Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that make you say WTF?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This could go in a few threads, but this one seems most appropriate.

Issue: Passing the ball up the middle from the keeper to someone under pressure. In today's game of control this happens all the time. Almost every game I see it go wrong, frequently costing the team a goal, or a gift of a major opportunity to your opponent.

First, the keeper is arguably the least skilled at passing of all players on the field. Second, the pass has to be pefectly timed, and placed. Then, the recipient has to get it safely and put it onto someone safely. So many things can and do go wrong here (pass too soft/strong, off target, receiver player slips, poor first touch, ball takes a bad bounce, etc.).

I get that Barca (especially in the Messi era) and City do this. They are the best at control and screw up the least. And, even if they do screw up, they are likely going to put 3 in the net to beat you (Oiler's offense strategy in the Gretzky era).

I am shocked all the computer modeling and advanced strategy has teams doing this. Seriously, WTF?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is brilliant and typical. Need more responses like Sean Strickland to stupid reporter questions!

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts