Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP & Facebook - Together at Last

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally some true integration w/o just putting up a Fan Page :cool:

Well, let's call it PHASE I of some simple integration.

Here's what you can now do on TTP:

• Connect your FB Account with your TTP Account: you can association some of your FB info with your TTP account like your FB profile picture as your TTP avatar. You don't need to link everything (or anything for that matter) but in order to post stuff from here to your FB wall, you do need to connect the two.

To do so, just click on the FConnect button at the very top of any TTP page.
  • Publish a notification to your FB wall when starting a new thread on TTP
  • Publish a notification to your FB wall when posting a reply to a thread on TTP
  • Publish a notification to your FB wall when making a new blog entry on TTP
  • Publish a notification to your FB wall when making a comment on a blog on TTP
  • "Like" threads on TTP and have them show up on your FB account activity feed
  • "Like" blog entries on TTP and have them show up on your FB account activity feed

For the last 2, you don't need to create a connection between TTP and FB, liking something on TTP will show on FB either way.

When you "publish" something from TTP to FB, your FB wall will show a TTP icon, stating what you did on TTP (replied to thread, started thread, made blog entry or comment), give the thread/blog title and a link to it, and up to 300 characters of your post/reply.

Seems simple enough, even Sir M should be able to figure this one out ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This looks cool, but I'm not sure I want my two worlds to collide.

A KNVB divided amongst it's self can not survive...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Yes because no one knows who KNVB is :rolleyes:

Hard to believe a TTP Admin would be on the fence towards promoting the site but there you have it.

What's that acronym all the kids are using these days?

Right, there it is: FML

:wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I meant like what connects and what doesn't feed there and back etc... perhaps I'm thinking about this too much.. knvb and his worlds colliding thing have me thinking...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
OK, when you first connect (by clicking the connect button at the top of TTP) it asks you if you want to use certain stuff on FB for your TTP profile stuff. You can use your FB profile picture as your TTP avatar, your FB location as your TTP location, your birthdate, and your 'interests'. Personally, I just deselected all of those bits and just indicated I wanted the connection w/o pulling FB stuff into my TTP profile.

Once this is done, you'll notice at the top of TTP, the connect button has changed to a miniture icon picture of your FB profile picture. If you click it, it takes you to your FB page.

So far, NOTHING is posted onto your FB account.

Now that you've done that, you'll have the ability to publish replies and threads you start on TTP onto your FB wall. It is entirely opt-in on what you want to publish. There will be a check-box that you need to check before hitting submit on TTP in order to send whatever you are posting to your FB wall.

If you do send something to your FB wall, it will show up with a TTP logo with your FB name something along the lines of:

Robin Regnier just replied to a thread at TTP:

Shaw Cable New Channel thread
Takethepiss.com
Obviously I like to be comfortable when watching TV on the couch. Who doesn't?

There is a timestamp as well as a link back to TTP and the thread in question. People visiting your FB wall can "like" it there as well as leave a comment.

You can also remove the entry on FB at anytime like anything else.

Note that when you publish something, it will only use the first 300 characters of whatever you post.

For LIKING a thread or blog or (eventually on TTP) article, it just shows up on your FB wall as a "recent activity". Here's an example of the format:

Robin likes VMSL Masters 2010/2011 preseason rumours/discussion etc on TTP.

The title of whatever I 'liked' is linked back to the thread/blog/article in question and 'TTP' is linked back to Takethepiss.com

Again, you can remove anything you liked on FB at anytime.

Hopefully that paints a better picture - JBN, have a look at my wall on FB to get a better visual if you like.

Cheers,

Robi... erm, Regs.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok quick question Regs, if you like browsing the threads and your simultaneously logged into your Facebook account in another window and click "Like" or make post does it show up in your FB news feed and on TTP. If so how do you remove or undo that action? Let's say for example, I clicked I "Like" the ABC 123 thread, how do i unlike that?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you mean remove it from Facebook, you hover over it in FB and a "remove" option will show.

I'm not sure if that then removes it from TTP.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0