Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today’s Poll Question 4 days late – Bicycling

Is Bicycling a sport?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today’s Poll Question 4 days late – Bicycling

With the Tour De Frog now in it’s 17th of 20234th stage who actually thinks biking through the mountains is a sport? What’s the proper definition of sport and does this type of event classify? Would we even give a shite about the Tour if it wasn't an American winning?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the DCS drivel that is happening these days, does anyone here think that darts is an actual sport? What’s the proper definition of sport and does this type of event classify? Would we even give a shite about the DCS if it wasn't a Cnut winning?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have voted "OTHER"... Some cycling is a sport...for example various forms of BMX riding, Mountain biking, but I have to say riding a girl bike across some ridiculous course for 92 days in a country that smells like pit-cheese doesn't get my complete vote.

I would consider it more of a sport if they did it riding a 1970's bike with the replica gas tank and with Gretzky Rookie in the spokes.... Last one to lose his card is the winner!

PS: Banana Seats are also a course requirement.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
With all the DCS drivel that is happening these days, does anyone here think that darts is an actual sport? What’s the proper definition of sport and does this type of event classify? Would we even give a shite about the DCS if it wasn't a Cnut winning?
I've always considered Darts a game not a sport, but some will say if you're competing against another player it's a sport. I view it as competing against yourself and the board, but with that reasoning then golf would be a game and not a sport and I've always thought of golf as a sport. What about ping pong? Is it game or a sport? Isn't it the same as Tennis?

I can't seem figure out whats a sport or a game. I know my wife plays games but then tells me a I'm a good sport about it all. A guy could go crazy. I'm so confused...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a rhetorical question, Beaker? It's obvious to me. Any endeavour in which one has to take massive amounts of performance enhancing drugs such as EPO, human growth hormone and Nair hair remover has to be a sport. Maybe if you were more aerodynamic (shaved your body hair) and wore pink ball-huggers you'd be more successful at darts. Probably be a little less homosexual looking too.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Dap.

Plus, if it involves elements such as strategy, offense, defence, anaerobic, and aerobic activities, it's a sport.

So you've dropped the Fastyisms and have picked up Dibbleisms?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Is this a rhetorical question, Beaker? It's obvious to me. Any endeavour in which one has to take massive amounts of performance enhancing drugs such as EPO, human growth hormone and Nair hair remover has to be a sport. Maybe if you were more aerodynamic (shaved your body hair) and wore pink ball-huggers you'd be more successful at darts. Probably be a little less homosexual looking too.
Shaving your entire body shouldn't just be about aerodynamics anymore that's such a poor misconception and to be honest Dap, I've always looked stunning in Lycra though the problem is with such form fitting clothing is you're subject to the old adage... let the chips fall where they may or in this case balls. Complete aerodynamics sometimes can't always be achieved. In fact ,some weeks especially, I don't have any lonely house wives waiting for their seminars on washing machines to attend and I'd be better off dragging a couple of medicine ball off the back of my bike.
Plus, if it involves elements such as strategy, offense, defence, anaerobic, and aerobic activities, it's a sport.
So does shagging my missus, but do you hear me calling it a sport? Certainly not with the amount of games I have to play to get started. I'm of the mind if there isn't someone trying to stop you from scoring, then it's not really a sport. Though on the other side of the coin would an angry husband count as someone trying to stop you from scoring?

The more this debate rages on the more confused I get.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see you've put a lot of tought into this.

Golf, btw, isn't a sport. It is as much a sport as curling.

Also, only geeks and lonely house wives curl.

Anyhow, to clear you up a little, a sport- or game, for that matter- must involve both a winner, and a loser. In this case:

So does shagging my missus, but do you hear me calling it a sport?

...there are only two losers.

Hope that helps.

~Dr.Phil- off to the curling rink to council Mrs. Beaker.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that any time there is a possbility one could get seriously hurt while participating then it is a sport. This would apply to you shagging the old lady, Beaker. Of course, you probably never get past the qualification stages anyway but that's another story.

As well, if there is hot French chicks handing over the trophy/jersey/whatever for first place then it must be a sport. Its the law. You know, I dated a French chick and learned a little Francais. Oui! Oui! Oui! Oui! doesn't really come in that handy too often though.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0