Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team of the Week (Wk 5): Vancouver young guns show their stuff against MLS' best in Week 5

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team of the Week (Wk 5): Vancouver young guns show their stuff against MLS' best in Week 5

The Vancouver Whitecaps are flying.

After a couple of years of showing a lot of promise and potential, the 'Caps seem to be putting it all together this season, racing out to a hot start and putting on an outstanding performance against the LA Galaxy on Saturday night

Read More

Continue reading...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manneh makes team of the week - not so sure about that but pleased to see Robbo starting to get some notice.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If only Manneh could have finished a couple more. I was beginning to wonder where his shot went.

Tiebert, too. Again, watched, and again, failed to see all the negative attributes our local RT Obsessionist seems to. He had a very good match, so credit where it is due. Koffie may be on the bench for a while...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm reading some stuff about Manneh getting his US citizenship in 2016 and talk of USMNT potential?

I don't see it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the tallent, and he's miles better (IMO) than either Mattocks or Hurtado.

But...I'm starting to lose faith in some of his decision making. Not all...he had a strong match Saturday, and if he can get himself into the positions he does, yes, I want him shooting, but man...it just seems that the actual shots were not well placed, and not a lot of power behind them. Maybe he just needed to get three misses outta the way before finding his laces, dunno. But that said, I'd expect a top level attacker to find the right shot the 1st or second time.

Being picky here, I know...he did score, and on that, it was the right shot.

I like Manneh, I'd like to see him continue to get better, and I think he can. I think petentially, a lot better...unlike the other two, where I see only a downward trend.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember seeing Manneh hit some pretty spectacular goals in prior years... hopefully he can get back to that. Don't think his performance really warrants the attention he's getting from every MLS beat writer, but I don't think I would want to be on the other side of him coming at you full tilt. He gets confidence and doesn't lose his head, sky is the limit.

I don't think enough is being said about Mezquida... I thought he was the 2nd best Uruguayan last year, but he's becoming a solid threat as well. Will be interesting to see if Rosales makes it back into the line up once healthy, tough spot for Hurtado and Mattocks to get any real minutes in real games... Want to see this 18 year old factor in more as well..

Remember there were calls of Hurtado to get sniffs at the USA national program after his wonder strike last year... What happened to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0