Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TFC vs Club Amercia

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another fun one to watch. TFC go to Mexico up 3 -1 but playing at Azteca is going to be very difficult. If you missed the game last night missed out on a good one. There was even a bit of a brawl in the players tunnel...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart managing going for the goals at home where they had the advantage.

I liked the 3-4-2 set-up with Bradly as the holding MF. Gio and Altidore striking is nails.

I think we see essentially a 4-5-1 in Mexico, but with Gio on one flank with more freedom to push high. Altidore as your target man again. Bunker till CA has to push forward to get the goals, Robo ball style counter, get the away goal, and hang on for deal life at elevation.

They trained preseason in Mexico City just to get that experience at elevation. They will get there a few days early; 3-4 days does not allow for full acclimatization (having just spend 3 weeks at above 10,000', I now have a good take on it), but having already done the camp there gives the players very valuable experience at training / intensity efforts at elevation. That's they key, understanding how your body reacts / recovers in mountain air.

TFC will win this 4-2 on aggregate.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree 4 5 1 as well. Gio was staying wide last game to exploit the overlaps of the Club America Fullbacks and you would think CA will push even more next week from the outsides.

Lineup will also be impacted if Vasquez and Mavinga make a return.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another fun one to watch. TFC go to Mexico up 3 -1 but playing at Azteca is going to be very difficult. If you missed the game last night missed out on a good one. There was even a bit of a brawl in the players tunnel...

It’s hard not to like watching them as they have spent the money on quality players, have a couple decent Canadians playing for them, play an attractive style of game and of course getting results. Hope they go all the way!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s hard not to like watching them as they have spent the money on quality players, have a couple decent Canadians playing for them, play an attractive style of game and of course getting results. Hope they go all the way!

I feel dirty saying this, but same here. They are fun to watch. Vanney put out a 3-4-2 yesterday and went for it. We have the personnel to do that here, think we'll see it? I've never been a fan of a lone striker, even if you are complementing him with wingers and a #10 who's primary role is to attack. Those wingers still need to track back to a certain extent, so that either means they do it honestly and gas themselves, or cheat. Not all wingers are Alphonzo Davies and have the pace, size, and energy to track back and get forward without paying for it. I like that the two striker set-up is very simply, big target man, and skilled roamer that goes where he needs to in order to generate, based on what has been presented. Give everyone else supporting rolls, and have at it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have some regrets with the way I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me playing....but one thing I don’t regret was cracking your ankle. Even God loves me for that hack.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts