Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realize that there are many die hards out there that are lined up right now awaiting the release of this flick. But there is a sad note to this...

Bai Ling, who was set to appear as Senator Bana Breemu in the upcoming"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,” has apparently been cut from the film.

BEIJING, May 6– Bai Ling, who was set to appear as Senator Bana Breemu in the upcoming"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith,” has apparently been cut from the film.

Ling, who was in the Mann Chinese Theatre in Hollywood to promote the film, blamed her upcoming spread in Playboy magazine for her ousting.

“I posed for Playboy, and it may have been doing that which upset George Lucas, the"Star Wars” creator and director,” Ling told the New York Post.

A Lucas films spokesperson confirmed the cut, but claimed it had happened more than a year ago.

Ling’s Playboy spread is in the June issue of the magazine.

Here is a quick shot...but there are more pics in the gallery...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a couple weeks since the long-anticipated release yet there no comments here until now. This can mean: (1) either no other TTPers have seen it (doubtful), (2) no one else cares enough about it to bother reviewing it (also doubtful), or (3) everyone is far too ambivelent to bother reviewing it (likely).

That unfortunately since this is by far the best of the latest three installments -- which on its own isn't saying too much, except that this really is a great movie.

Beyond the spectacular action sequences, great special effects (although I'm still not sold on the total digital revolution yet), and better acting than the past two episodes, what will really blow you away is how Lucas really has managed to explain everything that "follows" in IV, V, and VI. Why are Luke and Leia split up? Why do Yoda and Obi-Wan find themselves living far away from each other on separate planets? What happened to all of the rest of the Jedi? How did the Emporer come to look the way he does? Why doesn't C3P0 tell everyone what's going on in IV, V, and VI? And most of all, how does Darth Vader come to be?

All the of the holes are filled in -- which, in itself is a masterful piece of writing. Not only is Lucas confined by the characters' status at the outset, but he must write to a foregone conclusion.

Outstanding.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to disagree with you in part, many questions are answered that relate to the original trilogy, though very conveniently quite often, and many that arose from the new trilogy go unanswered as Lucas relies on the consumer going out and purchasing novels, comics, games and tv dvd sets to conclude some of his rambling thoughts. The acting beyond Ewan McGregor is terrible, but a marked improvement over the last two. Natalie Portman was one dimensional as she was given little to work with and her presence was almost just so that it could all wrap up. The dialogue was awful and awkward leaving many with little maneuverability as far as acting went. The plot was strong as was the story. Its pacing was way off as it tried to do too much too quickly and slowed down at all the wrong moments. Anakin's transformation was too quick and not played out properly as it seemed like being on the dark side was a simple shrug of the shoulders. Lucas took too many liberties with certain characteristics of established roles such as r2d2 being able to fly and fight military robots. The opening space battle had so much potential but was shot incorrectly and poorly. They needed to add the pacing of the originals and the dialogue was rough and unnecessary. The reliance on cg really hurts the conflict as it feels fake and repetitive. The uselessness of the robots in the opening space battle really sums the entire movie up, all flash, no substance. 2/10

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw this two days ago, and I have just a few comments -- my opinion of this film lies somewhere inbetween Keeper and bluenose.

The dialogue is shockingly bad -- anyone who cringed in the "by the lake" scenes between Anakin and Padme in the last movie will know what i mean.

The plot is better -- it answers some questions, and more involvement of Darth Sidious and Yoda is important for two such influential characters in the trilogy to follow.

Some CGI is wooden, but I thought the battle scenes were better, especially with Ewan MacGregor riding on the back of that lizard after General Grevious (sp?) in the "battle down that hole" with the beings that looked like that guy from Hellraiser.

The entire second trilogy completely lacks any real humour, like the sexual tension between Han and Leia, or the interchange between C3PO and R2D2. What the hell happened? Lucas is a fat cat who while being able to finish what he started, doesn't have any ability to write dialogue or develop characters anymore.

5/10

max

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
It's been a couple weeks since the long-anticipated release yet there no comments here until now. This can mean: (1) either no other TTPers have seen it (doubtful), (2) no one else cares enough about it to bother reviewing it (also doubtful), or (3) everyone is far too ambivelent to bother reviewing it (likely).
Outstanding.

Wow that was bang on...did you bring your glowing stick into the theatre to?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whenever I read one of these Star Wars reviews, it doesn't take long to figure out if the writer is a casual fan, or a full-on Star-Wars nerd. The nerds all want a 5 hour movie, good acting, "realistic" sequences, etc, etc.

Christ, the movie is only 2-1/2 hours long. You're on the edge of your seat from beginning to end, and it was entertaining. Go see and enjoy.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
max blink said:
The dialogue is shockingly bad --
Max, you hit the nail on the head. The love story is absolutely pants and painful to watch. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand why they waited to sum up Darth Vader's character in the last 15 minutes of the movie. Thankfully while you wait, they distract you with Yoda's fancy moves ;). Man that Jedi can really move :D

+SC

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts