Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TheRob's COTW 2006/2007

Who will be the COTY?

• Trevor Linden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Cooke

• Willie Mitchell

• Mattias Ohlund

• Other

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is that time again.

I will post who I believe to be the COTW(Canuck of the Week)every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Or sometime the following week.

Why do I get the feeling I will be typing Roberto Luongo's name quite a bit this year. :(

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week One is in the books. The Canucks are sitting at a respectable 2 -1. That is due to the stellar play of a few players. Let's recognize them now.

The Sedin's and Naslund have played great. Luongo has been nothing short of brilliant. Mitchell is coming around and Salo, and Ohlund have been solid.

This weeks COTW is, you guessed it. Roberto Luongo. He was brilliant in Columbus and Detroit. It is good to not have to tense up when the other team comes across the Canucks blue line.

Runners Up: The Sedin's, and Naslund.

Discuss.

Please.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to agree with the first two but I would put Salo as number 3. He is going to have to step it up this year and if he plays anything like he did the first week, we won't be able to afford him next year and he'll be gone to:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The COTW for the last little bit is Taylor Pyatt. He has already scored five more goals than anyone thought he would, and he is gelling nicely with the Sedin's.

Anson who?

Runners up are: Luongo(of course), and Sami Salo(VERY important to this team. Too bad this is his last year as a Canuck)

Discuss!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to say Pyatt or the Sedin's would be COTW, which is proof that pretty much any big body that has some hands can score with the Sedin's. Carter's got like 1 goal this year, on pace for 10, with Pyatt coming out of nowhere, on pace for 40. Canucks can sign a new winger every year for dirt cheap and the Sedin's are going to turn him into a 30+ goal scorer.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks game tonight. Going to go on record and say by far the most entertaining game so far this year. Get to watch Ovenchicken play, by far the most exciting offensive display by the Canucks this year (despite the lack of finish). Great saves at both ends, big hits a fight, then a SO win to top it off. Sorry if I'm rambling fella's but this team is starting to look f*cking good, despite the killer instinct on offence!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pyatt is making it easy to forget about another big winger they used to have.

Good win, and watching Ovechkin was a treat.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
These are all good players but honestly and I think TheRob mentioned it, Salo is the biggest player this year so far. He had big shoes to fill with losing Jovo. He has played solid all around and is active on the score sheet.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
These are all good players but honestly and I think TheRob mentioned it, Salo is the biggest player this year so far. He had big shoes to fill with losing Jovo. He has played solid all around and is active on the score sheet.

And how is Jovo doing in Phoenix?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
And how is Jovo doing in Phoenix?

Who the fukc cares?? He was big part of vancouver's success and Salo had big shoes to fill.....not mention my pick for the Canucks early success!!

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's been rumours of the Canucks trying to sign Salo to an extension, but looking at what some defenceman got this summer he could easily command 3.5 - 4.5 mil. I doubt we'll see Sami back in Vancouver next year due to the cap, but if we do it would probably be at the cost of letting Kesler's 1.9 mil salary go elsewhere.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LSD said:
There's been rumours of the Canucks trying to sign Salo to an extension, but looking at what some defenceman got this summer he could easily command 3.5 - 4.5 mil. I doubt we'll see Sami back in Vancouver next year due to the cap, but if we do it would probably be at the cost of letting Kesler's 1.9 mil salary go elsewhere.

I agree, one of these times the Canucks are going to have to swallow the big pay raise or this team will never be a contender!!

Not that they ever have been so far:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sedin's are TR'sCOTW for this week. I had to pick someone. :-(

Runners up are: The Sedin's. Othere than those two and Pyatt, no one has done much.

Discuss.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks I think need to put Nazy back with the twins for a stretch in order to help Nazy get out of his funk. These line combos are not working well right now.

What happened to that energy and work rate seen earlier?

Aso, can we get rid of Bieksa (sp?)? Fcuk I hate that guy (look up "that guy" on wikipedia and you will find a picture of Sopel - not a good sign) :mad:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Canucks I think need to put Nazy back with the twins for a stretch in order to help Nazy get out of his funk. These line combos are not working well right now.

What happened to that energy and work rate seen earlier?

Aso, can we get rid of Bieksa (sp?)? Fcuk I hate that guy (look up "that guy" on wikipedia and you will find a picture of Sopel - not a good sign) :mad:

Your a bright man Reg, couldn't have said it better myself.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0