Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tibetan Monks meet the Beastie Boys...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing better than hitting a Beastie Boys concert in an Asian country.

The Tibet Freedom Concert was held in Taipei on Sunday. Man oh man, as old as these guys may be, they were fantastic. I can't really discribe it to a "T", and we've all been to vibrant concerts, but this one takes the cake. They played a few classics but mostly brilliant new stuff.

I think every North American living in Taiwan hit the "the old Smoke Factory" for this outdoor concert. (I actually felt like I was in Vancouver at an "Arts County Fair" or a "Road Side Attraction" concert). Except better.

You know the guys are old when the stage presence was tame, and they kept stopping songs to STOP the crowd surfing and slam dancing.
Mike D was actually quoted to say "guys, people are getting hurt out there so let's leave the slam dancing back in the 90's and make up your own dance." This was followed up by a VERY white version on Mike D breakin' on the floor. :rolleyes:

Well worth it and very EN-TER-TAIN-ING! (only $30 Canadian smacks!)

All in all, I want to know about other great concerts you TTPers have been to in other great cities besides Vancouver:) (I think we have done this before, but we'll give it another whirl!)

"My name is Mike D and I'm about to get downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... HIT IT!"

+SCinandoout:wa:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the Beasties after Hello Nasty came out. They played PC with Tribe Called Quest, which happened to be the last show of the last tour that they were doing together as a group. Q-Tip went all solo and shite and started making jiggy music after that. Anyways, the Beasties rocked the set. Still my favourite act of all time. They got Q-Tip on stage at the end to do a live version of "Get It Together" which was dope.

Seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle five years ago was a good one. Note to others: do not tell border patrol your purpose for entering the US is to go see Pearl Jam, unless you enjoy being detained while they ransack your vehicle for illegal substances.

Other notable shows: Radiohead/Spiritualized at PC, Blackalicious/Michael Franti/Spearhead at the Whistler Convention Center (the most fcuked-up crowd I've ever been a part of), Slayer at the Commodore (no, wait, this was the most fcuked-up crowd I've ever been a part of), and Everlast and 2 Skinee J's at The Rage. If only for the reason that Everlast saw me wearing my House of Pain tee-shirt at the bar and gave me a fist-pound for it. Everlast sounds like he gargles with sandpaper.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van the Man

Van Morrison in a 2000 seater auditorium in Belfast, last October. That man may be an old drunken grumpy jerk, but pure class show. Almost 3hrs, rates #2 next to the Boss.

Also seen U2 in Belfast in 1982, in a small club, fantastic show, just on the eve of them going global.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ice T in Seattle

I saw Pearl Jam in Seattle and Vancouver as well, but Ice T in a small pub in Pionneer Square takes the cake. A fluke that he happened to be playing at the club next door, we slipped in the back door for a mere $5 American.(in 1999 I think)

Ice T can be my Pusher anytime, right Dial 9-1-1?

I still say Ben Harper was another magic show in Australia:wa: (He can steal my kisses anytime)

+SC'snopusher:eek:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vanilla Ice and Maestro Fresh Wes was at the Barfly tonite.

Nothing could be better than that!!!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Move with the Meistro...

Can someone fill us in? I heard Vanilla went hard rock, what's up with that?

I saw Meistro, Young MC, Tone Loc, and Public Enemy at the Orphuim back in 1990 when The Apprentice was born. It was a great show especially seeing the look on some chaperone/babysitter's face when Public broke out into

"Hey hey we want some P*ssy":D

So much for an all ages show:rolleyes:

+SCwithmemories:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0