Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"The" Blackout of 2008

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[coverattach=1]So people are now talking about compensation for the outage downtown?

Fcuking rericrurous.

Attachments

• cbc.jpg
    cbc.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 140

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
[coverattach=1]So people are now talking about compensation for the outage downtown?

Fcuking rericrurous.

Well now I want compensation too, our MF dealer couldn't provide us with service so I couldn't help anyone :rolleyes: Like kjohn said, if they were truly worried they would have had back-up generators for their businesses.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My plants better not die! No worries as I have a back up generator and most of my plants are grown outdoors.(Tomato of course)

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait I mean that must be some other kjohnsob :rolleyes:

I mean SFU must had out that as a student ID to everyone who applies...right?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait I mean that must be some other kjohnsob :rolleyes:
?

CBC? Must have been an episode of This hour has less than a minute.

On Topic..... People are upset that both their regular coffee, and Iced Lattes are all ranging from luke warm to room temperature.

I loved the interview with the store owner downtown that had all his milk and other items going bad, when suggested he just give them out to folk on the street he gave the reporter a puzzled look... Pretty sure any gastrointestinal emergency room visit between now and Friday downtown will be this guys fault. Cheap bastard.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Infrastructure is infrastructure...

Sorry to disagree with the norm here, but our Crown Corporation (or Private business in disguise) that has a Monopoly and sets rates without fair and free competition should be held at the very least, accountable.

Business Interruption Insurance and other such items exist for such a reason...but seriously...

This outtage is supposedly caused by a fire by some dodgy wiring, at least that is what I am told...

And if you are paying BC Hydro for a service and you have NO option to buy your utility elsewhere, I believe there should be some restitution.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do they prove how much money they lost? I saw someone on the news, I think a stereo and home entertainment place, claim that he lost $50,000 over the two days. I call bullshite on that one. Shite happens, deal with it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0