Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tri-Cities Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kind of a MWSL topic... who is the GM of this new team? :D

What league is this team supposed to be a part of anyways?

~Regs.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Xtreme info

That would be me. Gonna take a shot at running a womens team in this town the way it should be run. We're going to make this as professional a venture as possible, short of paying the players.

The team will play in the PCSL, which is a highly under-rated league, particularly on the women's side. The Seattle team is one of the best in the US, and Surrey is, well, Surrey and they always field strong sides.

We're going to provide a high-level, pro-like alternative to players who choose not to play or are not chosen to play for the Breakers.

Frankly, what makes the Breakers a professional team? They get road trips? The players aren't paid a dime. So really what is the difference between the Breakers and the MWSL? It's all perception. If we sell this right, we'll be succesful.

The Breakers are a very good team in a poor circuit. The W-League western division is horribly weak. The WPSL, the California-based league the Angels played in, is considered a higher-calibre league, and attracts many of the best college players. The Breakers roster is very much similar to the Angels. The Angels were a .500 team in the WPSL. One thing we're going to try to do is set up some games between the Xtreme and a WPSL side or two. I don't know if we can swing it from a cost perspective. We're not swimming in money by any means. We expect to run this first year on a shoe string budget.

Of course, we might fall flat on our face, but it's a new challenge. At the very least it will be interesting.

If anyone wants to know anything they can PM me, or e-mail me at tricitiesxtreme@hotmail.com.

FBmuchbettermanagerthanheisacoach...Ihope:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
clarification.........

As a keen suporter of women's football please clarify for me whether or not the name of this new side is Extreme F.C., Extreme United, Extreme Atheletic, Extreme Sporting Club of Tri-Cities, or Tri-Cities Extreme City? Hopefully there will also be merchandise available for purchase as well? I'd like to get my Christmas shopping for 2003 done as quickly as possible, you see.

Good luck with it, Fastshow.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty, you didn't tell me..

that we were exchanging this year... I was so disappointed with the last time we met, I never got your gift :eek: ;)

+SC

Sounds like the Angel, Breaker, Explorer and Surrey U. regular summer gig to me... Good luck spreading the talent! :rolleyes:

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extreme? Interesting!

Well, another summer team to spread the talent around.......JK FB:D

I wish you all the best in this venture. Anyone wanting to push women's soccer to a higher level is great in my books! I am just curious why? Despite being a solid league with great talent, there are not as many "fans" around to watch in the summer......(and pay admission?) which is what you need if you hope to cover any of your costs.....and none of these PCL teams make tons of cash. Unless you have a sugar daddy in your back pocket! With all due respect to your efforts, I think you will lose a few more sleepless nights worrying about paying for that Holiday Inn in Kamloops to play against the summer version of the local college team (UCC)......but I guess with Danny on board coaching, it will basically just be the Canadians 'A' summer team staying in shape for Nationals (if they get there):confused: :rolleyes:

Good luck though......I'll be watching. It might be from the bushes next to Town Centre to avoid the $2 admission......but I'll be watching
:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ambitious or stupid? You be the judge

First let me make one thing clear before any preconceived notions are formed by the local playing community as well as potential supporters: The Tri-Cities Xtreme are not going to be Burnaby Canadians Lite. The Burnaby Canadians have NOTHING to do with this venture.

While we certainly appreciate CD's confidence, the Lady Caps haven't won anything yet, so forming this team as a warm-up for Nats would be a tad on the pretentious side - not to mention potential "come back to haunt us" material!

Obviously, given Danny's and my current roles for winter, there are likely to be a few Canadians on the Xtreme. But then again, the team is the two-time defening BC champs, so that's not out of line. But we'd love to sign some players from other teams as well. Some US college players. Even some Breakers.

My objective with this team is to offer an alternative to the Breakers for both players and local soccer fans, who are seeking that "professional" experience. I think, in time, we can be as successful as the Angels were in this area. They of course had the luxury of the novelty of being the first women's "pro" team. But I think that we can re-establish that connection with the soccer community in the Tri-Cities, particularly the young girls and their parents.

We'll just have to wait and see how this goes. And thanks to those of you that have wished us luck - I appreciate it.

FBlookingatmanyasleeplessnightandmanymoregreyhairs

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is Funny that the Name is the Xtreme

I remember being at Nationals with Danny and we sat down and talked to the Canadian Sr. Womens Soccer Coach, after a coaches meeting.

He was trying to explain to us the kind of player that he was looking for at the National Level.

He said that he was looking for "Extreme players, players with Extreme speed, Extreme jumping ability, and Extreme skill". (insert acsent when saying this line, it will sound much funnier)

I could hardly hold myself back from laughing out loud.

It sounded like he wanted a team for the Extreme Games, not a Soccer Team.

But now that Name has come up again, and I am sure that all the girls on the Tri-Cities Extreme will get a good look from the National level.

HOS

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said that he was looking for "Extreme players, players with Extreme speed, Extreme jumping ability, and Extreme skill". (insert acsent when saying this line, it will sound much funnier)
Don't forget about "extreme throw-ins.":D

ExtremeHOSandExtremeFBdidmuchExtremedrinkinginTO:wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extreme Players

"Extreme Kicking too" Too funny

That guy is a classic.

When is the big Bby Girls Christmas Shacker this year, is HOS invited?

HOHOHO

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hope it works

I hope that the Extreme Team gives other women a chance at the National level as you say. From what I have heard and seen, the National level players are made up more by who they are or what team they play on, rather than how skilled they really are.

Let's hope it opens up the pool of players that are really capable of being national players.

Good Luck FB

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
qualify

dont you qualify to play in the little girls league

;) ;) :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sid

yoooodddddaaaaa

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tri-Cities Xtreme 2004

Fat Bastard said:
Don't know if I am allowed to post this here, but the MWSL kicked me off their bulletin board so we're kind of looking for a place to post the following notice.

Thanking Regs in advance for his kindness.
Once again, a big thanks to Regs and my fellow TTP'ers for their patience in tolerating this post. :)
Perhaps you would like to consider a yearly donation of, say, a paltry $35 to TTP for allowing and tolerating your post? It would turn your username from the kind of blue people laugh at to the kind of green everyone aspires to as well.

:)

That's the only time you will ever find me using a fcuking emoticon.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps they kicked you off because you were advertising? :rolleyes:

I've emailed you before looking for info from you and was ignored, why would I do you a favour here?

If the Vancouver Youth Soccer Association can put up bucks to find a couple of new coaches, your mob could and should do the same for players.

It's not like you're not familar with how things work around here.

Do not post a rebuttal on TTP, this issue is not up for debate

You can either email or PM me if you want to discuss.

Thread closed.

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0