Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stadium Discussion thread 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbital

Mar 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Stadium Discussion

that corporate entity is helping raise the profile of soccer round the province. sorry i didnt ask, i just discovered this site today while i was on mediaontap.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And this non corporate entity has done more than that corporate entity in it's short existence in opening up discussion forums on various local soccer related topics, has expanded it's media offering for essentially free, and has brought an active, participating community together that was otherwise segmented and non-communicative.

The Whitecaps, though a great organization, have benefited FAR more through TTP than the other way around. Don't you think it appears just the slightest bit suspicious that these new TTP handles keep showing up with the sole purpose of posting these stadium links, but don't otherwise post or get involved? What is your involvement in the soccer community, if anything? Are you simply a fan of the Cap's, and innocently posting a link, or are you somehow connected with the team, and looking for a quick and easy way to get petition signatures?

Take a look around here, and figure it out. As they say, TTP is a wonderful place, but you also need to respect the people who run and own it.

morbital

Mar 2, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

im a soccer fan for life, been playing since i could walk. and ive been a diehard southsider for now my 3rd season. my intent wasnt to "sell" the caps, but support bringing a world class stadium to vancouver, and as a soccer fans i didnt think id get a **** you for doing it...

is ttp about soccer or capitalism?
in my first few hours on board this seems more like nazi germany than an open disscussion on soccer.

bring the soccer community together yes, but to rule it like regs has the one ring, its just counter productive to SOCCER,

like i say
whats the main goal?

promote soccer
or fill regs pockets

i run and support the southsiders website for free
and i dont censor links at all
i also dont censor posts (i did ONCE, regs has already done it to me twice)

i look forward to being part of the community, but if im shot down for being a fan of the game whats the point

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think it's enough that we are running free ads for the stadium here for people to sign up and show their support for the stadium on the official site.

Regs has even posted his view earlier on in this forum. if i recall correctly every member on this site recieved an email regarding the "official site" and wanting support for it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs has lost a few mortages worth of cash supporting this site. It is a money losing venture. Look around, and start getting it.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Morbital:

I don't know how you run your own forum, and I'm sure you have the best of intentions. But when you join an online community that you know nothing about, read the fcukin' FAQ that goes along with it, for FAQ's sake!!!! When you go to a foreign country, do you expect all of the laws you encounter to be the same as Canada's? Of course not!

Now quit being a dumbass and get your foot out of your mouth; otherwise nobody will ever know if you really do have something valid to say.

Trece

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

City of Vancouver Formally changed the meeting date from June 15th to June 27th...

Hitting shitloads of red tape at the mo....

BTW: The Lamplighter is now officially opposed to the new stadium. I ,for one, will never spend another cent in there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any other city in North America, a private business person steps up, buys land, and proposes to spend his own money to build a world class facility that will benefit the vast majority, and they'd welcome him in with open arms. But, here in Vancouver, we catter to the loud minority voice.

I sincerely hope Premier Campbell gets involved with this, and does what the Provincial Government can and should do to help mediate this, in support of building the venue.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Amazing Toronto city council/ontario gov./can gov. throws money at the developers to build a stadium in that icedome city, good for 5 months a year. Kerfoot uses ALL his own money and is going to get nothing but headaches. Vancouver is ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts