Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks - Who should stay and who should go?

GM for a Day - Who should go?

• Total voters

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now the that Canucks are booking tee times, i'm wondering who you think will be the first to go in the off season.

Coach Crawford seems to be a popular choice as the coach always takes the blame for poor player performance. Didn't seem his new "mellow" approach worked too well.
Or maybe Mr. -17 Naslund will retire to his homeland since he was considering it already once.
How about Mrs. -19 Bertuzzi? Does he need a fresh start somewhere else, with a new skirt........i mean jersey?
Maybe this years scapegoat will be Hometown zero Morrison who had a problem with the hooking calls this year and doubled his penalty minutes this season.

Vote now and give us your opinion.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Should They Stay or Should They Go?

Yoda said:
Now the that Canucks are booking tee times, i'm wondering who you think will be the first to go in the off season.

Coach Crawford seems to be a popular choice as the coach always takes the blame for poor player performance. Didn't seem his new "mellow" approach worked too well.
Or maybe Mr. -17 Naslund will retire to his homeland since he was considering it already once.
How about Mrs. -19 Bertuzzi? Does he need a fresh start somewhere else, with a new skirt........i mean jersey?
Maybe this years scapegoat will be Hometown zero Morrison who had a problem with the hooking calls this year and doubled his penalty minutes this season.

Vote now and give us your opinion.

All that matters is Carter is will be a Leaf is summer as Toronto will be offering him a multi year deal.

Naslund will stay, sisters will be here, Jovo will sign but bertuzzi could be the odd man out to make room for Jovo's big contract.

Get rid of Linden, Park, Bauk.

Canucks need someone like Tucker, plays hard every game, gets under peoples skin and can score goals.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I voted for Bertuzzi, Nasland, and Crawford. But, honestly, from the poll question, I'm not exactly sure what I was voting for.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Although I like Morrison, he's gotta go. Same with Crawford, I couldn't imagine listining to that squeeky voice during practice for 5 or six years. Trade Burt? Not unless we can still get Thorton straight up? Oh, I didn't think so.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good point Keeper. I think everyone else knows what was being asked but for your benefit I'll have someone with more authority change it up for you.
;)

Carter has had his best year in 5 years. Why would he leave?
Especially to a hole like Toronto.

As far as people to get under other peoples skin, i believe Ruutu does a good job, and when Cooke can remember his name and what year it is, does a good job of that.

You have to think Linden is on the verge of retirement now though. By far his worst season ever.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda, fixed.

They're not going to get rid of either Burt or Crawford. Naslund either. Not yet anyway. Crawford will have untill Christmas, I'm guessing, to have the ship running right. Morrison has been the c-hair stuck in Crows teeth all season so I'm betting he'll be the first one gone. Also, as much as I like the guy, Linden has to go. Compare what they got from Carter for roughly the same salary... Easy choice, lose Linden (I'm calling Retirement to save face) and re-sign the third Sedin.

Nonnis' mate, yellow visor, and the other 3 rent a "players" we picked up at the dead line that helped us to a 6-9-2 will all be gone as well. They'll maybe keep Burts twin, but hopefully Park will drive them all to the airport and keeping on going with them.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rid of Tuzzi, a shocking underperformer the last half of this year, to make salary cap room to acquire some younger players with heart.

Keep Crawford, and Naslund (though look for Naslund to retire from the NHL this year...he'll be playing in Europe by Sept.), and also sign Jovo, the Twin "sisters" and the "bro", since they were the only ones putting out any effort, despite being ignored by the coaching during the stretch.

Crawford may be blamed for keeping Tuzzi and Naslund as #1 line, but maybe it wasn't coaching incompetence, but instead because of the court case against Tuzzi, and the feeling of needing to "pay Tuzzi back" for not saying that it was the Coach that made him go out and hit Moore? If the Moore case makes it into court and to the point where witnesses start being called, and Tuzzi is on the stand, and he says that the Coach told the team to "do something about Moore", (or something like that), and Tuzzi just did as he was told...the whole court case takes a major turn...against Crawford and the Canucks. That would be disastrous. (Just a guess, no real facts...). With Tuzzi gone, the air is cleared and the real coaching can begin.

What a crappy year.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is ZERO chance the "Tuzzi" (are you kidding for fcuk sakes?) vs Moore trial will ever hit the courts. There is no doubt by all 'hockey experts' this will be settled behind closed doors.

"Tuzzi" (I just want to kick you for that) is the least of the Canucks worries, He just happens to be the most expensive. Look for the Auld - Cloutier debate to heat up big time come September. They'll get great value, I think, for Auld right now. He was good for a shoc-king goal a game but really upped his stock.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much appreciated K.

As for the Auld vs. Cloutier decision, it should only be deciding who will backup Noronen.

I thought Carney was shocking personally. Maybe it's just because his mistakes stick out more than his great plays, if there were any.
I can't get that image of his little shovel pass on to the stick of any opposing player in the neutral zone to send on them on a breakaway the other direction

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Nonis said today that they will be keeping Noronen.

And Noronen will back up Roberto Luongo, who they'll get from Florida in some sort of Bertuzzi/Cloutier trade. Nonis learned from his mentor Brian Burke (tried both Potvin and Cloutier with not great results) and Burke's mentor Pat Quinn (Kirk Mclean) that you put your stamp on a team by getting a #1 goalie. Nonis sat on Hockey Night in Canada After Hours a couple of months ago and, when asked who he thought was the #1 goalie around right now or who would you want as your goalie in Game 7 or something, Nonis stated without hesitation Roberto Luongo. If ever a GM tipped his hand, that was it. We'll see, of course, but I would not be at all surprised if Nonis makes a serious attempt at Luongo.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't figure this team out, All I know is when you have a guy who played in the ECHL playing more then Linden, then your team is in trouble, Burrows is crap they don't have enough NHL depth up front that is proven, come on Bouck? Burrows, Park, Ruuttu, even Kesler are you kidding me and on the backline after Ohlund, Jovo, Salo you really have a shoty D I liked Baumgartner at times but he's a 6 or 7 guy Allen adds toughness but after that it's a crap shoot, I would hate to play for this team in this market, trade this guy, trade that guy, that's all I hear and who the fcuk do you think we will get back for these guys??? another teams problems, with hopes they can figure it out on this shite team, we should take a page from the Red Wings book, as much as it kills me to say it, I hate the Wings but at least they know how to run a Hockey club.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rid of Tuzzi, a shocking underperformer the last half of this year
If anyone thinks Bertuzzi is an underperformer they don't know hockey. He has been in the NHL for 11 years and has had 1 and a half good seasons. Otherwise he is well under a point per game in his career. His numbers reflect his talent level. He is no longer a "potential" type player. Face it the fans here expect him to achieve over his level.

Keep Bertuzzi and get some players around him or trade him. Morrison is a second centre at best. Naslund is a scorer not a set up man. Ruutu is crap as is Cooke. Get rid of one as you only need one guy to annoy the other team. Linden will either retire or take a huge cut in pay so he can stay here. Per minute played he outscored most Canucks this season.

Cloutier is done here and the Canucks will do what it takes to move him and his salary. For the first time ever the Canucks have 2 good young talented goalies. As stated in this forum earlier Carter has been an average guy elsewhere for years. I think he will take a fair deal and stay here where he has chemistry with the twins.........hopefully we can make room for them.

Personally I think the biggest problem on this team is the complete lack of production from any of the 3rd or 4th line players. I can't even remember when they scored last.

A few moves are obviously going to happen but wholesale changes won't. Obviously it would be great to keep Jovo but is it realistic? He may be the only free agent to miss half a season and have his value actually increase. :)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't move any of the core just yet. If Jovo, Ohlund, and Salo don't get hurt at the same time making Steve Mccarthy the number 1 defenceman...if two thirds of their top line isn't fighting a nagging injury for most of the year...and if they aren't forced to play Oulette for three of four games to give Auld a break, then you're looking at the Northwest division champs.

People love to compare the Canucks to the "hard working" Flames, but without Kiprusoff, the Flames have 80 points.

Getting rid of Bert in the final year of his contract would be too risky. Players overachieve in the year prior to a new contract just like Bert did to get his current 6 mill, and just like the Sedins and Carter did this year. Worst case scenario you dump him near the trading deadline.

People in this city have a very selective and very short memory. Was is that long ago that we were reserving a spot for Naslund's jersey in the rafters while the Sedins were a bunch of slow skating floaters with cement hands who always fell on their asses?

How would you feel if after being your company's MVP for 5 years you were treated like a piece of crap because of one underachieving year?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone in here think the new rules actually hurt the canucks more than it helped them?Everyone talked about how the speedy canucks were going to love the new rule changes, well that's great to score goals but nobody thought about how it was going to wreak havoc on their defensive roles.

Canucks as a team averaged more goals per game this year than last year, but they also allowed more goals per game.
To me that stinks of defensive issues, whether it's forwards or defenseman.

Bert, Nazzy, and Mo were a combined -37 for the season.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see Park, and one of auld or cloutier gone, morrison, maybe rutuu, get rid of linden and yellow visor. I would resign everybody else, perhaps get some fresh blood behind the bench if that is a factor which nonis should know better then me. That should leave plenty of room for a top line center and with a raised cap a few more quality players. Give this team a chance to reflect and come back fired up with something to prove. Tell the media in vancouver to shut the fukc up and quit creating problems for your own team. I don't know why players even play here to be honest, so quick to critize and jump on and off the band wagon. The most unloyal fan base its embarrassing. I wouldn't like playing somewhere where you get in a slump or your a top player in the NHL for years and your own fans are bashing your abilities to play or lead. Maybe a guy like Bert needs support rather then people calling him lazy or doubting his ability, athletes are confidence players, bashing them when they are down doesn't make Bert better. Give the core a chance to right the ship with some new blood and a real top line fukcing center, if it doesn't work trade bert

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
90% of teams that win the cup, or at least get to the finals, have a 'top drawer' goalie.

Trade all three of our present crop. Use Clouts(salary dump) and Bert to get Luongo. Auld and one of the pests(Ruuto, Cooke or Burrows)traded to fill Berts spot. Noronen and another pest (we really only need one)traded for a 3rd line defensive centre(a Peca type player).

Bring up Ouilette from the 'moose' as back up.

Then sign Francois Allaire from the Ducks.He's in his last year of a contract. He's the top goalie coach in the game and has worked with Luongo and Ouilette since they were kids. Look at his record... Patrick Roy for starters, then Giggy. Why are Carolina doing so well...Gerber is a big part of that and he spent time with Allaire in Anahiem.

Jovo, Salo, Ohlund, Allen, Boudoin, Baumgartner at the back.

Twins, Carter, Nazzy, Morrison plus the rest.

Average goalies have plagued this team since 94. Sort it out Nonis.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0