Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Timbers into 2015 MLS Cup final

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, but now we are splitting hairs. Besides, The MLS Season, as discussed, is ridiculously long as it is, but even compressed, you'd never lose June or September. For example, next year you can't realistically expect the MLS to shut down for Euros. No way. That will affect some teams, surely (though not as many as the WC would).

Besides, and again, different leagues, different markets. If you shut down too often for international play, you will lose your a big part of your core fan base (self-centered Americans) who simply don't care. And, in Europe, travel is very much an easy thing, not here. It's apples and oranges. BUT, I think there should be some allowances and efforts to avoid conflict as much as possible. What you want is not realistic, IMO...but if you have a solution, let's hear it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you suggesting the MLS takes a break for every WC qualifying period on the international calendar? How realistic is that?
That was your original question to me which I've answered.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mrs. Dude? Is that you? Honey, I've told you, I just don't have it in me to decipher your code. And please get off TTP.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts