Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie [TTP Bookie Event] FVSL Div. 1 League Leader - Christmas 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[TTP Bookie Event] FVSL Div 1 League Leader - Christmas 04'

1 Aldergrove United 8 6 2 0 17 6 20
2 DFC Razorbacks 8 5 2 1 26 14 17
3 GEU Black Knights 8 4 2 2 21 10 14
4 Surrey Sporting 8 4 2 2 22 15 14
5 DMU Highlanders 7 3 4 0 9 6 13
6 SFC Rangers 8 3 2 3 12 10 11
7 PoCo Raiders 7 2 1 4 6 14 7
8 Port Moody Fury 8 1 3 4 13 16 6
9 LUFC United 8 1 0 7 7 24 3
10 North Delta Players 8 1 0 7 5 23 3

For a complete list of upcoming games, please refer to the FVSL schedule here:

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/Schedules/dis9.htm

Aldergrove

What can be said about Aldergrove? This is a mucker team if I ever saw one and I play for the Rangers so I have. You know what? It must be working for them. A few of their guys said that if they got past the Rangers last weekend, they had the league sewed up. They did, so do they?

Razorbacks

One word can be used to describe this team. Wade is fast. Wade scores all the goals. Take him out of the game and I doubt they'd be anywhere near where they are. Trapper has been on fire though. (Someone really should put him out) He can keep them out, but he can't score them. Or can he?

Black Knights

They came in with attitude. They beaked off. They have Luc. No one really gave them a chance to do anything and who would they have Luc after all. When it comes right down to it, they may be the most skilled team in the division but the question I ask you is, do they have the heart and the experience to win the division, and make a case for Premier? I very much doubt it but I'm German what do I know?

Surrey Sporting

Quite simply put, I believe their bubble will burst. That, and they wear mittens. Enough said.

Highlanders

STD plays for this team. How they are in the top five is beyond me. They have been consistant though. Ties are their achillies heal and could come back to bite them in the arse eventually. Fcuk, I can't believe they are in the top five. Not for long though.

Rangers

They've gone through a major rebuild this year. All the old guys moved on to greener pastures and left Stepchild and Kurty to pick up the pieces. The boys have had some good games but can't score. You don't score, you don't win. Simple. Sure wish we had a guy like Wade. What do you say Wade? We'll pay your registration fees. We have a really big fish cooler?

Port Moody Fury

Suspect goalkeeping will keep these guys out of the top five. They do run a lot though. That is annoying when teams do that. Especially against us overaged Rangers. We don't like to run. Not at all. I figure they will stay in the bottom half this year. We all know 6th and up is the top of the league, so I guess they are bottom feeders. Good luck to them.

Poco Raiders

One year ago they were battling for promotion. This year, they are battling to stay in Div. 1. Rumour has it this team doesn't practice. They show up on Sunday's and play on that half acre field of theirs. It's showing this year.

Delta Players

This is where everyone sort of thought the Knights would be. Battling the Players to see who would go back to Div. 2 and their rightful place in the grand scheme of things. The Players do play a decent brand of soccer. They seem to have the same problem as the Rangers. Can't score. Good luck in Div. 2 next year. Thanks for coming.

LUFC

I don't think anyone saw this coming. They did struggle a little last year, but no one expected the entire team to leave. There is one, maybe two guys left over from last year. The latest blurb on the FVSL homepage says it all.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those who have never seen this it's called a bookie event. There is an entire section dedicated to professional games on the main page if you fancy enough to look for it. TheRoberto decided to bring a little bit of the 'big time' to the FVSL and let you guys bet on Who will be king of the castle come the Christmas break.

You can all see your token totals on the left hand side by your name and you can bet as much or as little on the team you feel will be league leaders. Remember, this isn't a poll and those tokens don't come back (unless you win) so bet wisely not with you heart. (There is an option to hide your bet from the public for those of whom are perhaps high ranking and important FVSL or a Ranger betting for Aldergrove. Just click the box that says hide your bet)

Different odds for different teams any questions post them here and we'll answer them ASAP.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betting is open until November 14th - 7:00pm. This gives the league appox. 6 weeks until the Christmas break. Whomever bets for the team that is on top wins. Ties with equal games played are decided on goal difference.

Have at er'

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard not to bet on Aldergrove....after this weekend, they have some easy games coming up.
Pretty confident the will add at least 12 points before Christmas.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cmon. You've got to offer at least 1000,000:1 odds for LUFC and North Delta. If they win all six games they'll still only have 21 points. You'd then have to hope that all other games get abandoned with no points or minus points being the penalty. Or you'd have to hope that Suckit, in his quest to deliver in 30 minutes or less, drives his Chevy Chevette through Aldergroves' and the Razorbacks' changing rooms.

-I also expect higher odds for a team that has STD on it.

-If Zaurrini could score as often as be claims he would, then my money would be on the Rangers. But then they'd also have to cut TR's playing time in half.

-And...if there is no correlation between literacy and soccer skills, then my money is on the Knights.

I patiently await your responses. ;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
After hours of researching and going over the standing, schedules, team matchups, team histories I have finally made an educated bet that I feel is a safe one. Sure the Highlanders have STD on the team but despite this obvious disadvantage we (the skilled and talented players STD not included) have learned to overcome this disability. I feel my token is safe and cannot wait to reap the rewards from my bet.

TR I would normally have to reply to your unprovoked attack but I feel after the recent attack you have recieved you may be a little sensitive and I don't want to make you cry. So to you TR I say have a nice day.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
-If Zaurrini could score as often as be claims he would, then my money would be on the Rangers. But then they'd also have to cut TR's playing time in half. I patiently await your responses. ;)

Sorry, i missed this.....until now.

I NEVER SAID I COULD SCORE!!!!

I'll meg you ....twice. ..... but, I have been on break aways....shots from outside the 18....goal mouth scrambles....I even cut my hair to match TheRobs!
And, you guessed it. Nothing.

This time, I am going to try something different.

not sure yet....but, I might try putting my right boot on first.
Crazy. i know....but thats how i am .....crazy. :rolleyes:

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
.... Or you'd have to hope that Suckit, in his quest to deliver in 30 minutes or less, drives his Chevy Chevette through Aldergroves' and the Razorbacks' changing rooms.

I patiently await your responses. ;)

yeah ... thats a burn, y..e..a..h...., that was really well thought out. you got me man, this time you really did it..... yup, 30 minutes or less in a chevette. awesome. :rolleyes: you are over the age of 10, right? i mean they wouldn't make you the moderator of the kiddie chat room if you weren't!!!? keep up the good work BUT make sure the teenagers don't get outta hand. ;)

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rob: you missed port moody furys' quick breakdown. not that anyone really cares but if you don't mind i'll do the honours.

port moody

third from the bottom. team furrry led by their mighty sweeper (brandon simpson)was promoted to div 1 last year and faught to claim the last spot to maintain their div 1 position. much of the same this year, they are a bunch of young underskilled boys specializing in the art of packing 9 defencemen in the 18 yard box hoping for a chance to kick the ball out to their lone striker so he may beat 3 opposing defencemen on his quest to score. not much hope this year but if they can constantly keep from relegation, this team will be a force in 25 years. i've been spreading my seeds all through newport village and its only a matter of time. bird DO love champions. i'm living proof.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umm, yeah. I guess I did. Thanks for the writeup Suckit. I may paraphrase it. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0