Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Pierre Wins

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GSP wins as does Lesnar, Maia, and Emerson. Did anyone get the PPV?

GSP Shuts Fitch Out at UFC 87; Is Penn Next?By Thomas Gerbasi

MINNEAPOLIS, August 9 – It’s an old fight game adage that it’s harder to defend

a title than win one. Tonight, in the main event of UFC 87 at Target Center, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre got things right in his second reign as champion, defending his crown for the first time with a shutout five round decision win over number one contender Jon Fitch.

And no one in the crowd of 15,082 cheered louder for St-Pierre than UFC lightweight champion BJ Penn, who is now looking to move back up to 170 pounds for a shot at redemption against the man who decisioned him in March of 2006.

“Let’s put the fight together, let’s do it,” said Penn.

“I’m a proud champion and I’m ready to fight everybody who deserves a shot,” said St-Pierre. “I know BJ Penn wants a shot, and I’m ready for him. “

Scores were 50-43, and 50-44 twice for St-Pierre, whose first reign as champion ended at the hands of Matt Serra in April of 2007. St-Pierre went on to regain the belt at UFC 83 in April of this year.

The bout hit the mat immediately, with St-Pierre in Fitch’s guard, but the challenger did good work from the bottom, even though he ate his share of thudding strikes. Crowd chants of “USA” and “GSP” alternated in the crowd, drowning out St-Pierre’s increasingly dominating attack. And when Fitch was able to get back to his feet, the champion dropped him almost immediately with a right hand and followed up with a ferocious series of strikes that bruised Fitch’s face. With less than 1:30 left in the round, Fitch gamely rose again, but with his legs rubbery, St-Pierre opened fire on the feet and the ground, keeping the Indiana native in serious trouble. By the end of the round though, Fitch appeared to have cleared his head, leaving him 60 seconds to make the adjustments necessary to get back in the fight.

Fitch looked to stand with St-Pierre in round two, but the Canadian’s speed, accuracy and footwork not only bloodied the challenger, but also allowed him to scoot out of danger before any of Fitch’s wild strikes hit home. As the round progressed, Fitch stayed out of trouble and seemed to be gaining confidence as some of his punches hit home, and after he stuffed a St-Pierre takedown attempt
and followed up with a knee, it looked like he was getting himself back into the fight, even though his face wasn’t showing it.

If there was any renewed confidence from Fitch, it was probably removed seconds into the third round as he got his mouthpiece knocked out by a St-Pierre right hand. The ensuing trip to the canvas saw St-Pierre try to work for a rear naked choke, but Fitch fought his way free and into the champion’s guard. While there, Fitch tried to stay busy as St-Pierre appeared to be looking to force a standup. But instead, St-Pierre reversed position and landed some ground strikes before the two stood again. St-Pierre opened up with some kicks to keep Fitch guessing, and in close range exchanges, St-Pierre’s deadly accuracy was on display, but so was Fitch’s heart as he took some hellacious shots but kept fighting.

As the championship rounds began, Fitch drew blood from over St-Pierre’s left eye, but the Montreal native was undaunted as he remained in the pocket, pecking away at Fitch and denying a takedown attempt. Fitch did land some punches of his own in retaliation, but another takedown try was rebuffed by the champion, who instead put Fitch on his back to end the round.

Fitch opened the fifth and final round with a couple of solid shots as he looked to rescue the fight for himself, but St-Pierre answered with a thudding back fist and a takedown, impressively refusing to sit on his lead. And though the pace in the final five minutes didn’t match that of the previous 20, the packed house still showed their appreciation for the champion and his courageous challenger.

With the win, St-Pierre improves to 17-2; Fitch falls to 21-3 with 1 no contest.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched it and man what a wicked card. Lesnar is a monster! I've never seen a man that big move that fast. GSP not the finisher I thought he was but great all around for the most part. The 12 second knock out was the icing on the cake.

Worth the money tonight!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume Lesner won? I was watching for FREE on the computer until my daughter kicked me off. :(

Missed the Lesner fight but saw several others.........

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lesnar came out so fast as per usual and nailed him with a right hand that would have killed any of us. He then football tackled the guy and basically beat the crap outta the guys entire body for the rest.

I love this sport but Lesnar seriously gave me shivers as he's so bloody powerful! He thru the other 250 pound guy around like Cainy tossing.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
They had Lesner listed at 265lbs. No way he was only 15lbs heavier than the other dude. :confused:

what a beast.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They said he was 280 for the fight but at the weigh in he had dropped to 265.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder how lesner's opponent feels this morning
and poor manny whotsizname must be in hiding 10 second knock out :eek:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I agree it was a scary punch! when they showed it slow motion you could see the impact on his head and I'm surprised his face never caved in.
When does he fight next as I will be watching!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder how lesner's opponent feels this morning
and poor manny whotsizname must be in hiding 10 second knock out :eek:

I cannot believe Emerson won this fight over Manny. Emerson did nothing but walk around in his thong underwear and get his ass kicked on The Ultimate Fighter.

Saunders won last night and I watched a rerun last night of Saunders fight on The Ultimate Fighter against Barrera (I think). Outstanding fight and outstanding episode. Probably the most entertaining and "interesting" episode I've ever seen. I don't remember seeing this much blood in a match since Abdullah the Butcher fought Dusty Rhodes. :eek:

I think it is on again tonight on Sportsnet.

Here are the results from last night.

UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship

Who makes up their nicknames?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot believe Emerson won this fight over Manny. Emerson did nothing but walk around in his thong underwear and get his ass kicked on The Ultimate Fighter.

QUOTE]

i forgot that was him .... did he not return due to some one else being injured and get his ass kicked a second time ???

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i forgot that was him .... did he not return due to some one else being injured and get his ass kicked a second time ???

Yes. The second time was against someone who lied to get on the show (said that he had 8 previous fights but really had never fought before). Before that he got whooped by Nate Diaz.

Dana White invited him back because he "liked how he carried himself."

The guy he replaced got booted off the show because he missed the weight cut off. He didn't want to sweat off the 10 pounds so he went to some spa for a "cleansing." They shoved a tube up his arse and he lost about 4 pounds.

Captain...it's not the 15 pounds you were looking for, but it's a start!:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They had Lesner listed at 265lbs. No way he was only 15lbs heavier than the other dude. :confused:

what a beast.

When Lesner got into UFC, I was hoping he would one day go head to head with Kimbo, no chance of this now, Lesner is in thee Big Time. Bring on the Tank for Kimbo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK3a8vs79bU]YouTube - kimbo slice vs. tank abbott[/ame]

hos

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. The second time was against someone who lied to get on the show (said that he had 8 previous fights but really had never fought before).

this has got to be the tall tall guy who did loads of yapping ( this is my house this is my home )
i remember one of the trainers brought in wanted him to go to his gym and train there after the show no matter what ..... i think we will see him again
if it is that guy of course

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0