Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Snooker

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone seen that special on TSN about the road to a world Champion, "Cliff Thornburn"??? It aired last week and has been repeated a couple of times (in the wee hours of the morning mind you)...
It was brilliant to see a local lad claw his way through the pub and hussling ranks to become the only (non Briton) World Snooker Champion!!! Beating the likes of Dennis Taylor, Steve Davis and Alex Higgins on his way to stardom...

FinallyTSNhasaspecialonatruelygreatcanadian:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A story that will be reminiscent of The Executioner's rise through the darts world, I'm sure. ;)

Is Thorburn playing anymore? I know that was a long time ago when he was world champion. A lot of the ex-champions like Davis have taken up billiards and often play in the major tournaments.

Captain

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

I am not too sure if he is currently on the billiard circut... he was a few years back, but his reputation (in the UK) for indulging in the white stuff with Alex Higgins got him into trouble... my guess is he's hussling some country boys in some run down Taverns across Vancouver Island...

GuinnesswonderingwherethelikesofHendry,WhiteandTaylorare?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts