Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[TTP Bookie] NHL - Canucks @ Wild 20071202

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Louie up for 4 in a row? First place in the Northwest is up for grabs...

Go Canucks!

Nucks are 14-9-2
Wild 14-9-2

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done by number 34 for the Wild ;)
gets the decision by TKO over Cowan 3 seconds in and takes Lu and the Nucks out with a GWG with Ritchie draped all over his back.

Then chirps in Ritchies face afterwards!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done by number 34 for the Wild ;)
gets the decision by TKO over Cowan 3 seconds in and takes Lu and the Nucks out with a GWG with Ritchie draped all over his back.

Then chirps in Ritchies face afterwards!

I don't know if I'd give him the decision in that fight, although he has been playing remarkably well for the Mild.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if I'd give him the decision in that fight, although he has been playing remarkably well for the Mild.

you must have picked up a rock or three after a game at Binnie if you think Voros didn't win that fight. Cowan got two or three good ones in in the middle of the scrap, but once Cowan went to his knees Voros got him three times on the honiker with short jabbing uppercuts...

apparently the linesman didn't like it.

three if his four goals have broken ties...clutch.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Even fight and thought Cowan won it if you ignore point #2 below
2. Cheap of Voros to keep punching after Cowan went down...no respect
3. Confirming his lack of respect, his after goal antics showed no class. Fired up or not you NEVER see that in this sport

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Whatever, apparently you never fought a proper hockey fight.
2. Cheap, like say umm...Oh;und two handing Koivu and only missing 4 games while Koivu has a broken leg?
3. No class? He is being hog tied by Ritchie and Kraijcek and he scores on his way to his back on the best goalie in the league...You tell me you wouldn't be fired up (keep in mind the Canucks humped the Wild the last two games they played, rivalries die when the one team gets pounded in the a55 with no lube over and over)

Sincerely, Wild fan in training...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. And I'm to believe that you have tons of experience in this department so you know better than I who won that fight? Were you in that fight? Must have missed you as I only saw Cowan and Voros :rolleyes:
2. Hey you can talk cheap all day long about other players and other incidents...but so we don't confuse you, we're talking about this particular cheap incident of a player still swinging as a guy is down and clearly the linesmen are jumping in. CHEAP no matter how you slice it.
3. As mentioned, I agree he's fired up and has every right to be, but his reaction after the goal is anti-code (much like the punching of a guy when a fight is over...seeing a pattern here? doubt it).

Not to worry as I'm sure your version of the events is totally correct and I'm wrong as there's no chance you're RELATED TO HIM or anything :confused:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question Johnny...will your wife get mad at you if you don't cheer on the bum? Voros is a goon and I can't wait till guys like him and other cheap players like Boogard, Cooke, Burrows, Avery, Tucker etc are no longer needed. I'd rather see players like Iginla who can protect themselves than have players that have marginal skill being there only to "protect" players. Less goons and cheap/energy players better hockey on display.

As for Ohlund yes it was cheap but if Koivu plays the puck instead of throwing an elbow to the head for no reason then that doesn't happen. Cheap play yes and normally two wrongs don't make a right but Koivu had it coming. I guess you can say instant karma somewhat.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's just funny that bluenose jumped on stalion21 about being on crack and bluenose is fcukin related to him and is the most biased of all. Unbelievable.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's true though, the crack is hard to get off of. I just wished he wouldn't let anyone know. JBN, stop being a Wild fan, it's just wrong, family or not ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Family or not, i played minor hockey with him since I was 6 untill he took off to Victoria, so he is a buddy.
biased, sure I am, doesn;t change the fact i played the game at a high level (not pro, but junior) and know exactly what was going to happen. The Wild got smoked by the Nucks in Vancouver 6-2. The game got chippy. Koivu got his leg smashed, Ohlund (one of my favorite canucks and usually classy guy) makes a mistake, but one the 'Nucks will pay for eventually. if one of the Wild went straight after Ohlund there would be suspensions all over the place, neither of these teams are the Flyers you know ;)

Cowan goaded Aaron into the fight, both guys said as much postgame. Voros dd what he had to do, it fired his team up, and at the end of the night the Wild got their two points. He also chipped in with the Game Winner.

Don't compare Tucker to the others...Even Cooke...Tucker and Cooke can play the game...Burrows is a mucker of the highest order, and Boogaard is a clown that can;t skate...He initimidates nobody, do you think Ohlund is scared of Boogaard!? He will not fight the boogeyhead, and Boogaard couldn't hit Ohlund if he tried, he can't skate. Avery can play, but is too big an idiot to seperate hockey from thuggery.

I for one, believe that there is no place in the NHL or Hockey for that matter, for the "Goon" especially in the Cap era. Teams should do their best to sign guys like Aaron Voros that can skate, chip in with a goal here and there, not look out of place for the ten-12 minutes a night they get, and can fight a little when need be (Jeff Cowan is another good example of the type of player I am referring to)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0