Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Event. Canada vs Brazil @ Qwest May 31st

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
***EDIT/ Event Cancelled due to lack of committment

Hey guys.

Lets see what the potential is for this TTP Event. Please only post whether or not you are interested or not. Please keep this piss taking to a minimum so I can keep track of demand for this.

We have 47 spots, and I will need to know within 2 weeks to make this a reality

Cost: $100 per person
What you get: Charter Bus trip from Langley Rallying Point (A Mall or School or Something) to Seattle Stadium District. We will be leaving around 7-8am to ensure we arrive in Seattle with plenty of time to go to grab food and bevvy's (Pyramid Brewery, Tailgating?, Etc) You will get you ticket, and the Bus Ride back to the Langley Rally Point.

Cost is based on full capacity of 47 people. You are welcome to invite non TTP'ers, your kids, whatever.

Let's see if we can get a good TTP Event going. Here is the information for the game below. I will coordinate with seeing about purchasing a block of 47 tickets through either the Promoter or the Whitecaps or the BCSA

BRAZIL NATIONAL TEAM TO VISIT SEATTLE, BOSTON IN PREPARATION FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS

Brazilian stars expected to travel in preparation for World Cup qualifiers

NEW YORK (Tuesday, April 29, 2008) – Soccer United Marketing today announced that five-time world champion Brazil will play two matches in the United States in 2008. On Saturday, May 31, Brazil will face Canada at Qwest Field in Seattle, Wash., and will then travel to the East Coast to face Venezuela in Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. on Friday, June 6, in a doubleheader with the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer in its regular season match versus FC Dallas.

Brazil is expected to call up its world-renown superstars such as Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato given its 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier match versus Paraguay on June 14, in Paraguay at Defensores del Chaco, a week after the U.S. tour.

May 31 – Brazil vs. Canada (Qwest Field, Seattle, WA)

In partnership with Seattle Sounders FC, SUM will organize the first match of the Brazilian National Team on Saturday, May 31 at Qwest Field. Kick off is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.

The last time that the Brazilian National Team played in Seattle was in May 1976 when they faced the USA League XI in a 2-0 win in the USA Bicentenary Cup. The last time that Canadian National Team played in Seattle was on July 9, 2005 in a 2-0 loss to the United States during the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Brazil’s all-time record against Canada is 1-1-0.

Canada, led by Houston Dynamo star Dwayne De Rosario and Deportivo la Coruña’s Julian de Guzmán, is currently preparing for the start of its 2010 World Cup Qualifying campaign against Saint Vincent and Grenadines on June 15 in Kingston, Jamaica before the return leg five days later in Montreal.

Tickets will go on sale Monday, May 5 at 10 a.m. Ticket prices range from $35-$125 and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 206.628.0888, visiting Seattle Sounders FC or Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, and in person at all ticketmaster outlets or the Qwest Field Box Office: Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. -2 p.m. Groups of 20 or more should call 1-877-MLS-GOAL.

Tickets will be available in advance of the general public on-sale for all Sounders FC season ticket holders. For information on Sounders FC season tickets please visit Seattle Sounders FC or call 1-877-MLS-GOAL

*************ONGOING EDIT*******
List of TTP'ers attending:
JohnnyBlueNose for 1 seats
Regs for 1 seat
kjohnsob for 1 seat
Suburbanator for 8 seats, maybe more
Lion for 10!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very interested...
IMO, if kids must go (I was a kid once) parents beware there will be plenty of foul language (ie) CNUT
Oh, and plenty of bevies!

What time would we be heading back to BC? Kick off is 7:30pm, we may all forget the match entirely if we start the tailgating at noon!!! ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay...here is more info...

I have done all the groundwork...But I am not, and neither is TTP going to bear the financial risk...this is a $4k-$5k risk.

I need to have 40-50 folks committed to pay within two weeks or this will not be a go.

I will post where I can be reached with a $100 personal cheque or cash. I will keep track of who paid me and I will rip up the personal cheque if directed to do so or if the event falls flat due to not enough committment. I will post where the cash or cheque can be dropped off to me or where i will be to receive the payment.

Kids do not need to go, of course the caveat will be that any kids going would be at the parents risk of understanding exactly what JC said above....foul language and bevvying is half the fun. :D But that being said, how many parents would love to give their kids a chance to see Kaka, Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Robinho, Diego, etc play live and in the flesh?! I would humbly suggest that you would want at least a PG-13 rating on the trip...How many kids have picked up the latest Grand Theft Auto video game ;) Let's face it...there will be immense talent on display...Even if Brazil plays it's "B-Team" which it won't since they are playing WC Qualifiers the next week and a half, it will still be a sight to behold Jo, Vagner Love, and Lucio, Gilberto, etc play.

The reason for leaving so early is to avoid a 3 hour wait at the border...the Sales guy at Quick Shuttle said it is a 3-3.5 hour trip if you leave at that time vs a 5 hour trip if you leave after 9am...

We don't have to do everything as a group once in the Stadium area...there are plenty of things to do and see in Downtown Seattle...the only thing we will be 100% together for is the ride down, the match, and the ride back, which will tentatively be departing Seattle to Canada at 10:30pm.

Since tix are not on sale as of yet, I am budgeting on a $50 ticket. Tix range in price from 35-125, but since we will buying a block of nearly 50 I expect decent tix at a discount (how much I am not aware)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN...I have no doubt you'll fill the bus, and folks...I did the last TTP event down there for the Man-U vs. Celtic game- and that was a fcuking blast. That being said, we did not have a bus, and it still cost us around $100.00.

Personally, I have two or three boys 9 years old that want to go, so I'll have to respectfully decline this opportunity- but will try my best to source out you drunkards while down there!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to go to this but have a Mtn. Bike race on the Sunshine Coast the same weekend.

Have fun whoever goes. If it's half as fun as ManU/Celtic, it will be a blast.

Enjoy!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am In most definitely and will check on my buddies tonight and see who is interested in a trip down etc.

This will give me a chance to prescout for my bros stag 3 weeks later.

:D

I will send JBN the info tommorrow and how many etc etc etc.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys please simply don't just post "in" or "out", Please also PM me with, if you are in, how many packages you are speaking for and include your name and phone number in the PM

I am tracking on an excel spreadsheet...

Cheers,

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gent's

Masster from the Southsiders and Voyageurs is going to aid and abet us in an endeavor for tix...

They also may share arse spaces on the bus too...

Therefore if you are interested/confimed/willing to pay anytime then you had better let me know your intentions asap so I get you on the list.

masster

May 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Gang,

As johnnybluenose mentioned, I have put together a V's section for the Canada-Brazil game. So far there are about 45 of us. We are locatted in section 122 rows AA, BB, CC. I have told them that the group might grow so they have set some more tickets aside. Unfortunately, since the public sale starts on Monday, they will not hold them any later than Monday 8:00am. If you guys want in before then, please let me know. If plans aren't finalized until after, I can try to get you as close to us as possible but it might be difficult.

I have mentioned the bus on the V's board so hopefully you can pick up some more passengers.

Hope to see you lot down there!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, sorry but Sir M and the bearcubs will have just arrived in Palm Springs from Las Vegas on the 31st of May and will be firing up the Toros.

Hopefully this is a go, sounds like a blast.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have already purchased our tickets with the internet presale today. Goto ticketmaster.com and setup and account. When ordering tickets, the presale code is sounder

only complaint is the crazy convenience fee. $125 a ticket but add on $16.60 for ticketmaster and the stadium tax. At least we got 5th row tixs and around the 35 yard line. Now, who's gonna sit beside Kurgan at the game? Not me, I need the leg room.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0