Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sounders Fans removed with anti-racism anti-fascism banner

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ironic, coming from a country with extremely deep, and very current racist tensions to a country where, by and large, we've done a pretty good job with acceptance of other cultures and races, then making that political statement.

My feeling is they were kicked out just for being assholes, and maybe the BC Place guys decided to say, "Fcuk it, they are Seattle fans, good enough reason to throw them out".

General rule of thumb in life: don't be a dick, and normally things work out.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There has got to be more to this story, in the supporters section we wear scarfs etc with the same sentiment. Could have something to do with the last time portland was here, ( they chanted through the Canadian anthem ). Just a note to the MLS if you don't want politics within the stadia stop playing anthems. That said politics will always pop up within pro sports, the proletariat only have a few options for a platform see: 1936 Olympics, St Pauli Fc etc...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The story is pretty straightforward. Group of supporters were being dicks in their section, were booted. Like I said, maybe the staff used a bit of free licence to make judgement and throw them out, maybe not. They then took their act outside.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me the Seattle fans came across as ignorant dicks. You are a guest in someones house and country show respect and obey the rules.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly. Personally, I have no issue w/ the banner, or free speech for that matter, but apparently there is a lot more to this story, and it is really a story of people being assholes and being asked to leave a building due to being assholes.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts