in the BC's where we held our own.
I also currently play in Div 1 Masters with the Rangers.
I'd say our current Rangers team is much better. I'd call it a 3-0 game.
That being said the one thing I know about Masters from top to botom that if the game is close after 60/70 minutes then its anyone's game. Fitness is for kids.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not trying to make excuses or anything but it looks like Westside will be moving up in the latest edition of the rankings.

Sir M

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my, too good. :D

BTW, I`m 6`0 with the exact right type of work shoes on, and not a fraction of an inch higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0