Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Most Butchered Words on TTP

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll start with one. The word is: D e f i n i t e l y . I have seen it in many bastardized versions but Guinness' latest version sent me over the top. Guinness' version: definatley

Simply retarded and over the top. We have spell check now don't we? Is spell check a Premium membership perk?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
its only for people who are willing to pay for knvb's diapers.....................

............and his kids!!!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say "your & you're" get misused quite a bit.

Eg. Your welcome

Attachments

• your welcome.jpg
    your welcome.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 85

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"of" instead of "have"

could of, must of...

I was going to mention "maybe" but I see someone already has above...at least I hope you're (another one) ttp'ing there TheRob.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
two many people using to or more quotes in they're takes, in order too explain who there pissing on.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bingo!!!! you could have abreviated the last one, but that works too. this thread could get interesting.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will admit to butchering the odd maybe or two in my day but I think it's what keeps me human really.

Then and than. Those two words are sodomized regularly here on TTP. "I was better than you back then."

Keeper invented a new word a little while ago while slagging the Meralomas' club crest. He created the word "encorporate". I guess teachers are allowed to do that.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My, doesn't Jinky have quite the memory? Much like an elephant. Then again, there are many things about him that are much like an elephant.

Christ living in England and forever "retired" from TTP, that had to be at least 5 years ago. I guess teachers are allowed to do that as students. Just let it go, man. Let it go.

My recent favourite: Natzi.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know quite what you're going on about in the second sentence keeper but as for the first one, I'd rather be fat than be as fcuking stupid as you any day.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
My, doesn't Jinky have quite the memory? Much like an elephant. Then again, there are many things about him that are much like an elephant.
Keeper,

Don't know how many times I've read your same "piss-take" aimed at Jinky. Quality :rolleyes:.

Keeper said:
Just let it go, man. Let it go.
Physician heal thyself.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
two many people using to or more quotes in their takes, in order too explain who they are pissing on.

Argyle said:
Are these the other two walls?:rolleyes:

What about the whom? As in "whom they are pissing on."

We all know that "whom" is the object of the preposition "on" don't we?

It's not just me, is it?

Anyhow, what irks me to no end involves people guessing when to use a semicolon.

It appears that people love to use them in order to look educated; however, these people do not seem to know that, in most instances, you require a complete sentence on both sides of the semicolon.

Grammer King,

Dial

Yes, I know it's spelled grammar. Thanks for pointing that out.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Ridiculous" gets pretty mangled around here. I've seen "ridicules", "rediculos" and a host of others, none of which were very pretty.

Those posters who like to use semicolons (incorrectly) should do what I do, and revert to the dash - it's a lot less formal (grammatically speaking) and doesn't require a complete sentence on either side of it.

On a side note, I've been pushing for a TTP Spelling Bee for quite some time now. We could have a "short bus/hockey helmet" division featuring Walls, KNVB and Luc Van Lierde. That'd be fun.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before even reading your rediculous post I knew the word and that my name would some how be associated. You don't know what it's like being me. I'm going to eat your children.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i believe that REGS was the wank riding the short bus; then he decided to post that "off side" picture of that poor little girl.
......with a brain as soft as his, he should probably be wearing the helmet too!
....and by the way SH.........i think the propper terminology is hyphen......but you're right.....dash sounds way more sophisticated ;) .

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else did you learn in 2nd grade Walls? That's actually an n-dash, the smaller cousin of the m-dash "—" and in Sensei's example is not used as a hyphen at all. You can study about them here.

The semicolon can also be used as a "super comma" to seperate lists of things:

We visited Pago Pago, Western Samoa; Curitiba, Brazil; and St. George, Utah.

I learned this last night after reading the prescriptive post of 911. Apparently there are other accepted uses of it as well that can be found here.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0