Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 7 Driving Tunes

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to a recent survey, Bryan Adams' Summer of '69 tops the list of best driving songs.
The mid-1980s tune topped the list of seven suggested songs among men and women, according to a Decima Research survey of 1,000 Canadians.

British Columbians were divided between the song by Adams, a former Vancouver resident, and the Stones classic.
Who suggested these songs? Why were they picked?

The List:
1. Summer of '69 -- Bryan Adams
2. Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
3. Born to be Wild -- Steppenwolf
4. It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It) -- The Rolling Stones
5. Drive My Car -- The Beatles
6. Free Fallin' -- Tom Petty
7. Radar Love -- Golden Earring

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=a75daa57-b42c-43d0-8c90-8db4f290b100

Any thoughts on which would've been better?

Van Halen's Panama is the first to come to mind. And what about Deep Purple's Space Trucking?

Summer of '69? Puh-leez.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of the 1000 Canadians i would like to know how many were related to Bryan Adams.

Canadian Content laws at work here or what.

Of 7 suggested songs. Bullshit. Tom Petty, Bryan Adams, Terrible.

I wonder if they are all owned by the same record company and this a means to weasel out some more record sales and radio ariplay or simple buzz about some songs thet they feeel they can still make some money out of.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You missed some key words in that quote Keeper. I've done a search and fixed it for you.
The mid-1980s tune topped the list of seven suggested songs among men and women, according to a Decima Research survey of 1,000 55 year old Canadians.

British Columbian were divided between the song by Adams, a former Vancouver resident, and the Stones classic.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
how about "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits? it has and always will be a classic......

the gitar riffs are priceless...
manager

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mid-1980s tune topped the list of seven suggested songs among men and women, according to a Decima Research survey of 1,000 Canadians.

That's a perfect sized sample to get an idea of all of Canada's feelings.
:rolleyes:

For us, (us being my family) the whole Barney Bentall Greatest Hits CD is a must every road trip.
Something to Live For, Living in the 90's, etc.

Speaking of Music, TR, hurry up copy my Def Leppard and give it back.
:mad:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0